Since End Of Last Ice Age, Rates Of G...

Since End Of Last Ice Age, Rates Of Global Warming 'Amazing And Atypical'

There are 9 comments on the New Hampshire Public Radio - story from Mar 8, 2013, titled Since End Of Last Ice Age, Rates Of Global Warming 'Amazing And Atypical'. In it, New Hampshire Public Radio - reports that:

Scientists say they have put together a record of global temperatures dating back to the end of the last ice age, about 11,000 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Hampshire Public Radio -.

PHD

Cibolo, TX

#1 Mar 8, 2013
Climate scientists
"predict"
that the current warming will continue, given the amount of greenhouse gases going up into the atmosphere.

More scientific science fiction. There is more guess work here than ant real science and scientific science fiction combined.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#2 Mar 8, 2013
They couldn't use the ice core data to make this statement, tree rings only went back 2000 years so they were able to determine this with their crystal ball?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#3 Mar 8, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
They couldn't use the ice core data to make this statement, tree rings only went back 2000 years so they were able to determine this with their crystal ball?
Try reading the article.
litesong

Everett, WA

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Try reading the article.
Yes, the fossilized shells are great. Hope they find collaborating evidence, too. Very interesting.
SpaceBlues

United States

#5 Mar 8, 2013
PHD wrote:
Climate scientists
"predict"
that the current warming will continue, given the amount of greenhouse gases going up into the atmosphere.
More scientific science fiction. There is more guess work here than ant real science and scientific science fiction combined.
Oh you did not say your usual "follow the money." It's obvious you have no idea about science or common sense.

BIGGEE: It took just 100 years for the global average temperature to change by 1.3 degrees, when it had taken 5,000 years to do that before.

What happened?

After the end of the ice age, our planet got warmer. Then, 5,000 years ago, it started to get cooler — but really slowly. In all, it cooled 1.3 degrees Fahrenheit, up until the last century or so. Then it flipped again — global average temperature shot up.

"Temperatures now have gone from that cold period to the warm period in just 100 years," Marcott says.

So it's taken just 100 years for the average temperature to change by 1.3 degrees, when it took 5,000 years to do that before.

Why? Man-made greenhouse gases that are released into the atmosphere in vast amounts daily. Now, 90,000,000 tons of CO2 each day.

"The climate changes to come are going to be larger than anything that human civilization and agriculture has seen in its entire existence. And that is quite a sobering thought." [Gavin Schmidt, a climate researcher at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies]

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#6 Mar 8, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the fossilized shells are great. Hope they find collaborating evidence, too. Very interesting.
They also used pollen and trans fats in algal deposits- see the other article on this story.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7 Mar 8, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you did not say your usual "follow the money." It's obvious you have no idea about science or common sense.
BIGGEE: It took just 100 years for the global average temperature to change by 1.3 degrees, when it had taken 5,000 years to do that before.
What happened?
After the end of the ice age, our planet got warmer. Then, 5,000 years ago, it started to get cooler — but really slowly. In all, it cooled 1.3 degrees Fahrenheit, up until the last century or so. Then it flipped again — global average temperature shot up.
"Temperatures now have gone from that cold period to the warm period in just 100 years," Marcott says.
So it's taken just 100 years for the average temperature to change by 1.3 degrees, when it took 5,000 years to do that before.
Why? Man-made greenhouse gases that are released into the atmosphere in vast amounts daily. Now, 90,000,000 tons of CO2 each day.
"The climate changes to come are going to be larger than anything that human civilization and agriculture has seen in its entire existence. And that is quite a sobering thought." [Gavin Schmidt, a climate researcher at NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies]
Ok, follow the money. You on the other hand have no sense. You’re the typical sheeplebot that make decisions on political, religious or what ever is the flavor of the day would be. Most if not all of your info is cut and paste could be, should be, predictions, and my opinion no real science. Do your normal disagree and call names.
SpaceBlues

United States

#8 Mar 8, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, follow the money. You on the other hand have no sense. You’re the typical sheeplebot that make decisions on political, religious or what ever is the flavor of the day would be. Most if not all of your info is cut and paste could be, should be, predictions, and my opinion no real science. Do your normal disagree and call names.
Not OK. You have no comprehension in addition to no science or common sense.

I posted my words as well as science results correctly.

You are the name caller 24/7 and no judge of anything or anybody.
The Evidence Is Out There

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jun 19, 2018
"Since End Of Last Ice Age, Rates Of Global Warming 'Amazing And Atypical'"

The current Ice Age did not end which means ...the entire premise of this story is flawed.

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
-Holocene Ice Age

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr hojo 41,889
News White House will override Obama's climate plan (Oct '17) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 6,628
Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07) 14 hr Talkin To daNight 5,748
The Pseudoscience of Global Warming (Mar '18) 17 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 469
News Skyscrapers may have worsened Hurricane Harvey ... Sat Traveler 1
News How 'miniature suns' could provide cheap, clean... Fri Solarman 1
Global Cooling (Apr '15) Thu Into The Night 2,654