Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Brian_G wrote:
Can you show us a picture of a destroyed mountain? I'd like to see that.
look up mountain top removal on youtube, dumbass

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

From 49 North latitude, global warming looks SWEET!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

zephia mcguth wrote:
look up mountain top removal on youtube, dumbass
Oh, I thought you claimed to know about a mountain destroyed by man. Now, it's just part of a mountain, not actually destroyed, but moved. Big deal.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

I saw a man eat an iron donut on youtube.
zephia mcguth

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Brian_G wrote:
I saw a man eat an iron donut on youtube.
i hate your guts

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

I love you, try to focus on the argument, think instead of following the whim of your feelings.

The environmentalist movement is a propaganda campaign, not a sound policy. The call to reduce carbon dioxide emissions is based on emotion, not science.
Barry Soetoro

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

Adrian Godsafe MSc wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs lived in the Triassic, Jurassic, & Cretaceous periods in a stable climate mode (#3) since at least Mid Triassic, which was relatively warm and oceanic ambient as a result of there being a large number of gaps between continents where the oceanic surface water could flow, evening out the temperatures and contrasts preventing the typical fixed rooted monsoonal flows of mode#2 of which the current NOAA climate model gets down to a T but is relatively rare nowadays as a result of oceanic warming, and the formation of El Nino hot pools.
The current rick/rack climate of the Pleistocene by comparison is approximately 2.2 Million years old and is characterised by relatively rapid swings in climate mode as a result of the oceans being confined to basins by continents & land bridges with the formation of El Nino hot pools on both the Central American & African coasts due to continental geometry. Currently we are in an interglacial period marked by global warming and are in the transition period between the stable rapid warming regime of mode#2 to the more efficient distribution and therefore more efficient cooling regime of mode#3.
Global warming should be no surprise @ present.
Anthropogenic input does however alter the RATE of warming but will NOT alter the outcome which is another glacial period at the end of the interglacial.
NOTE ALL GLACIAL PERIODS START OFF HOT.
Have a nice day: Ag
ps.
We have recently had a solar superminimum induced period of global cooling with a cooling El Nino and are now recovering as the sun climbs into the next solar max.
Climatologists are currently rating the 1st 6 months of 2010 as the warmest on record. As a result of being in mode#2 this should be no surprise. Eventually the Earth will change mode to the more efficient cooling of mode#3 (probably within a few more months!).
pps. Give my regards to Jason. He now has to get up off his ass and make 3 more climate models to fill in the other bits of the Pleistocene climatologic record!
If your answer is no, it is an inconvenient truth, and Global whining should be no surprise @ present.
Enigma

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Heard a scientific say global warming is caused by Eris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch... :

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=s64x 3yAm410&feature=relatedatu re=related
Enigma

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Barry Soetoro wrote:
<quoted text>
If your answer is no, it is an inconvenient truth, and Global whining should be no surprise @ present.
I do intend that the people running the policies revolving around the global warming phenomenon get their facts right and act according to the correct model.

The answer is that global warming is a natural phenomenon (we are in an interglacial).
The answer is ALSO that it is a man made phenomenon which alters the rate of warming and will as a result thortern the interglacial time.

Both the above will only be valid answers until the Gulf stream shuts down completely and mode#4 which is a continental mode rather than an oceanic mode will be able to run for longer than a week.

At that stage the following will then apply...

****[currently invalid due to life in an interglacial period]****
"The answer is that global cooling is a natural phenomenon caused by the glacial period.(!)"
"The answer is that global warming via CO" emission is a man made phenomenon and will alter the rate and duration of the cooling (by making mode#4 run for a longer period of time)."
****[currently invalid due to life in an interglacial period]****

I see nothing at all wrong with global warming but I DO see a lot wrong with wasting fossil fuel resources and inefficiency of enginerering solutions. Waste not... Want not!

This last point of view is why the UK Labour party (scottish communists) & the regime of Bush/Cheney regarded me as an enemy of humanity. History has now proven that the opposite point of view (in terms of politics) is more valid!

ps.
Just for the record I happen to be a White Anglo Saxon Protestant. By & large mine was the community targeted by both sides during the war on terror with a view towards annihilation/or enslavement of those whom accept the terms offered by the (now defunct) regime.
I hope the democrats return to a secular USA government fairly soon. Attempting to run ANY country on a theocratic model created & run by an opposition party is a recipe for disaster.
For the record this applies ALSO to Al Gore's climate model which was knocked up by Jason (last name unknown) during the time of Ronald Reagan and George HW (idiot) Bush, whom has had the dubious distinction of running the USA for 3 presidential terms. That sadly os another inconvenient truth.
I actually like the USA,l but would prefwer you to remember that the WASPs actually wrote your constitution.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

The answer is that global warming is a natural phenomenon (we are in an interglacial).
We've been in an interglacial for 10,000 years.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Why are temperatures suddenly rising now?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>

Climate changes, that's how it works. Climate warms, cools or stays about the same. In fact, when climate stays about the same, it's always sudden.

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
The key to global warming is the oceanic heatsink. Oceans have an enormous heat capacity (a bath of warm water has a lot more heat then a match even though the match is hotter) Try heating up a cast iron bathtub full of cold water with a match held underneath and you will figure out what that means.

The fact that the global temperatures are currently rising is because the oceans are heating rapidy (In part because of a large amount of greenhouse gases such as CFC chemicals fissolved in the surface layers and also in part because of all the junk floating on top in the gyres.

The other reason is because the ice that formerly debouches fronm the continents are beginning to lose their influence on the polar regions as a result of their volume decrease. This does not in fact help to cool the oceans but instead kept the oceanic cold brine that kept the descending cool water currents all year round going has diminished in summer months. The result is as happened about 115,000 Bp the ocean currents have slows and the equatorial belt is stagnating.

The result is a spike in ocean equatorial temperatures signifying the closing stages of the interglacial. Add man made greenhouse gases to the mix and the end interglacial stage will merely run through its cycle faster.

Now the good news... at least for Kiribati & the maldives.

Thisa means that this time the sea level will not climb to the same level as the last close stage interglacial before the next glacial period starts. The last was 6m abovve current datum. The next glacial period is likely to begin with datum level this time well below that datum.

Place your bets time on how high it gets when the next glacial period starts. My current guess is about 2.5m, but may change when very finely tuned studies of the time period between 115,000Bp(interglacial) and 110,000Bp (glacial) are finally done and the results published with details of global vegetation patterns occurring at the time mapped out.
Then (as now), the stagnation of the ocean currents and heat spike will mark a deviation fromn the typical climate mode (mode#2) mapped out & modelled by Jason. The influence of the other climate modes will radically alter the vegetation patterns prior to the onset of the glacial period.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2010

<quoted text>
The key to global warming is the oceanic heatsink. Oceans have an enormous heat capacity (a bath of warm water has a lot more heat then a matchhe typical climate mode (mode#2) mapped out & modelled by Jason. The influence of the other climate modes will radically alter the vegetation patterns prior to the onset of the glacial period.
History now establishes that Climatologists were not saints and were just as fallible and corruptible as anyone else and climatologists and UN leaders are now perceived as being to SCIENCE, what politicians are to "promises kept" and what alter boy abusing Catholic priests are to RELIGION. You so called saints of science polluted the planet with your evil chemicals in the first place. We don't trust you. Get it? Science is just politics and and just as corrpted because nothing has ever been as bad you the "science" said it was going to be. It's all just attention seeking for money.
papa

Marshall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Mr Giblets wrote:
<quoted text>way to go, freak! you nuts have been waiting for the last judgement for 1900 years now, why don't you dress in a sheet and wait on a mountain?
Maybe you should put the "good book" you know the one in which science has uncovered the miss appropriation of some crucial info that was left out. And look too earlier civilizations like the Hohokam & Mayans?
GEJC

Sutton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

It's all in God's plan.

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

um. ahh..(pop) <yawn>

Just come out of hibernation... apparently there was a lousy winter that I just slept through...

The reason for popping up is to let you guys know that it has now been approximately one year since the climate mode changed from #3 down to #2.

Thus far there has been no change in the climate mode and as a result expect the major monsoonal flows & storm tracks to be fixed in longitude and merely travel along with the ITCZ in latitude as the seasons change.

There are differences from last year. There is no volcanic eruption in iceland this year for example.
The other difference is that since mode#2 is rather inefficient at cooling the planet, the oceans are a tad warmer now than they were (in the equator) a year ago, and all the Hot pools in the ocean basins on the W. side of the continents caused by mode#3 are now largely on the E. side.

This last observation is important in particular for the Caribbean & the USA Gulf of Mexico which was relatively cool last year.

Oh almost forgot... Thanks to Mr Lerot for teaching me how to hibernate. He did however forget to mention that you get a really lousy hangover and spend over a week smelling like the bottom of a gerbil cage. ;)

Time for lots of breakfast.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

We are just about to lose the gulf stream which is the only thing able to destabilise the mode#4 cells.
have a nice day: Ag
So how's the Gulf Stream doing, Adrian?

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>So how's the Gulf Stream doing, Adrian?
very slow at start of last winter resulting in truly lousy winter for NW. Europe.

Began to kick and travel north as a result of frost action on very large patches of clear oceanic water resulting in resumption of gulf sream warming influence January 2011.

Gulf stream currently going like freight train as is typical for March time over past Century.

Closure of Gulf stream flow permantly occurs as result of major flooding & runoff from Russian plains in summer resulting in freshwater ice lid over arctic ocean.
Hot dry summer will not shut gulf stream down. It will need to rain like hell in Steppes & southern Taiga in summer which has yet to come.

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Ronkonkoma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

<quoted text>
very slow at start of last winter resulting in truly lousy winter for NW. Europe.
Began to kick and travel north as a result of frost action on very large patches of clear oceanic water resulting in resumption of gulf sream warming influence January 2011.
Gulf stream currently going like freight train as is typical for March time over past Century.
Closure of Gulf stream flow permantly occurs as result of major flooding & runoff from Russian plains in summer resulting in freshwater ice lid over arctic ocean.
Hot dry summer will not shut gulf stream down. It will need to rain like hell in Steppes & southern Taiga in summer which has yet to come.
What effect will there be from the minor Axis shift that occurred from the Japanese earthquake?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,821 - 2,840 of2,840
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••