Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28477 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#25701 Aug 1, 2012
Are you scientifically literate. If you cannot pass this test, your opinions are limited in value.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/1209/Ar...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#25702 Aug 2, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
Are you scientifically literate. If you cannot pass this test, your opinions are limited in value.
Pluto isn't a planet.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#25703 Aug 2, 2012
Pluto is a planetoid.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#25704 Aug 2, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Dearest Bernie, please get a clue, just in case you haven't noticed, I live in Spain/Espaa, Europe.
We don't have Rupublicans over here.
Mitts is short for mittens in English.
Apart from all that, I've been completely apolitical for the last 24 years, since I retired, so your silly political taunts fall on stony ground.
ֿ
Earthling; Try this experiment. Look at your hands and feet. Now designate one to be your right and the other will be your left. Now think of governments and the various sub groups within their culture is left or right determined by their ideologies. Observe what Americans designate as left [Democrats] and they designate as right [republicans]. Why you can even designate it to the actions of organizations and cultural entities.
Now with that in mind apply it to your visions of the world regardless of what hide-a-way you should occupy. This is getting tedious. Do try to keep up laddie.

Location hidden

#25705 Aug 2, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Pluto isn't a planet.
If you had chosen that answer, you would have been incorrect. Did you pass the test? Tell the truth.

#25706 Aug 2, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
You answered 38 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 76%.
-
How many moons does Earth have?

#25707 Aug 2, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
This is getting tedious. Do try to keep up laddie.
I'm so far ahead that I have no need of politics.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#25708 Aug 2, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Dearest Bernie, please get a clue, just in case you haven't noticed, I live in Spain/Espaa, Europe.
We don't have Rupublicans over here.
Mitts is short for mittens in English.
Apart from all that, I've been completely apolitical for the last 24 years, since I retired, so your silly political taunts fall on stony ground.
ֿ
Earthling; Mitts is short for mittens in English.

24 years and still red! You remind me of blind man I met. During our conversation he was making derogatory remarks against the Afro Americans. I asked him how long have you been blind? All my life. Why? Well you do know that you are an African American. Tears rolled down his eyes as I moved on. Perhaps you are, nah never mind. Hate to see an old man cry.
Mitts is short for mittens. Hmmm so I have been calling our Mitt with his proper name of Mittens. Rather fastidious of me dont you think? Silly me...
litesong

Everett, WA

#25709 Aug 2, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling wrote:
...... fall on stony ground.
ֿ
So that's how you explain your slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms..... sounds right.
Jack Ruby

UK

#25710 Aug 2, 2012
Injun brave talk with forked ass. Injun speak heap of utter tripe. Pipe of peace so far up Injun's ass , he blows smoke signals out of backside.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#25711 Aug 3, 2012
Seems everyone gave up here. Must have got too hot.

#25712 Aug 4, 2012

Location hidden

#25713 Aug 4, 2012
By D.R. Tucker on 8/3/2012 4:15pm
Skeptical Believer: Our Interview with the Kochs' Former Global Warming Skeptic, Dr. Richard Muller
The unapologetic physicist takes shots at colleague Michael Mann and Al Gore; offers unsupported assertions about debunked 'Climategate'; calls for conservation and 'clean fracking'; stands by charge that most Global Warming concerns are 'exaggerated'...

Guest blogged by D.R. Tucker

On Wednesday, Progressive Radio Network host/veteran green journalist Betsy Rosenberg and I were honored to interview, the one-time climate change skeptic Dr. Richard Muller, whose Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) project --- which was funded in part, ironically enough, by the notorious climate change deniers at the Charles G. Koch Foundation --- recently came to the same conclusion that virtually all climate scientists not affiliated with libertarian think tanks have long since recognized: climate change is "real" and "humans are almost entirely the cause," thanks to the the anthropogenic release of greenhouse gases.
http://www.bradblog.com/...

#25714 Aug 4, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
Did you pass the test? Tell the truth.
I think so, see post #25706.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

Now tell me how many moons Earth has?

#25715 Aug 4, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
By D.R. Tucker on 8/3/2012 4:15pm
Skeptical Believer: Our Interview with the Kochs' Former Global Warming Skeptic, Dr. Richard Muller
Much as you'd like him to have been, Muller was never a GW or CC sceptic.

Global Warming 'Skeptic' Never Really Was
Media's portrayal of scientist's supposed change of heart ignores his previous statements
http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/17...

Location hidden

#25716 Aug 4, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>You answered 38 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 76%.
-
The Earth has one formally classified moon called the "Moon". There are other celestial objects that orbit the Earth for a time but they are not permanent residents. Then there is Rev.Sun Myung Moon and various others from the Moon family.

Location hidden

#25717 Aug 4, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Much as you'd like him to have been, Muller was never a GW or CC sceptic.
Global Warming 'Skeptic' Never Really Was
Media's portrayal of scientist's supposed change of heart ignores his previous statements
http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/17...
I know it is difficult for you to get around the BEST study, but whether you think that Muller was a skeptic or not old Anthony changed his tune after the study came out.
dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#25718 Aug 4, 2012
It appears that when a study is first published, it is a good or even 'the best' study based on current knowledge and technology.

In subsequent years these studies are considered crude and insufficient in explaining climate cause and effect.

Yet, oddly enough, all the studies come to the same conclusion... life on Earth is at risk from AGW.

LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#25719 Aug 4, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Much as you'd like him to have been, Muller was never a GW or CC sceptic.
Baloney. He criticise the methodology of the Mann, et al 'hockey stick' and then went on to criticise the 'station selection' and analysis of AGW. He BECAME a skeptic from an early position backing the 'consensus'.

He has now had time to investigate those areas he was skeptical about and apply his own methodology (getting the same results) so he has now been converted to AGW theory due to his INCREASED KNOWLEDGE.

It is fairly clear that denial and skepticism is in direct proportion to ignorance of the subject.
dont drink the koolaid

Eden Prairie, MN

#25720 Aug 4, 2012
It appears that station selections were made up.
see: HARRY_README. IN:
FOI2009.ZIP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paris climate deal on track for early start 13 min tina anne 314
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IB DaMann 9,554
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 58,855
El Nino Watch 4 hr Into The Night 165
Seriously are you guys for real..... 4 hr IB DaMann 2
Improved Greenland Ice Sheet Loss by GRACE & I(... 5 hr litesong 22
News Earth gets greener as globe gets hotter, study ... 5 hr litesong 16
More from around the web