Who still takes global warming seriously?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Comments (Page 1,506)

Showing posts 30,101 - 30,120 of30,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Now the spaced out spacedoutblues agrees it is scientific science fiction. "WOW" a new day a new dawn.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

phud fetid feces face fiend wrote:
Commonly know as scientific science fiction hoax.
"phud fetid feces face fiend" not only wears a fool's cap:
http://www.google.com/imgres...

, but you also support 'large lying language', a member of the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS), who wear
hoods:
http://hinterlandgazette.com/tag/kkk-robe-and...

To go along with its many caps, "phud fetid feces face fiend" also wears:

“Polymath”

Since: Jul 08

Farmington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

This argument is a moot point. Fossil fuels are finite. They will run out. Period. And at the rate we are using them they will do that within the next century.

Moreover, before they run out, what's left will have to be saved for emergency vehicles, plastics, medicines, and the military.

So quit bickering about whether Global Warming is real and get real. We have to convert our energy production to 100% renewable someday, why not start now?

Better than arguing in the living room until the hose burns down around you.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"phud fetid feces face fiend" not only wears a fool's cap:
, but you also support 'large lying language', a member of the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS), who wear
hoods:
http://hinterlandgazette.com/tag/kkk-robe-and...
To go along with its many caps, "phud fetid feces face fiend" also wears:
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
suxsux

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Phud and large language are what?

Do you only contribute meaningless babble, aimed at both sides of the debate, cutting everyone, contributing nothing?

Don't you have some video games yall can play?

All you are here is as scavenging dogs, no input, no science, no valid arguments, just vapid asides.

Quite pitiful.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Phud and large language are what?
Do you only contribute meaningless babble, aimed at both sides of the debate, cutting everyone, contributing nothing?
Don't you have some video games yall can play?
All you are here is as scavenging dogs, no input, no science, no valid arguments, just vapid asides.
Quite pitiful.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
Chan

Nanjing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

bs global warming
Bill G

Rio Branco, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Chan wrote:
bs global warming
Ageed.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

BS scientific science fiction global warming cooling climate change.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

phud fetid feces face fiend wrote:
......BS.....
"phud fetid feces face fiend" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Chan, PHuD, Larch Languid, Bill G:

Do you have opinions? Yes.

Do you have pointless comments? Yes.

Do you have any scientific evidence to back up your opinions and comments?

(crickets chirping)
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
....... PHuD.......
gcaveman1...... I disagree with you.'phud fetid feces face fiend' has no opinion, just copies someone's opinion.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
gcaveman1...... I disagree with you.'phud fetid feces face fiend' has no opinion, just copies someone's opinion.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Chan, PHuD, Larch Languid, Bill G:
Do you have pointless comments? Yes.
Do you have any scientific evidence to back up your opinions and comments?
(crickets chirping)
No more evidence than the useless scientific science fiction you spew all day.(Crickets chirping back at you)

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the nutcase who regularly quotes from WattsUp and ClimateDepot.
"Climate Depot" run by Marc Moreno - the former Inhofe staffer who was behind the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth attacks on Kerry? The one who was a producer on Rush Limbaugh's show from 92-96? He's a paid lobbyist and a hack. Can we trust him to accurately quote a thousand scientists? Can we believe that he hasn't quote mined extensively?
By the way... you RAN OFF, when I challenged you to find me that "other NASA website" including with the official logo of NASA, that said they didn't agree global warming was happening...
Remember??????????
Of course this is the official NASA view on global warming.
http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence
Just like you quote from those sources of fiction also known as skepticalscince and realscience which ironically feature no skepticism and no real science. And I found you people who work at NASA who are climate scientist and all you have is a web page approved by an administrator.

You seem to only have one site you can debunk and your main claim that the person running it has political connections. Yet want to claim that the AAAS which is nothing but a lobbist group and has more people wandering the hill than conducting science is not. Hey, if your looking for a site to debunk then maybe you should try junkscience.com .

Of course no one can win with your double standard. But the real benifit for people like me is how you rattle on with such few sources.

As for running off, I am still here if you haven't notice.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you quote from those sources of fiction also known as skepticalscince and realscience which ironically feature no skepticism and no real science.
RealScience in particular is well known as the #1 climatology website. They have the top climatolotists participating there, plus I have seen top skeptic interacting too.

Per Wikipedia:

Skeptical Science has become a well-known resource for people seeking to understand or debate climate change, and has been praised for its straightforwardness.[11] Marine biologist Ove Hoegh-Guldberg has described it as "the most prominent knowledge-based website dealing with climate change in the world",[12] and The Washington Post has praised it as the "most prominent and detailed" website to counter arguments by global warming skeptics.[13] In September 2011, the site won the 2011 Eureka Prize from the Australian Museum in the category of Advancement of Climate Change Knowledge.[14]

So no surprises the Queen of lying right wing sites would have none of this.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>

And I found you people who work at NASA who are climate scientist and all you have is a web page approved by an administrator.
If that were true, NASA wouldn't have been on record officially as supporting global warming under the Bush administration.

Caught you lying again, didn't I.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>

You seem to only have one site you can debunk and your main claim that the person running it has political connections.
No. All the websites that have NASA on them and show their official logo on the topic of global warming are strongly in favor of global warming.

Which means you told a BIG lie when you claimed recently:

TINA ANNE: The fact that you still believe in AGW after all this time really is a peek into your mind. After all, AGW stopped being a theory in 2008.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
As for running off, I am still here if you haven't notice.
You took that out of context. The running off, meant you didn't honestly respond to that.

Yes, you have now responded -- but you did it with MORE lies about it.
I challenged you to find me a site with an official NASA logo that took your position.

and all you can do is try and smoke up the room with your lies.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Saint_ wrote:
..... quit bickering about whether Global Warming is real and get real.
AGW scientists with 10-16 years more education than toxic topix AGW deniers, have the science that shows that man-unkind is undoing the climate.

It is toxic topix AGW deniers who bicker, WITHOUT any integrated peer-reviewed body of science to back up the exxon, energy, & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom politically produced Pee-R propaganda.

If Saint don't wanta oppose toxic topix, exxon, energy, & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom politically produced Pee-R propaganda pablum, then he can quit trying to be a referee who doesn't believe in science.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
AGW scientists with 10-16 years more education than toxic topix AGW deniers, have the science that shows that man-unkind is undoing the climate.
It is toxic topix AGW deniers who bicker, WITHOUT any integrated peer-reviewed body of science to back up the exxon, energy, & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom politically produced Pee-R propaganda.
If Saint don't wanta oppose toxic topix, exxon, energy, & re-pubic-lick-un boardroom politically produced Pee-R propaganda pablum, then he can quit trying to be a referee who doesn't believe in science.
suxsux

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

http://www.acclimatise.uk.com/index.php...

Executive Summary
This report provides a snapshot of recent scientific literature and new analyses of likely impacts and risks that would be asso- ciated with a 4° Celsius warming within this century. It is a rigorous attempt to outline a range of risks, focusing on developing countries and especially the poor. A 4°C world would be one of unprecedented heat waves, severe drought, and major floods in many regions, with serious impacts on ecosystems and associated services. But with action, a 4°C world can be avoided and we can likely hold warming below 2°C.
&#65532;Without further commitments and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the world is likely to warm by more than 3°C above the preindustrial climate. Even with the current mitigation commitments and pledges fully implemented, there is roughly a 20 percent likelihood of exceeding 4°C by 2100. If they are not met, a warming of 4°C could occur as early as the 2060s. Such a warming level and associated sea-level rise of 0.5 to 1 meter, or more, by 2100 would not be the end point: a further warming to levels over 6°C, with several meters of sea-level rise, would likely occur over the following centuries.
Thus, while the global community has committed itself to holding warming below 2°C to prevent “dangerous” climate change, and Small Island Developing states (SIDS) and Least Developed Countries (LDCs) have identified global warming of 1.5°C as warming above which there would be serious threats to their own development and, in some cases, survival, the sum total of current policies—in place and pledged—will very likely lead to warming far in excess of these levels. Indeed, present emission trends put the world plausibly on a path toward 4°C warming within the century.
This report is not a comprehensive scientific assessment, as will be forthcoming from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 2013–14 in its Fifth Assessment Report. It is focused on developing countries, while recognizing that developed countries are also vulnerable and at serious risk of major damages from climate change. A series of recent extreme events worldwide continue to highlight the vulnerability of not only the developing world but even wealthy industrialized countries.
Uncertainties remain in projecting the extent of both climate change and its impacts. We take a risk-based approach in which risk is defined as impact multiplied by probability: an event with low probability can still pose a high risk if it implies serious consequences.
No nation will be immune to the impacts of climate change. However, the distribution of impacts is likely to be inherently unequal and tilted against many of the world’s poorest regions, which have the least economic, institutional, scientific, and tech- nical capacity to cope and adapt. For example:
• Eventhoughabsolutewarmingwillb elargestinhighlatitudes, the warming that will occur in the tropics is larger when com- pared to the historical range of temperature and extremes to which human and natural ecosystems have adapted and coped. The projected emergence of unprecedented high-temperature extremes in the tropics will consequently lead to significantly larger impacts on agriculture and ecosystems.
• Sea-level rise is likely to be 15 to 20 percent larger in the trop- ics than the global mean.
• Increases in tropical cyclone intensity are likely to be felt disproportionately in low-latitude regions.
• Increasing aridity and drought are likely to increase substan- tially in many developing country regions located in tropical and subtropical areas.
A world in which warming reaches 4°C above preindustrial levels (hereafter referred to as a 4°C world), would be one of

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,101 - 30,120 of30,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••