California sues over plan to scrap ca...

California sues over plan to scrap car emission standards

There are 35 comments on the The Republic story from May 1, 2018, titled California sues over plan to scrap car emission standards. In it, The Republic reports that:

California and 16 other states sued the Trump administration Tuesday over its plan to scrap Obama-era auto-emissions standards that would require vehicles to get significantly higher gas mileage by 2025. At issue is a move by Environmental Protection Agency administrator Scott Pruitt to roll back 2012 rules aimed at curbing greenhouse gas emissions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Republic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Birdzilla

Etna, CA

#23 May 3, 2018
Moonbeam is too busy turning California into a 3rd World Nation to appease his fellow democrats he belongs in jail with Obama<the Clintons and Al Gore and the mayors and city councils of all Sanctuary cities
See The Light

United States

#24 May 3, 2018
Birdzilla wrote:
Moonbeam is too busy turning California into a 3rd World Nation to appease his fellow democrats he belongs in jail with Obama<the Clintons and Al Gore and the mayors and city councils of all Sanctuary cities
I agree...Moonbean is a agitator..Instead of working on fixing a broken system. He continues to add to the problem...It's time the people of The United States to find a solution....

Since: Aug 15

Seattle, WA

#25 May 3, 2018
Birdzilla wrote:
I don't know why he gets voted into office.

I hear he recently tried to cut some trees down in Palm Springs because they were 'gay'.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#26 May 3, 2018
Into The Night wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not possible to slow or trap heat.
<quoted text>
Absorption is not warming, not even when that absorption results in conversion to thermal energy.
<quoted text>

The 2nd law of thermodynamics states that entropy can never decrease in any system. It always increases or stays the same in any system. This gives heat a direction. Heat always flows from hot to cold. You cannot use a colder gas to heat a warmer surface.

You can't do it by radiance, you can't do it by convection, you can't do it by conduction.

You can't do it. You might as well try to make hot coffee with an ice cube.

Further, the Stefan-Boltzmann law states that radiance from a surface is proportional to its temperature. The hotter the surface, the greater the radiance.'Trapping heat' is an attempt to reduce radiance and use that to increase temperature, in violation of the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

Most of the energy from the Sun is infrared. That's what causes the oceans and land to warm in the first place.

The land heats the air by conduction and by radiance.

Most radiance from the Earth comes from the surface itself.
That cabbage between your ears giving you problems, eh moron?
Kilroy

Miami, FL

#27 May 3, 2018
Bravo Spocko

He is good at spinning the truth. He uses the same arguments for the greenhouse effect but says that they don't happen

ie - impossible to trap or slow heat

when that is how greenhouses works and thus the name for the greenhouse effect.

He then continues with an elaborate story to prove a falsehood.

Seattle, WA

#28 May 3, 2018
Kilroy wrote:
Bravo Spocko

He is good at spinning the truth. He uses the same arguments for the greenhouse effect but says that they don't happen

ie - impossible to trap or slow heat

when that is how greenhouses works and thus the name for the greenhouse effect.

He then continues with an elaborate story to prove a falsehood.
Greenhouses work by reducing heat, not trapping it. You cannot slow or trap heat.
The laws of physics are not a falsehood.
Kilroy

Miami, FL

#29 May 3, 2018
Into The Night wrote:
<quoted text>

Greenhouses work by reducing heat, not trapping it. You cannot slow or trap heat.
The laws of physics are not a falsehood.
Look up the meaning of greenhouse. It specifically uses trap. The reason people grow plants in greenhouse is because it traps heat not reduce heat. If you believe outerwise your are welcome to believe what you want. Unfortunatly the rest of us will go with common sense.

Specifically state your law of physics. They do have names.

Just because you say one sentence and then say a second sentence which implies that the two sentences are related is childhood logic.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#30 May 4, 2018
Birdzilla wrote:
Really? You think that is why CA is most prosperous state in the nation and one of the largest economies on the planet. CA's economy is twice that of TX!
You brain-dead wingers can't stand it can you ...
See The Light

United States

#31 May 4, 2018
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>

Really? You think that is why CA is most prosperous state in the nation and one of the largest economies on the planet. CA's economy is twice that of TX!
You brain-dead wingers can't stand it can you ...
Ca is in poverty save the bs...

Seattle, WA

#33 May 4, 2018
Kilroy wrote:
Look up the meaning of greenhouse. It specifically uses trap.
Kilroy wrote:
The reason people grow plants in greenhouse is because it traps heat not reduce heat.
WRONG. Greenhouses work because they reduce heat.
Kilroy wrote:
If you believe outerwise your are welcome to believe what you want. Unfortunatly the rest of us will go with common sense.
I think your problem is that you don't know what 'heat' is.
Kilroy wrote:
The 2nd law of thermodynamics. The 1st law of thermodynamics. The Stefan-Boltzmann law. The conservation of energy law.
Kilroy wrote:
Just because you say one sentence and then say a second sentence which implies that the two sentences are related is childhood logic.
Contextomy and inversion fallacies.
Kilroy

Miami, FL

#35 May 4, 2018
Into The Night wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The 2nd law of thermodynamics. The 1st law of thermodynamics. The Stefan-Boltzmann law. The conservation of energy law.
<quoted text>
Contextomy and inversion fallacies.
Kilroy wrote:

Don't know how to look the meaning of greenhouse up

Kilroy wrote:
The reason people grow plants in greenhouse is because it traps heat not reduce heat.

Wow so when people use greenhouse in winter it must work really well when it starts to reduce the heat.
I guess you never grow things

Kilroy wrote:
If you believe outerwise your are welcome to believe what you want. Unfortunatly the rest of us will go with common sense.

I think your problem is that you can't accept what heat is.

Kilroy wrote:

I don't think that any of them says its not possible to trap or slow heat

Kilroy wrote:

You seem to like to use big words

I guess you can spell big words but you still have to know what they mean

Seattle, WA

#36 May 4, 2018
Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Don't know how to look the meaning of greenhouse up
Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Wow so when people use greenhouse in winter it must work really well when it starts to reduce the heat.
I guess you never grow things
Greenhouses become warm because they reduce heat.
Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

I think your problem is that you can't accept what heat is.
Heat is the movement of thermal energy from one place to another.
Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

They all do.
Kilroy

Miami, FL

#37 May 4, 2018
Into The Night wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Greenhouses become warm because they reduce heat.
<quoted text>
Heat is the movement of thermal energy from one place to another.
<quoted text>
They all do.
Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

They all do.

Then provide a online reference which specifically states that is not possible to trap or slow heat and post it online for all to see.

assuming you know how to look things up online

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#38 May 5, 2018
APRIL UNEMPLOYMENT 3.9%...

Black, Hispanic rates hit record lows...

Seattle, WA

#39 May 5, 2018
Kilroy wrote:
<quoted text>

Kilroy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

They all do.

Then provide a online reference which specifically states that is not possible to trap or slow heat and post it online for all to see.

assuming you know how to look things up online
Look up the meaning of 'heat', as used in physics and chemistry.

Heat is the movement of thermal from one place to another.

Greenhouses reduce heat. In other words, they reduce the convective heating of the outside atmosphere by the inside atmosphere of the greenhouse.

Blankets also reduce heat. So do winter coats. That's what keeps you warm.

Heat is not the thermal energy itself. It is the movement of thermal energy.

You can't 'slow' the movement of thermal energy. You can't 'trap' the movement of thermal energy. If thermal energy is not moving to somewhere else, there is no heat.

A container made of an ideally perfect insulator would mean there is no heat. Nothing gets in, nothing gets out.

All the laws of physics I have just stated use heat in this way. This is the meaning of 'heat' in physics and chemistry (and in meteorology).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Global Warming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr hojo 41,856
News White House will override Obama's climate plan (Oct '17) 1 hr Into The Night 6,507
News Big Oil spent 1 percent on green energy in 2018 15 hr Solarman 1
News Global warming a hoax (Feb '11) 22 hr C Kersey 6
The Pseudoscience of Global Warming (Mar '18) 22 hr hojo 444
Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07) Sun Patriot AKA Bozo 5,729
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun Billsfartpreference 65,073