Has Earth Climate Warming Trend Stopped?

Dec 26, 2007 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.futurepundit.com

With only few days remaining in 2007, the indications are the global temperature for this year is the same as that for 2006 - there has been no warming over the 12 months.

Comments
1 - 20 of 348 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2008
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
e-mom

Pleasant Prairie, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 26, 2007
 
no warming what to do. is this the start of global
cooling? poor al gore!
YOUBELIEVEANYTHI NG

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 26, 2007
 
I don't believe it, brother al says we are doomed. Doomed I tell you doomed!
Norm De Plume

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 26, 2007
 
Intereseting (except for the lame Al Gore comments) although the comments embedded in the story are conflicting. I guess you can fudge data and sort facts in a number of ways to make your point the salient one.
And how does all this mesh with these findings from August: http://www.internationalreporter.com/news/rea...
Dutch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 26, 2007
 
Further proof that our influence on our climate is highly overrated. Not that man made pollution isn't a problem that shouldn't be addressed.
The fact is, that natural disasters (volcanic activity and major fires etc.) and solar "burbs" have always had a greater effect than anything we've been able to generate sofar.
History of our earth shows that warming and cooling trends have been regular cycles in our past and undoubtly will continue in the future. Whether we'll ever have some control to minimize the effects will remain to be seen. We haven't been able to do a damn thing yet to control hurricanes and tornadoes, although we've had a pretty good understanding what causes them, for years now.
To assume that we'll get a handle on controlling the earth's climate seems overly optimistic.
pterodactyl

San Angelo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 26, 2007
 
Dutch, I love you! I hear Mars, Mercury, and Pluto are warmer than they were,- man didn't cause that. Then I read of numerous plumes of 400 degree (F) water along the mid-ocean ridges and I wonder how many more are warming the ocean. If the areas producing those plumes are expanding, then sea floor rises, and guess what - so does sea level. At least Al now practices what he preaches.(new geothermal and solar for his home)

“Try it, you'll like it”

Since: Dec 07

NoVa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 26, 2007
 
So, the Sun's output is at a level lower than we previously measured and the Earth's temp hasn't dropped, and gorebashers, don't see anything wrong with that? If you have a fever and we increase the germ level and drop you in an ice bath, if the fever doesn't go down, do you claim that it isn't the problem? Faulty logic people, or did you just tune out when they said that the temp hadn't raised even though CO2 levels were up?

And there is a huge difference between influencing hurricanes and controlling them.
michael moore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 26, 2007
 
Hi, everyone, Michael Moore here, that's right folks! Everyone's most favorite adorable fatty to ever grace your screens since Jabba on Return of the jedi! Yeah that's me! I just wanted to let you know that you can all thank me for the global cooling trend! Why, you ask? Simple, you see, for I discovered gas-x a year ago, and since then, I have yet to fart after eating burrito's from Taco bell, or a big mac from McDonald's! So you see, it was my stinky flatulence that caused our global warming trend of the Last Decade! Oops! My Bad! So I have come here to apologize to each and everyone of you, and I'd like to give a special OOPS! MY BAD, to Al Gore! Sir, I had no idea that my gassiness would cause such a scare within you sir! Not until I watched your movie, "An Inconvenient Truth!" Well, sir, the really "Inconvenient Truth," is sir, that I suffer from bloating and constipation, hence my anus' response by releasing noxious and toxic greenhouse gasses! But you see sir, now that I am taking Gas-X, now I shall contribute to Global cooling, because no more stinky greenhouse gasses leaking out of this fat boy's buttocks! Well, that's my apology to the world, and as my favorite American Icon you all know as Porky pig says, " ah-badee, ah-badee, that's all folks!" Ciou everybody, I'm on my way to the Colonel's house to gorge myself on a couple or three KFC Family buckets O'chicken! with three or four family sized tubs of gravy as sides of course! ciou, and I hate you all because I hate everything! Don't believe me? Just watch any of my video's to see just how spiteful I can be over the most insignifcnat and tiny thing! "Mwah! Hugs and Kisses to you all!"

And now a note from Michael Moore's Publicist-(Want a chance to meet Michael Moore? Announcing the "Meet Michael Moore" contest, brought to you exclusively from Gas-X! And McDonald's! And Taco Bell! And KFC! and.... every fast food joint in America, but not brought to you by The Oprah Winfrey Show, Weight Watcher's, Nutri-system, or Jenny Craig! every one's a winner! chances of meeting Michael moore ranges from a 1:1 ratio, meaning that you only have to walk into a local fast food restaraunt of your choice and you are gauranteed to be a winner! Any time, any day, whether it's opening or closing, Michael Moore will be there! All winners subject to local and state taxes, no relitives will be eligible for contest as they all have disowned Michael Moore and he says fooey on you, Mom and Dad! Read all rules and regulations in your area for further contest information. Michael Jackson is more than welcome to play the contest, as Michael Moore has been well known for consuming small boys as long as they are slathered in Barbecue sauce...Or Ranch... or Honey Mustard... Or even just good old American Ketchup!)
lymph_nodez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 26, 2007
 
pterodactyl wrote:
Dutch, I love you! I hear Mars, Mercury, and Pluto are warmer than they were,- man didn't cause that. Then I read of numerous plumes of 400 degree (F) water along the mid-ocean ridges and I wonder how many more are warming the ocean. If the areas producing those plumes are expanding, then sea floor rises, and guess what - so does sea level. At least Al now practices what he preaches.(new geothermal and solar for his home)
I like your reasoning:
Mars, Mercury and Pluto are warmer than they were.
Man didn't cause warming on these planets.
Therefore, man didn't cause global warming on Earth.
Now that makes a lot of sense. Pterodactyl, did you flunk Logic class in school?
xode

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 26, 2007
 
From Dutch:
"Not that man made pollution isn't a problem that shouldn't be addressed."
Unfortunately the problem with all of the comments that I have seen that attempt to deny the existence of global warming is that all of those comments attempt to cop some excuse as to why man made pollution "isn't a problem" and why man made pollution "shouldn't be addressed."
Daniel

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 26, 2007
 
Global Warming no longer exist? This is Terrible News! What are the environmental extremist going to Chew on Now? Their Big Club for attacking Mankind has been removed. Do you think that they might feel a little Foolish in promoting their Pumped up scenario of World Disaster from Global Warming? I don't think so......Lying Fools rarely feel Foolish nor Shame.
Mr Eazee

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 26, 2007
 
The article shows the difficulty in making measurements on 'world temperatures'. The total inputs are hard to quantify and which ones raise temps and which lower them. One-shot solutions like ethanol could hurt the poor more than help.
Margo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 26, 2007
 
lymph_nodez wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your reasoning:
Mars, Mercury and Pluto are warmer than they were.
Man didn't cause warming on these planets.
Therefore, man didn't cause global warming on Earth.
Now that makes a lot of sense. Pterodactyl, did you flunk Logic class in school?
I didn't even take Logic however it does seem to me if warming trends are detectable on non-occupied planets then some non-human agency must be causing such warming QED. This being granted there is nothing fallacious about wondering if that same mechanism might just be responsible for warming her on good old Mother Earth.
An inconvenient truth indeed.
YOUBELIEVEANYTHI NG

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 26, 2007
 
xode wrote:
From Dutch:
"Not that man made pollution isn't a problem that shouldn't be addressed."
Unfortunately the problem with all of the comments that I have seen that attempt to deny the existence of global warming is that all of those comments attempt to cop some excuse as to why man made pollution "isn't a problem" and why man made pollution "shouldn't be addressed."
CO2 isn't pollution.
YOUBELIEVEANYTHI NG

Portsmouth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 26, 2007
 
Mr Eazee wrote:
The article shows the difficulty in making measurements on 'world temperatures'. The total inputs are hard to quantify and which ones raise temps and which lower them. One-shot solutions like ethanol could hurt the poor more than help.
wait til you see what a can o corn will cost in the next couple o years!
john from new jersey

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 26, 2007
 
has anyone thought that thermonuclear testing back in the mid
century might have something to do with the climate change today .
Petey

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 26, 2007
 
lymph_nodez wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your reasoning:
Mars, Mercury and Pluto are warmer than they were.
Man didn't cause warming on these planets.
Therefore, man didn't cause global warming on Earth.
Now that makes a lot of sense. Pterodactyl, did you flunk Logic class in school?
Here's some logic for you. I've tried an experiment several times, with the same result every time. I look at the 7 day forecast, taking note of the 7th day out. The prediction wil be for the high temp. the low temp. & precip. In the 7 days that follow the forecast will change a minimum of 7 times. At the end of that day, the actual readings will seldom if ever match the last forecasted. Seems to me that even an inkling of common sense would lead one to determine that none of these forecast mean diddly,no matter what is predicted.
Daniel

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 26, 2007
 
I've really enjoyed everyone's satire -- very creative and funny! Thanks for the entertainment. By the way, the artcle was posted on December 25th -- what a nice Christmas present!

On a serious note, solar cycle 23 topped out in 2000, yet continued to hammer the earth with x and y class flares into 2005. The solar activity will bottom at the end of 2008, then begin a new increase of sun spot activity. Temperature trends lag, and expect the earth to stabilize in temp and possibly show some cooling through 2009 to 2012. As predictions go you may vist the NOAA solar page and look at their projections for solar cycle 24 which will begin in the end of 2008.

Back to the political satire. Yes! What will radical environmentalists beat us up with next? Perhaps some of you creative folks out there can come up with some ideas. One item that has always fascinated me is the amount of CO2 that termites release from their digestive activity, also add the respiration of fungous species. Both put together have the Chinese beat hands down.
Global Stupidity

Monte Rio, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 26, 2007
 
In the 60's we were heading into the next ice age. So, they decreased sun block for you tanners. Now we are into global warming. Should I increase my sun block from 10 to 25? What next? More stupidity......I think God is in charge, whether you believe it or not.......not man!!!
Disgusted

Utica, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 26, 2007
 
You have no idea how proud I am to be an American citizen when people are able to use their OWN minds to evaluate the evidence (or lack thereof, in this case) of "global warming." It appears that Al Gore will actually have to start working for a living after all... you know, like the rest of us! Of course, being that he invented global warming and the Internet, we can only be assured that he'll concoct something new for us taxpayers to pay for - further subsidizing the life he has become accustomed to.

Gee, and all this time the world has been led to believe Al(f) has been trying to "help" us!?!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!!!
Tired of Politics

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 26, 2007
 
Seems most of this Global Warming is Politically based. It is hard to find consistent definitive Scientific Data to support it. But if it is true, it seems that everyone is avoiding the Root Cause and that is Over Population. This relates to the Energy Crisis, Traffic Congestion, Crime and soon a Food Shortage. In the end it will require a reduction in the Standard of Living, which is already underway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••