A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To...

A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms

There are 508 comments on the National Public Radio story from Mar 27, 2013, titled A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

By the time today's K-12 students grow up, the challenges posed by climate change are expected to be severe and sweeping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#306 Apr 24, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
a) Your wrong posts, in need of edits, amuse you.
b) Your profile name is not correct. You ain't down the middle, but you are middling.
c) Elementary attitudes are all the anti-toxin needed against toxic topix AGW deniers.
d) I showed you the solid science. You don't understand & egotistically strike out......Dunning Kruger Effect. Yeah, you got the disease.
Since I'm apparently the only "skeptic" here....you seem to be losing support from your own "team", son. 5 peanuts? lol....don't worry....serious minded people like myself don't waste time on judge-it-icons, so it wasn't me. also, do you think you come across as smarter when all you can claim is how stupid someone is that doesn't totally agree with your point of view? I'd be willing to venture that you only appear more inane and actually irritate those on your side of the issue.
Psssst.....you haven't shown one inkling of science. in fact, i wonder if you really know what science is all about. lol peace!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#307 Apr 24, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, carbon credits aren't a solution to start with. I want to see real international limits enacted on greenhouse gas emissions, with effective monitoring. I'd like to see an end to deforestation. I'd like to see a big reduction in cattle grazing and ranching. I'd like to see international standards that would move us away from internal-combustion autos and toward hybrids and electrics.
FWIW
apparently the european parliament agrees with your sentiment regarding carbon credits based on their 16 april vote not to delay issuance of more. IT'S ECONOMICS, GUYS!! I'm not necessarily opposed to your wants, likes, and desires......BUT AT WHAT COST? with how much certainty can anyone say that measures taken will actually have a real benefit? i read where the "warmists" claim that 2020 is the point of no return in reversing climatic calamity. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.....but we will have a net negative use of fossil fuels by as early as 2030 according to my research. Point being....the science hasn't been proven one way or the other. to try and reverse the driver of civilization within your deadlines is IMPOSSIBLE.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#308 Apr 24, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why give serious answers to questions based on false claims?
HEY!!!! that's my line!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#309 Apr 24, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>1. Read it, again.
2.You're welcome, MUM.
3. I recommend you use your own recommendation to answer your question.
1. i will and did.
2.now go mow the lawn, son.
3.more than we can afford....but more importantly...more than any government domestic or abroad will impose. Let's ASSUMME you're 100% correct in the faith you place in tainted and unproven scientific models. IT CAN'T BE REVERSED IN THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU ALARMISTS CLAIM IT HAS TO BE. YOU DID MORE OF A DIS-SERVICE TO CLIMATE CHANGE THAN ANY DENIER EVER WILL!!! YOU HAVE ALL OVERPLAYED YOUR HAND!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#310 Apr 24, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Since I'm apparently the only "skeptic" here....
You are not a sceptic (or a sketpic). To be skeptical, there must be a REASON for scepticism in the data or interpretation. Your posts are pure denial and misrepresentation. So you are a denialist. They even had to make up the term to describe this sort of belief, ideology or financial based repudiation of the facts as discovered by science.
litesong

Seattle, WA

#311 Apr 24, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Your posts are pure denial and misrepresentation. So you are a denialist. They even had to make up the term to describe this sort of belief, ideology or financial based repudiation of the facts as discovered by science.
Another suitable term for toxic topix AGW deniers is the Dunning-Kruger effect:
incompetent people not only fail to realise their incompetence, but consider themselves much more competent than everyone else.
litesong

Seattle, WA

#312 Apr 24, 2013
middleofthewrongdowngully wrote:
HEY!!!! that's my line!
Your line is,'middleofthewrongdowngully' .

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#313 Apr 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>apparently the european parliament agrees with your sentiment regarding carbon credits based on their 16 april vote not to delay issuance of more. IT'S ECONOMICS, GUYS!! I'm not necessarily opposed to your wants, likes, and desires......BUT AT WHAT COST? with how much certainty can anyone say that measures taken will actually have a real benefit? i read where the "warmists" claim that 2020 is the point of no return in reversing climatic calamity. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.....but we will have a net negative use of fossil fuels by as early as 2030 according to my research. Point being....the science hasn't been proven one way or the other. to try and reverse the driver of civilization within your deadlines is IMPOSSIBLE.
Um, I said I didn't think carbon credits were a solution, so you claim that the European Parliament AGREES with me and are issuing more of them?

That, er, doesn't make sense. You seem to be attributing positions to me that I don't hold. I wonder if you read my post at all?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#314 Apr 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>1. i will and did.
2.now go mow the lawn, son.
3.more than we can afford....but more importantly...more than any government domestic or abroad will impose. Let's ASSUMME[sic] you're 100% correct in the faith you place in tainted and unproven scientific models. IT CAN'T BE REVERSED IN THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU ALARMISTS CLAIM IT HAS TO BE. YOU DID MORE OF A DIS-SERVICE TO CLIMATE CHANGE THAN ANY DENIER EVER WILL!!! YOU HAVE ALL OVERPLAYED YOUR HAND!
No, I won't ASSUMME[sic] your assumption even for a hint.

This is an EMOTIONAL response from you!!!! Feel any better?

Data are data. Models are models. Where are your scientific models to dispute the modern scientific models?

Psstt you've got none. Furthermore:

"When Keeling first began his measurements, the amount of carbon dioxide (also known as CO2) was 316 parts per million (ppm). As of Tuesday, the reading was 398.44 ppm as measured at Mauna Loa."

http://www.jconline.com/usatoday/article/2110...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#315 Apr 25, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a sceptic (or a sketpic). To be skeptical, there must be a REASON for scepticism in the data or interpretation. Your posts are pure denial and misrepresentation. So you are a denialist. They even had to make up the term to describe this sort of belief, ideology or financial based repudiation of the facts as discovered by science.
LOL....you have to make up definitions to describe your opinion of me in order to define me.:-)
I won't speak for you or what you believe....if you think doing that for others gives you more credibility....more power to you. IMO, it only weakens your position. No factual information has been given that man's contribution to GHG will have a catastrophic outcome, as so many of you claim, nor has your "response" to the situation given any evidence that it will help the "looming disaster" whatsoever.
I pay attention.....so should you. The biggest concern for our well being and way of life walks among us.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#316 Apr 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
put your money where your mouth is, son! if you're so concerned with man's contribution to CO2's stop pasting shit on the internet while needlessly wasting said CO2 emissions. And another thing, sport, your mom is no longer allowed to bring you a PB&J sammie to the basement!! That bread was made from wheat....which is planted, grown and harvested using???? You're no longer allowed to have her baked cookies because it's cooked in an oven using???? And lastly.....you're not allowed to have that nice glass of milk to wash it all down or to have by your bed when she tucks you in!!! Those nasty cows are fed using CO2's and they belch methane all day long just for you to feel all cozy and good with yourself.
Now, be quiet before the moderator gives your uneducated azz a time out.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#317 Apr 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I said I didn't think carbon credits were a solution, so you claim that the European Parliament AGREES with me and are issuing more of them?
That, er, doesn't make sense. You seem to be attributing positions to me that I don't hold. I wonder if you read my post at all?
It makes perfect sense!! Much to the chagrin of the energy producers via wind, solar, and other "green" sources....the EU Parlament decided to go against their wishes and issue more carbon credits onto the market.....thus driving the carbon credit price down further. Coal producers of energy have been all too happy to exploit the cheap prices and are all too happy to buy more...which easily undermines the more expensive "greeny producer" to be competitive. Like I said last night....it's simple economics, reality, and political will. If it were as serious as you all said......people would pay attention, sacrifice, and make the changes. The science has been proven, guys. I have my opinion....just like you do.....I won't claim to be factual, but don't try to claim you have the facts on your side either....PLEASE!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#318 Apr 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW....I never quoted Dunning-Kruger, butthead! LOL
Do they have a disease for people that make those assumptions without any evidence.

LOL....that sort of fit your belief system, though, son.... At least you're consistent in that.

Bwahahahahahaha

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#319 Apr 25, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, I won't ASSUMME[sic] your assumption even for a hint.
This is an EMOTIONAL response from you!!!! Feel any better?
Data are data. Models are models. Where are your scientific models to dispute the modern scientific models?
Psstt you've got none. Furthermore:
"When Keeling first began his measurements, the amount of carbon dioxide (also known as CO2) was 316 parts per million (ppm). As of Tuesday, the reading was 398.44 ppm as measured at Mauna Loa."
http://www.jconline.com/usatoday/article/2110...
why would you assume that i'm emotional, skippy?
you're free to do whatever you wish. you seem easily assumable, though, with so little actual facts. THAT'S A FACT!! haahaa
data are data.....and garbage in equals garbage out.
models are models that can be tainted, flawed, and skewed.
Psssst. I never quoted Keeling. See how easily you're swayed by what you think is true, son? Find a post where I used that as support to back up an opinion or claim. I leave the facts to you experts.....so get back to me on that one,'kay?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#320 Apr 25, 2013
Insults and opinions always come to those more easily who have little thought for themselves or a grasp of the actual subject matter. It must be an emotional inferiority thing....I wouldn't know.
I'll try not to insult anyone here....except those who have already proven they deserve no more.
I'm open to discussion and debate......BUT DON'T TRY TO TELL ME YOU HAVE THE FACTS ON YOUR SIDE THAT CATASTROPHE IS AROUND THE CORNER IF MAN DOESN'T CHANGE HIS WAY OF LIFE IN THE NEXT 8 YEARS. EARF DON'T WORK LIKE THAT.....NOR DOES HUMANITY.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#321 Apr 26, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>It makes perfect sense!! Much to the chagrin of the energy producers via wind, solar, and other "green" sources....the EU Parlament decided to go against their wishes and issue more carbon credits onto the market.....thus driving the carbon credit price down further. Coal producers of energy have been all too happy to exploit the cheap prices and are all too happy to buy more...which easily undermines the more expensive "greeny producer" to be competitive. Like I said last night....it's simple economics, reality, and political will. If it were as serious as you all said......people would pay attention, sacrifice, and make the changes. The science has been proven, guys. I have my opinion....just like you do.....I won't claim to be factual, but don't try to claim you have the facts on your side either....PLEASE!!
Right...that's why I don't support carbon credits. You can't fight evils caused by capitalist big industry/energy with their own weapons. They understand the market all too well.

Governments are going to have to take charge of business, which can't be allowed to drag us into warming and disaster.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#322 Apr 26, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
..EDITED...I'm open to discussion and debate......BUT DON'T TRY TO TELL ME YOU HAVE THE FACTS ON YOUR SIDE THAT CATASTROPHE IS AROUND THE CORNER IF MAN DOESN'T CHANGE HIS WAY OF LIFE IN THE NEXT 8 YEARS. EARF DON'T WORK LIKE THAT.....NOR DOES HUMANITY.
Now THAT'S funny. You're open to debate...as long as we don't tell you what you don't want to hear.

ROTFLMAO!

Nice strawman description of warming, too. Funny.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#323 Apr 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT'S funny. You're open to debate...as long as we don't tell you what you don't want to hear.
ROTFLMAO!
Nice strawman description of warming, too. Funny.
prove when climate change will have catastrophic effects on the world. Until then, you're just spouting your beliefs, opinions, and faith, son. Cause you really don't have a clue, do you? No need to respond! We both know the answer....so why produce added CO2 by doing so.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#324 Apr 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...that's why I don't support carbon credits. You can't fight evils caused by capitalist big industry/energy with their own weapons. They understand the market all too well.
Governments are going to have to take charge of business, which can't be allowed to drag us into warming and disaster.
so it's your world view that free enterprise is evil and government is good. Thanks. That explains a lot!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#325 Apr 26, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>so it's your world view that free enterprise is evil and government is good.
At what? Pretty sure I don't want privately funded police. Or utilites if you check the record on that. Power in private hands led to Enron. And a number of cases of 'privatizing' the water supply led to sickness, and more expensive services.

Otoh, private enterprise screws up regularly but nobody seems to care. The big money bankers of Wall Street can do more damage than government can handle and then GIVE THEMSELVES BIG BONUSES. Corrupt business is also a problem, and I don't mean the egregious examples like the stock market broker who blows a billion dollars or scam artists like Bernard Madoff.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks. That explains a lot!
The only explanation your have provided is that you don't understand or have distorted views on both business and government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arizona's carbon dioxide goal in moderate range... 49 min Sneaky Pete 3
News Obama to Mandate Steeper Emissions Cuts From US... 1 hr RustyS 7
News The alleged hiatus in global warming didn't hap... 1 hr IBdaMann 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IBdaMann 6,513
News 7 Christian Denominations With Most Conservativ... 6 hr Redeemed 19
Face facts: Climate change is unfolding as pred... (Sep '10) 8 hr IB DaMann 25
Poll Will it, won't it? Part 3 (Aug '12) 19 hr litesong 2,233
More from around the web