Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37499 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#25077 Apr 11, 2013
Correction: <43 hours should have been 6 hrs, 8mins, and 10secs.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#25078 Apr 11, 2013
Kyle: "If that's not enough for you, consider that the upper atmosphere contracts when it cools far more than the dense lower atmosphere expands as it warms. Thus the limits of the atmosphere have contracted closer to the Earth - a LOT. Easily measurable. In fact, it's been taken into account when predicting the decay of satellite orbits."

Lyin' Brian: "A new carbon tax would harm our economy and insult our intelligence."

A complete non sequitur, a dodge, and a concession.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#25079 Apr 11, 2013
Kyle: "Just for overkill that only Lyin' Brian would DENY, here's three more simple ways that we know the warming is caused by the GHE:

Climate science (and the common sense stemming from the basic intuitive physics of a moderately intelligent child) tells us that GHE warming would be greater at night, in the winter, and near the poles."

Lyin' Brian: "And more of it would be better than less. It's good to light your houselamp, warm your home, cool your perishables, transport goods and cook your food with fossil fuel, dependable and inexpensive."

Another complete non sequitur, dodge, and concession.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#25080 Apr 11, 2013
Kyle: "All three are in evidence in spades. The fractions of a degree of globalized anomalies make it easier for denier scum and dumb people to dismiss the science. However, temps near the poles in mid-winter (whihc is also middle of the night when above the Arctic circle) are many degrees warmer. I read recently that such a temperature from an island weather station shows a 10.7degF increase."

Lyin' Brian: "Climate always changes; don't panic."

Kyle: "So, Lyin' Brian, how are you going to DENY the logic above? how are you going to DENY 10+ degree changes? Hmmm?"

Lyin' Brian: "I'll not deny +20 degree changes, or less. Climate always changes."

Two repetitions of RETARDED denier fallacious argument #1 which has been refuted several times on this thread alone. Just two more dodges; two more concessions.

Lyin' Brian: "Does it mean man made CO2 is the cause? No, there's no experimental data."

Another repetition of what has become his mantra, even thoughit's been refuted several times on this thread and even though he refuses to answer questions that reveal the patent absurdity of this 5th grade level of science understanding. Just one more dodge; one more concession.
SpaceBlues

United States

#25081 Apr 11, 2013
b_gone must be drinking a lot of beer and crying ...
Kiwi

Christchurch, New Zealand

#25082 Apr 11, 2013
THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE,I WILL EXPLAIN.
SLOW DOWN AND THINK.
Its like this,Planets and moons are wound up from their primaries radiation (belts,rings)
Planets from the sun and moons from their planets.
As a planet is made it starts rotating the sun.
As a planet gets older it starts travelling further and further away from the sun as it rotates .
As a planet gets older it starts tilting its south pole toward the sun.Mercury -2 degress,Venus 3 earth 23.5 mar 25 etc.
if you want to know where earth is heading look at mars we will be rotating on mars plane one day and mars further out.Mars atmosphere at 25 degress tilt 97% co2(They must have had alot of cars on mars,NOT)GOVERNMENTS WANT MORE TAX$$$ CARBON $$$$ WAKE UP,This is the natural course of the earth,nothing more ,nothing less.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25083 Apr 12, 2013
Guess, this explains you and traffic circles...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#25084 Apr 12, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Sure, burning is "natural", all living creatures destroy chemicals to exist.. Poor Brain Gone, when you get to China, they'll destroy you for having no value...
Is that a threat?

All living animals emit CO2, water vapor and other greenhouse gases. They understand that very well, in China. Greenhouse gases are good because they keep the warmth on the surface of Earth, in a cold universe. I know it sounds scary, a chaotic dance of planets and sun around a common gravitational point. A roller coaster ride through climate. Just wait...
WHINEeeeeee

Seattle, WA

#25085 Apr 12, 2013
Not at the rising higher levels...

Yeah, my Chinese contacts are ready for you to dig through the earth...

Poor Brain Gone, less relevant, with every post.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#25086 Apr 12, 2013
WHINEeeeeee wrote:
Not at the rising higher levels...
Yeah, my Chinese contacts are ready for you to dig through the earth...
Poor Brain Gone, less relevant, with every post.
How many monikers this morning, "daily joke" ???
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25088 Apr 12, 2013
So unoriginal, should I just post as you, too ???
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#25089 Apr 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"excess GHG's are man's doing" Climate always changes. Does it mean man made CO2 is the cause? No, there's no experimental data.
But, Brian, you said GHG's keep us from sliding into another ice age.

Did you do your little experiment?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25090 Apr 12, 2013
Kiwi wrote:
My propulsions class was similar. You didn't explain, because you have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Kyle

Rensselaer, IN

#25091 Apr 12, 2013
Kiwi wrote:
SLOW DOWN AND THINK.
Its like this,Planets and moons are wound up from their primaries radiation (belts,rings)
Planets from the sun and moons from their planets.
As a planet is made it starts rotating the sun.
As a planet gets older it starts travelling further and further away from the sun as it rotates .
As a planet gets older it starts tilting its south pole toward the sun.Mercury -2 degress,Venus 3 earth 23.5 mar 25 etc.
if you want to know where earth is heading look at mars we will be rotating on mars plane one day and mars further out.Mars atmosphere at 25 degress tilt 97% co2(They must have had alot of cars on mars,NOT)GOVERNMENTS WANT MORE TAX$$$ CARBON $$$$ WAKE UP,This is the natural course of the earth,nothing more ,nothing less.
The saddest part of all that WTFness? That you apparently think it's a reasonable explanation. Put way the computer and take your meds.
Kyle

Rensselaer, IN

#25092 Apr 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Greenhouse gases are good because they keep the warmth on the surface of Earth,...
Amounts of GHG's substantially similar to that which our societies, cities, crops, livestock, fisheries, etc. have evolved with are good because they keep substantially the same warmth that they all evolved with.

Amounts of GHG's higher than at any time since long before man evolved, rising 100X faster than the fastest rate that they risen over that same time, is obviously bad.

Unless you're so retarded that the obvious goes over your head.

Or you're paid so well by Exxon that you don't care if your grandchildren live a meager, depressing, and possibly shortened life.
Kyle

Rensselaer, IN

#25093 Apr 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a threat?
All living animals emit CO2, water vapor and other greenhouse gases. They understand that very well, in China. Greenhouse gases are good because they keep the warmth on the surface of Earth, in a cold universe. I know it sounds scary, a chaotic dance of planets and sun around a common gravitational point. A roller coaster ride through climate. Just wait...
In case you missed it, Lyin' Brian has just copped to the fact of CO2 being a critical GHG for regulating Earth's climate. Therefore, he has copped to the fact that increasing it 41%(now) or 100%(in decades) will regulate climate at a drastically different state.

Well, he has, but he'll lie and deny that the undeniable logic above is valid. He'll do so by repeating an already refuted argument that was prima facie retarded or just some handwaving nonsense.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#25094 Apr 12, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Is that a threat?[/QUOTE]

Wished it so. With your expertise in threats, your asking means, it isn't.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#25095 Apr 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
But, Brian, you said GHG's keep us from sliding into another ice age. Did you do your little experiment?
I'm not advocating climate change mitigation; I've got no theory to test. I just noted, I've got the same experiments to support the belief man's greenhouse gases do good that you have to test the claim they are harmful.

We should wait for the science to catch up to the hype.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#25096 Apr 12, 2013
Kyle wrote:
Amounts of GHG's substantially similar to that which our societies, cities, crops, livestock, fisheries, etc. have evolved with are good because they keep substantially the same warmth that they all evolved with. Amounts of GHG's higher than at any time since long before man evolved, rising 100X faster than the fastest rate that they risen over that same time, is obviously bad. Unless you're so retarded that the obvious goes over your head. Or you're paid so well by Exxon that you don't care if your grandchildren live a meager, depressing, and possibly shortened life.
Mammals evolved when CO2 levels were much higher than today. We are living in a CO2 famine atmosphere.

Mother nature has adapted to our CO2 emissions; she likes it when we use fossil fuel.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25098 Apr 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Mammals evolved when CO2 levels were much higher than today. We are living in a CO2 famine atmosphere.
Mother nature has adapted to our CO2 emissions; she likes it when we use fossil fuel.
Because it burns her creation's lungs ??? Funny, your standard of BS is so high, while your standards of proof is so low. Face it Brain Gone, you're a dumb troll...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 5 min almighty bob 413
1800 months of 'adjusted' data are irrelevant a... 7 hr Can t Have It Bot... 34
global warming keeps on keeping on 9 hr Into The Night 45
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr No fun 11,654
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 hr Can t Have It Bot... 64,007
News Griffith's agenda includes rules for Congress, ... (Sep '10) Sun Goonie 55
The Global Warming Fraud Sun Can t Have It Bot... 10
More from around the web