Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36891 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21805 Oct 5, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Once again your pompous generalities have you defending the absurd.
Never mind... you answered my question.
I did. But you do not have the capability to understand. You continue to throw the baby out with the bath water.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21806 Oct 5, 2012
Toidi Slayer wrote:
This is a trend that may or may not be related to this thread - you decide:
Study: Fraud growing in scientific research papers
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/study-fraud...
Fraud and conflict of interest ARE growing problems in the world of science, but the problem is that the money is coming from the corporate world - anti-warming money from Big Energy, drug money from Big Pharma, etc.

Deniers want this to be about the supposed 'vast riches' scientists receive from government or university grants, but let's be honest - ANY scientist knows that's pure BS. The BIG money comes out of the pockets of big corporations.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21807 Oct 5, 2012
Mothballs wrote:
<quoted text>
So an increase in fraud is OK with you?
Up to what point?
Not only DIDN't you answer the post intelligently or to the point, you've created an offensive strawman of your own to hide behind.

And you're not a troll?

LOL...SURE you're not.:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21808 Oct 5, 2012
D1-25-5-br wrote:
<quoted text>
After you listed your lame green devices and I tore them apart one by one , you disappeared off the D1 radar . Now you talk trash again . I repeat you are a science fraud , you were outed along with ALL your greenie friends , and NOTHING you propose either solves any problems or serves any purpose . You just want to bleed the taxpayers for as much fraud money as you can . You know that without gov't taxmoney you stand a good chance of having no life at all , especially after Romney handed Obama his A$$ last night . You are watching your only reason for living vaporize right before your own eyes . I like it !! Bleed some more !! I wanna watch .
If only lies and bluster could win a debate, huh, yokel? You'd be all set then, wouldn't you?

LOL

Yep, I'm sure you look good to yourself when you simply lie about everything you've done. Pathetic. A TRUE Rightie.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21809 Oct 5, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Once again your pompous generalities have you defending the absurd.
Never mind... you answered my question.
Your hypocrisy steps to the fore as you accuse someone else of something you're CONSTANTLY guilty of yourself, Mr. Pompous Generalities.

Troll!
Jobless

Saint Paul, MN

#21810 Oct 5, 2012
I want my gummit Obama free cell phone,
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#21811 Oct 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hypocrisy steps to the fore as you accuse someone else of something you're CONSTANTLY guilty of yourself, Mr. Pompous Generalities.
Troll!
Ahh... poor little harvey.

Fighting like mad to be relevant ... and shed his troll title.

But still failing at both.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21812 Oct 5, 2012
Ahhh... Poor mother... Harv is creaming you, so you post nothing...
D1-25-5-br

Lafayette, TN

#21813 Oct 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
If only lies and bluster could win a debate, huh, yokel? You'd be all set then, wouldn't you?
LOL
Yep, I'm sure you look good to yourself when you simply lie about everything you've done. Pathetic. A TRUE Rightie.
I'm not here to debate you . I'm here to laugh at you , to ridicule you . As for GW , you lost that debate a long time ago . But you are good for a laugh . Moron .
Romney will win . Then you & your friends will starve .
(some more) I'm gonna like that . Laugh riot . Out in my garage I have few cans of 70's vintage R-12 refrigerant . I think I'll go open one into the atmosphere in your honor .

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#21815 Oct 6, 2012
I love this answer from Romney:

The third area, energy: Energy is critical, and the President pointed out correctly that production of oil and gas in the U.S. is up -- but not due to his policies, in spite of his policies. Mr. President, all of the increase in natural gas and oil has happened on private land, not on government land. On government land, your administration has cut the number of permits and licenses in half.
If I知 President, I値l double them and also get the oil from offshore in Alaska, and I値l bring that pipeline in from Canada. And by the way, I like coal. I知 going to make sure we can continue to burn clean coal. People in the coal industry feel like it痴 getting crushed by your policies. I want to get America and North America energy independent so we can create those jobs.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/trans...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#21816 Oct 6, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
I love this answer from Romney:
The third area, energy: Energy is critical, and the President pointed out correctly that production of oil and gas in the U.S. is up -- but not due to his policies, in spite of his policies. Mr. President, all of the increase in natural gas and oil has happened on private land, not on government land. On government land, your administration has cut the number of permits and licenses in half.
If I知 President, I値l double them and also get the oil from offshore in Alaska, and I値l bring that pipeline in from Canada. And by the way, I like coal. I知 going to make sure we can continue to burn clean coal. People in the coal industry feel like it痴 getting crushed by your policies. I want to get America and North America energy independent so we can create those jobs.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/trans...
On surveys of national problems & priorities, "Global Warming"/"Climate Change" have disappeared.

http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21817 Oct 6, 2012
Bush is no longer president, is he non-existent, too ??? Geez, you make YOUR reality out of nonsense....
Slew Theme Song

Minneapolis, MN

#21818 Oct 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Bush is no longer president, is he non-existent, too ??? Geez, you make YOUR reality out of nonsense....
Another Saturday nigt and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in awful mess
I blew in town 40 years ago, I ain't seen a lotta girls since then
If I could find'em I could get'em but as yet I have'nt met'em
That's why I'm in the shape I'm in ohhhh

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I'm in awful mess
Another fella told me he had a sister that looked so fine
Instead of being my deliverance, she had a strong resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein ohhhh....

I'm in awful mess
It's hard for a fella, when he don't know his way around
If I can't find me a honey to help me spend her money
I'm gonna have to blow this town ohhh....

Im in awful mess
Toidi

Saint Paul, MN

#21819 Oct 6, 2012
Hey I know! I think I'll post the same stupid thing on a bunch of threads! That will be awesome!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21820 Oct 6, 2012
Poor trolls, a childlike mind, in a jar by the door...
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#21821 Oct 6, 2012
MORE NEWS:

Wide Awake: Sinkhole is only a symptom...

&fe ature=youtu.be

----

Still Growing: Bayou Corne, LA

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

----

Mysterious tremors 45 miles from sinkhole

http://www.examiner.com/article/mysterious-tr...

----

Oil sheen mysteriously appears off Louisiana's Gulf Coast

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/04/us/louisiana-oi...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#21822 Oct 6, 2012
Mothra wrote:
On surveys of national problems & priorities, "Global Warming"/"Climate Change" have disappeared.
http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm
No surprise there, they're both ridiculously expensive for no obvious return.
At least with a war you see results, even if it's only dead soldiers.
PHD

Houston, TX

#21823 Oct 6, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>No surprise there, they're both ridiculously expensive for no obvious return.
At least with a war you see results, even if it's only dead soldiers.
So your care giver seems to be failing at its job.And the results from hiring a poor care giver is more useless babble tainted with hate spewed daily by the dirtling.
litesong

Everett, WA

#21824 Oct 6, 2012
'Global warming 'undeniable'

A stunning performance(actually a non-performance) the last four days, showing Arctic sea ice NOT piling on great amounts of sea ice on the Arctic Ocean, surrounding seas & landforms. Four days ago, Arctic sea ice expansion was only the size of West Virginia! Three days ago, THE ARCTIC SEA ICE AREA EXPANSION WAS ONLY AS TINY AS DELAWARE!
Called a secondary feedback in AGW, solar energy absorption by historically unrecorded amounts of clear Arctic waters is putting on an incredible show in a non-performing role, well worthy of an Academy Award. With a stoic unchanging face, almost all Arctic waters refuse to ice:
Details below:
//////////
\\\\\\\\\\
litesong wrote:
Arctic sea ice extent is BELOW any recorded level in any previous year, at 4,173,594 km2 (October 3, 2012), fractionally gaining ~7,000 km2(a bit more than tiny Delaware area) of sea ice the previous day, the sun, unseen, from North Pole for ~2 weeks, & temps above the 80th parallel, at -13 degC. Temps on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean are dropping well below freezing, yet Arctic Ocean & seas still remain remarkably free of sea ice. Much warmth built up in Arctic waters these past months is resisting its conversion back to sea ice, especially southern Arctic waters which have seen much more solar energy absorbed than northern Arctic clear waters. Only along the Greenland east coast is sea ice extending greatly south.
It is stunning how the southern Arctic waters resist the ever increasing darkness & cold atmospheric temperatures trying to convert water to sea ice(yes, only Connecticut area, this past day).
This same Arctic Ocean warmth is & will continue to keep Arctic sea ice thinner through the coming winter & even spring. As of October 2, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~23% lower than any satellite recorded year AND indications of submarine-detected Arctic sea ice yearly VOLUME.
Yes, the Arctic sea ice VOLUME is disappearing, day to day, & year to year, quicker than the Arctic sea ice extent, even in the time of Arctic sea ice increase.
//////////
litesong continues:
Presently, Arctic sea ice extent is about the same or below as any minimum Arctic sea ice of any recorded year, & has been for 5-6 weeks, either by satellite or submarine data, at 4,256,875 km2 (October 5, 2012). Over the last two days, only the area represented by S. Carolina has become sea ice, despite the sun, unseen, from North Pole for ~2 weeks, temperatures above the 80th parallel averaging minus 14 degC, & temperatures on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean dropping well below freezing(as low as -10degC).

Almost all large region southerly Arctic waters, including the Northwest Passage, Northeast passage, waters north of Alaska & waters even north of Russian Islands, Franz Joseph Land, & Svalbard are ice free. Year long sea ices have been in place north of Canada & Greenland. The farthest southerly reaching sea ices are along the east coast of Greenland. Much warmth built up in Arctic waters these past months are resisting their conversion back to sea ice, especially southern Arctic waters which have seen much more solar energy absorbed than northern Arctic clear waters.

This same Arctic Ocean warmth is & will continue to keep Arctic sea ice thinner through the coming winter & even spring. As of October 2, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~23% lower than any satellite recorded year AND indications of submarine-detected Arctic sea ice yearly VOLUME.

Downwellings in unusual clear Arctic waters, normally sea ice covered, have transported extra solar energy to continental shelf & Arctic Ocean & sea depths.

Yeah, despite the feeble denial efforts of 'steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling', a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig, to discount this thread, this thread is alive.
Solar Blues

Saint Paul, MN

#21825 Oct 8, 2012
Even China losing money on solar

The NYT reports (h/t Alex Tabarrok) that Chinese subsidies for solar panel production via state-owned banks have led to huge overcapacity, with up to 33% losses on panel sales.

Tabarrok points out the parallels between Chinese officials reactions and the political fallout from failed U.S. government investments in solar. The rhetoric is similar but there are important differences. China seems to have overinvested in manufacturing capacity (at least given current demand), while U.S. investments are primarily in the R&D or initial commercialization phase. Failure rates in these early phases of development should be expected to be much higher (though Solyndra is to date the only one of 16 solar firms to receive Department of Energy loan guarantees to fail). Ongoing manufacturing subsidies also have to be much bigger: China directly or indirectly gave solar firms $18 billion in low-rate loans, plus other benefits like cheap land and entered into long-term contracts that could reach $50 billion in subsidies over 20 years. In contrast, DOE guaranteed $13.6 billion in loans. Both are big numbers, but the Chinese are on the hook for a lot more, for a lot longer.

American observers are likely to cheer news of Chinese solar troubles. Simple schadenfreude is part of that. Some may feel the news vindicates beliefs that Chinese clean energy subsidies are 田heating or breaking trade law. Others will find confirmation of preexisting skepticism about solar power.

I agree that apparent Chinese oversubsidization of solar is good news. But for a simpler reason: cheap solar panels are fantastic in their own right. It doesn稚 really matter who makes them. If we can buy cheap panels from China, we can spend the resources we壇 otherwise use on other things. Not for the first time, China is subsidizing U.S. consumption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07) 6 min Patriot AKA Bozo 5,093
Global Cooling (Apr '15) 6 hr Into The Night 2,399
News Hundreds Of Scientists Urge Trump To Pull Out O... 6 hr Into The Night 173
News Battery Power Gives Boost to Renewables 16 hr tina anne 143
The Paradox of Contemporary Neo-Orthodox Climat... Fri don t drink the k... 2
global warming keeps on keeping on Fri Cabbage 3
News Prof at The Nation: CO2 'A Far More Deadly Gas'... Apr 25 okimar 3
More from around the web