Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36891 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#25985 May 23, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
It was under the President Ronald Reagan when the United States entered into an international agreement to ban the use of ozone-depleting industrial aerosols. Check this out: http://www.climateconservative.org/Timelineof...
President Reagan called the Montreal Protocol a 'monumental achievement", so why is it so difficult for today's republicans to agree with President Obama that a new international climate change treaty is crucial to the future of our country and planet too?
wtf?!?! you people are hysterical!! LOL

republicans went along with democratic presidents to go to war against germany, japan, korea, viet-nam....and democrats thought it was a good idea to go along with bush on iraq.....right?????

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25986 May 23, 2013
YES!!!! New energy secretary Ernest Moniz said he doesn't want to spend time arguing with climate change skeptics.
"Let me make it very clear that there is no ambiguity in terms of the scientific basis calling for a prudent response on climate change," Moniz said in a speech to energy department employees. He looks forward to advancing the administration's goals on climate."
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/6179-new-en...
I like Ernie! He's a droll and quirky guy....but he is a smart fellow. He has a talent for bringing people together with different thoughts of view (maybe he can give Obama some lessons?)
Anyway....he should do a good job as Sect. of E! I'm confident he'll do a good job in my area of interest. I also like the fact that he knows what to say and how to say it when. He's all about efficiency!! Which is really what's most important to a prosperous economy.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25987 May 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you fail to produce evidence.
producing evidence is the burden of those who want to prove THEIR theory, son?

your evidence has been shaky, inconclusive, and doesn't prove the outcomes of your predictions. sorry :-/

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25988 May 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Deniers are liars. They are trained to offend others, misrepresent, and twist facts.
They ignore the offenses of their ilk. Hypocrites.
LOL!!

you're so twisted in denial that your pseudoscience isn't close to being taken seriously. sorry if i sound offensive.....i just reject your faith in unfounded studies.
SpaceBlues

United States

#25989 May 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>your 97% figure has been debunked. too bad idiots like you don't bother reading the "fine print". brown shirts just do what they're told.....some things never change. EXCEPT CLIMATE!
Science is not discussed as an opinion piece. You fail without evidence.

I read the whole study. No, you are wrong.
SpaceBlues

United States

#25990 May 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!
you're so twisted in denial that your pseudoscience isn't close to being taken seriously. sorry if i sound offensive.....i just reject your faith in unfounded studies.
Read my previous post.

You are dismissed.
SpaceBlues

United States

#25991 May 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>producing evidence is the burden of those who want to prove THEIR theory, son?
your evidence has been shaky, inconclusive, and doesn't prove the outcomes of your predictions. sorry :-/
Read my previous post.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25992 May 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not discussed as an opinion piece. You fail without evidence.
I read the whole study. No, you are wrong.
You read what study....COOK?:-)
Leggy Mountbatten

Denver, CO

#25993 May 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Deny, lie, lie, deny, lie.
Your M.O.? Apparently.
Leggy Mountbatten

Denver, CO

#25994 May 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Read my previous post.
Sorry, the hysterics have been proven fools.

Global Warming: Was It Just A Beautiful Dream After All?- Forbes
www.forbes.com/.../global-warming-was-it-just... ;
Apr 3, 2013 –(It's recently been admitted that there has been no global warming for the last 16 years.) For the climate researchers, what matters may be ...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25995 May 23, 2013
You lie the same.... Too bad, huh ?

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>
"...back up your claim that the tornado yesterday was due to man made co2, "jeanie ass"!

no, stupid, you didn't make that EXACT claim."

So, YOU'RE A LIAR, right ???

Too EZ, the idiots cannot even prove they have a brain.... Pretty amusing your concept of "facts" !!! LMAOROTFU~!
Leggy Mountbatten

Denver, CO

#25996 May 23, 2013
No Need to Panic About Global Warming - Wall Street Journal
online.wsj.com/.../SB100014240529702043014045... ;
Editor's Note: The following has been signed by the 16 scientists listed at the end ... Perhaps the most inconvenient fact is the lack of global warming for well over ... is not unusual in the context of climate changes over the past thousand years.
Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report ...

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Global-warming-stoppe... ...
Oct 16, 2012 – The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new .... This 'plateau' in rising temperatures does not mean that global ...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25997 May 23, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, the hysterics have been proven fools.
Global Warming: Was It Just A Beautiful Dream After All?- Forbes
www.forbes.com/.../global-warming-was-it-just... ;
Apr 3, 2013 –(It's recently been admitted that there has been no global warming for the last 16 years.) For the climate researchers, what matters may be ...
Page not found ?? Yep, you proved something.....Not only are you incompetent, but your claimed "source" is no better.
Dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#25998 May 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
From - http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/02402...
The public perception of a scientific consensus on AGW is a necessary element in public support for climate policy (Ding et al2011). However, there is a significant gap between public perception and reality, with 57% of the US public either disagreeing or unaware that scientists overwhelmingly agree that the earth is warming due to human activity (Pew 2012).
Contributing to this 'consensus gap' are campaigns designed to confuse the public about the level of agreement among climate scientists. In 1991, Western Fuels Association conducted a $510,000 campaign whose primary goal was to 'reposition global warming as theory (not fact)'. A key strategy involved constructing the impression of active scientific debate using dissenting scientists as spokesmen (Oreskes 2010). The situation is exacerbated by media treatment of the climate issue, where the normative practice of providing opposing sides with equal attention has allowed a vocal minority to have their views amplified (Boykoff and Boykoff 2004). While there are indications that the situation has improved in the UK and USA prestige press (Boykoff 2007), the UK tabloid press showed no indication of improvement from 2000 to 2006 (Boykoff and Mansfield 2008).
The narrative presented by some dissenters is that the scientific consensus is '...on the point of collapse'(Oddie 2012) while '...the number of scientific "heretics" is growing with each passing year'(Allègre et al2012). A systematic, comprehensive review of the literature provides quantitative evidence countering this assertion. The number of papers rejecting AGW is a miniscule proportion of the published research, with the percentage slightly decreasing over time. Among papers expressing a position on AGW, an overwhelming percentage (97.2% based on self-ratings, 97.1% based on abstract ratings) endorses the scientific consensus on AGW.
War on terror responsible for climate change: Chaudhry
- See more at: http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013/05/24/ci...

Rit up your intellectual alley, my friend
SpaceBlues

United States

#25999 May 23, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
<quoted text>
Your M.O.? Apparently.
So you deny and lie.

All your links are kaput.. as your posts are.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#26000 May 23, 2013
Pretty funny, your "source" uses no actual quotes or even enough copy to present a point. Guess, you're just stuck raping blow up dolls,(as you claimed).

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#26001 May 23, 2013
Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
(It's recently been admitted that there has been no global warming for the last 16 years.)
You've been listening to Chinese whispers.

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#26002 May 23, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I like Ernie! He's a droll and quirky guy....but he is a smart fellow. He has a talent for bringing people together with different thoughts of view (maybe he can give Obama some lessons?)
Anyway....he should do a good job as Sect. of E! I'm confident he'll do a good job in my area of interest. I also like the fact that he knows what to say and how to say it when. He's all about efficiency!! Which is really what's most important to a prosperous economy.
Well, well, well, you finally admit it. Thanks. Keep it up! You're getting smarter by slow ,baby steps ,but still straggling forward with the rest of the class.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#26003 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>Well, well, well, you finally admit it. Thanks. Keep it up! You're getting smarter by slow ,baby steps ,but still straggling forward with the rest of the class.
lol.....but i seem to always be looking over my shoulder back at you and your crowd.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#26004 May 23, 2013
Recently James Hansen, the shamed past NASA scientist and global warming advocate, stated the average temperature of the earth has been essentially unchanged for the last 10 years. This does not agree with their computer models and predictions. If the trend continues this ERROR between prediction and observed data will exceed the tolerance limits of the model."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07) 5 hr Mothra 5,193
Global Cooling (Apr '15) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,453
2016 year to date (Apr '16) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 173
News Hundreds Of Scientists Urge Trump To Pull Out O... 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 267
News Interior Department agency removes climate chan... 16 hr Fixin Stupid 1
News My Word: Congress must counter Trumpa s damage ... Mon No doubt 1
News Climate cycles that could mean we're about to g... May 21 VirtualRealityIsN... 28
More from around the web