Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30925 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#30605 Oct 28, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>How about you showing us the quotes?
You are merely hysterical.
How do I quote what isn't there? Find me one IPCC warning without maybes. Just one.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#30606 Oct 28, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Now pay attention: the highest gas price occurred under the Bush management
http://zfacts.com/gas-price-history-graph
See the spike in 2008. Then Bush (GOP) messed up the economy before the Obama election, the price sank, of course. See it?
At least Bush didn't issue CO2 death threats to my kids.
litesong

Everett, WA

#30607 Oct 28, 2012
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
.....so find us.......
Its very hard to find intelligence in toxic topix AGW deniers. As a consequence, they found it too hard to get math & science degrees & generally lag the scientists they demean by 10-16 years of science & mathematics.
PHD

Shreveport, LA

#30608 Oct 29, 2012
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text> At least Bush didn't issue CO2 death threats to my kids.
Well there you go again. Now prove disprove your above statement.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#30610 Oct 29, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Well there you go again. Now prove disprove your above statement.
Like Big_G it is all bluster. No meat in the bun.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30611 Oct 29, 2012
(Reuters)- The devastating U.S. drought and ensuing crop disease are upending traditional grain movement patterns, with dozens of trains and barges shipping North Dakota or Mississippi corn into the Corn Belt rather than out to the coasts.

Processors and ethanol producers in No. 2 corn state Illinois, where the average corn yield was the lowest in nearly 25 years, are "importing" millions of bushels of the grain - an unprecedented volume - from North Dakota, which produced a record crop this year, trade sources said. Northern corn is even reaching key livestock states such as Texas and Oklahoma.

Some southern states, which were also spared the worst of the most extensive drought in half a century this year, are shipping barges of corn up the Mississippi River to the interior, reversing the normal trade flow, traders say.

While atypical shipments are not unheard of in the agricultural market, traders say the scale of this year's upheaval is unprecedented. It is being fueled both by the dramatic difference between drought-hit Midwest crops and bumper harvests in fringe states, as well as the prevalence of a naturally occurring toxin, aflatoxin, that can harm livestock.

The unusual grain flow could foreshadow a scramble for quality corn supplies in the months to come as end-users work through the smallest U.S. harvest in six years. By next September, corn stocks are projected to drop to just 5.5 percent of annual demand, the bare minimum of operational requirements.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

See? We can adapt to climate change. But can your wallet?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#30612 Oct 29, 2012
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>How do I quote what isn't there? Find me one IPCC warning without maybes. Just one.
"Maybe" seemed to be enough to get some coastal areas in the US evacuated.

Rational people take notice of probabilistic warnings.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30613 Oct 29, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Like Big_G it is all bluster. No meat in the bun.
No experiments testing climate change mitigation makes the theory of man made catastrophic global warming 'all bluster'.

Your carbon emissions are all forgiven; rejoice and live. Emit now and when you die you can conserve.

"the green troll"

#30614 Oct 29, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
No experiments testing...
Says the models are right and Sandy's going to smack into New York.

That hasn't stopped people evacuating low lying areas.

Observation and prediction says the danger is great: sensible people are taking notice.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#30615 Oct 29, 2012
Sandy is weather, not climate.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#30616 Oct 29, 2012
Logic is thinking, not being a moron...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30617 Oct 29, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Logic is thinking, not being a moron...
Actually, I would say that thinking is reason, logic is just a way for morons to have erroneous opinions. Or as one wag put it, "logic is a way to go wrong with confidence". Basically logic can reach absurd conclusions from invalid premises. And you need reason to find the correct premises, or know when the ones used are faulty or being misapplied.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#30618 Oct 29, 2012
You'd be wrong...
Nonscense

Albuquerque, NM

#30619 Oct 29, 2012
Fundamentally, it looks like God is taking great offense to Romney's joke about 'the rise of Oceans'.(plus, he might really have a big problem with how the Mormons rewrote his book).
Deniers on Fox will soon be 'wailing'.........
Government will be forced to help them too....and don't expect them to turn it down.

"the green troll"

#30620 Oct 29, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Sandy is weather, not climate.
It's weather and climate.

The oceans are warmer and higher, there's more water vapour in the atmosphere.

That's climate, and we're responsible.
SpaceBlues

United States

#30621 Oct 29, 2012
Nonscense wrote:
Fundamentally, it looks like God is taking great offense to Romney's joke about 'the rise of Oceans'.(plus, he might really have a big problem with how the Mormons rewrote his book).
Deniers on Fox will soon be 'wailing'.........
Government will be forced to help them too....and don't expect them to turn it down.
WOW.

Yeah, the rise of oceans will go on for a while, perhaps weeks.

Actually, they take it while they try to kill the help for others. That's how they are.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#30622 Oct 29, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
No meat in the bum.
Say what?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#30623 Oct 29, 2012
FuGyou wrote:
It's weather and climate.
Balderdash.
FuGyou wrote:
The oceans are warmer and higher, there's more water vapour in the atmosphere.
That's climate, and we're responsible.
Are you saying that climate didn't exist before humans arrived?

Go and argue with yourself.
FuGyou wrote:
Yes, I agree- this is discussed by the IPCC, which would be a good source of information for anybody interested. They do attribute some of the 20th century warming to the sun, so it's not simply that CO2 caused warming.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

Location hidden

#30624 Oct 29, 2012
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the models are right and Sandy's going to smack into New York.
That hasn't stopped people evacuating low lying areas.
Observation and prediction says the danger is great: sensible people are taking notice.
But they are not 100% certain. They say "probable" and "likely". Since they are not sure, warnings should be ignored.

Location hidden

#30625 Oct 29, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Say what?
Forget it. I am not that kind of guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07) 5 hr Another Damn Liberal 4,675
Global Cooling (Apr '15) 5 hr Another Damn Liberal 2,075
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Mothra 62,299
2016 year to date (Apr '16) 21 hr Warm Is Better Th... 136
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Fri Squirtzzz3971 35,607
News Warning against carbon tariffs (Jul '09) Fri Geezer files 6
News 1875: The Global Warming Solution Fri Earthling-1 1
More from around the web