President Bush Comments On Crime In J...

President Bush Comments On Crime In Jacksonville

There are 77 comments on the WJXT story from May 11, 2006, titled President Bush Comments On Crime In Jacksonville. In it, WJXT reports that:

President George W. Bush told reporters Wednesday he was aware of Jacksonville's crime problem and offered the federal government's help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJXT.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Uncle Sam

Wichita, KS

#72 Nov 7, 2008
I will volunteer for a black water strike force and provide a couple of industrial wood chippers to manufacture fish food out in the Atlantic. The thugs need to disappear asap.
Travis Foltz

United States

#73 Nov 7, 2008
Kindasad wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you stay away from blacks?
Execute them all, simple solution.
p rainwater

Bradenton, FL

#74 Nov 8, 2008
crime and killings are not important to obamie.

he has never said a word about crime or the climbimg murder rate in america.

it's the economy.........as long as you have a couple of government dollars in your pocket it ok to get murdered.
The Truth

Jacksonville, FL

#75 Nov 26, 2008
Jay wrote:
I moved to Jacksonville from Miami last year 2005.Big mistake. The crime here is herendous. The black communities is over run with thugs. I mean mindless young people. The kind that is totally blind in there ways. They walk around looking for people people to rob and kill. Since January 2006 there has been 95 murders in Jacksonville. Mostly black on black.I live on the west side which is scary but the north side is down right treacherous with a large portion of the 95 murders occuring there. The scary thing about Jacksonville is blacks are everywhere and the element is spread out all over.These guys are so angry at the world they really are shoot first ask questions later type thugs. If they get the up on you its over. They are vicous.And the sad part of it all is the police. They are not aggressive at all. They rarely come when you call them. Only if you say someone is dead. I have called them numerous times concerning guys walking through my apartmentment complex shooting guns. They won't even show up. I'm serious, they don't come.(rednecks) You know Jacksonville is a red neck city.They really don't care if blacks kill themselves. I feel like a hostage in my apartment. The city is under siege.People are really afraid they will be robbed and killed. It is sad. I spend my weekends across the boader in Georgia. Its like day and night. I feel much safer.I will soon move to Georgia. I am never coming back to live in Jacksonville. Its really sad. really.The largest city in the world land wise but death is only a robbery away. Its hurts me to my heart, but its real.
Yes, the crime rate is high in Jacksonville. I also live on the west side and I am not trapped in my environment in fact its great. Its your location before you move anywhere do your research. If your moving to an apartment complex you can go to a police station or substation and they can give you information on how many times they are called out to a specific area. It might cost you a little money but its well worth it. I believe it even tells you the type of calls. Ask residents that already live in the area even people who work in or own nearby stores. Every side of town has its pleasant spots you just have to know where to move. I have resided in Jacksonville for many years and I know people who live in different parts of town from the west side, north side, south side and the east side but again its where you move to.

NEXT TIME DO YOUR RESEARCH AND MAYBE YOU CAN PREVENT THESE THINGS FROM HAPPENING!!!!
Some dude

Jacksonville, FL

#76 Nov 29, 2008
jag fan wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been the most Ignorant post I have ever seen. Take world history class or a U.S. history class for that matter and tell me if you still would stand by that ridiculous statement you made.
But it was blacks fault that they got sold to the U.S.? African are stilling selling slaves to people noting has really got better over there...
marita indans

UK

#77 Dec 24, 2008
My comment is about a vulgar Iraqi journalist who expressed his contempt for President Bush a few days ago.

What can anyone expect from the Iraqi people, when all their resentful journalists can do is hurl footwear at important men who are just trying to make the world a safer place in which to live. You only have to witness the sad and barbaric treatment of the poor young girl by way of the video link at end of this comment, to understand how violent and cruel the Iraqi people are. Religion is the evil force surrounding the conditions under which this poor, innocent girl was murdered at the hands of savages in an uncivilised society. Like so many countries in the Middle East, they are not as culturally advanced as we are in the U.K., U.S.A. or Europe, and probably never will be if their religious disputes continue to dominate and ruin their lives.

President Bush is a wonderful man who did everything he could to protect the U.S.A and other countries from rogue regimes. It would be a marvellous idea for all Government officials and those in prominent positions of power to use portable, transparent, bulletproof shields in the future, to avoid any potential problems - surely someone could invent portable screens to offer them the security they need.

If in the future I choose to air my Atheist views at seminars in the Middle East, I wouldnít hesitate to use bulletproof screens and bulletproof vehicles to protect myself from a world full of dangerous and deluded religious bigots.

Isnít it about time the United Kingdom got to grips with the task of controlling malicious immigrants who try to disrupt the lives of others by not fitting in to our society. Why should we adapt to the ways of people who once lived under some of the most savage regimes in history, when they should learn to adapt and obey our rules and regulations, just as we do when we visit their countries.

Itís outrageous how barbaric regimes treat visitors from the U.K., so perhaps those brutes should conform to our respectable, high standards when they immigrate to the U.K. Itís so unfair that they try to force British citizens to accept their beliefs, laws and religious views. Itís high time they stopped persecuting us for being a civilised and liberal nation.

Not only are we in the U.K. expected to accept the religious views of others no matter how inhumane or cruel certain aspects of their religion are, but taxpayers are also expected to foot the bill for much of their palatial housing on benefits. Accommodation which should be downgraded to buildings which are more economical to run at a more affordable rate by local councils.

Those repulsive brutes should pursue their complaints through the correct diplomatic channels and keep their filthy footwear to themselves.

Warning! You may find the following video distressing to watch:
http://ballyblog.wordpress.com/2007/05/04/ira...
Girl

West Chester, OH

#78 Feb 2, 2009
I agree, Katrina is not the cause for such high crime rates. They've been high since I was a kid, and I'm only 24, but I still been here long before Katrina. I live in a hispanic community and I'm european. I may have to move soon because no one wants to live in the community and I can't afford rent on my own. My idea has been, if it's good enough for the kids (7-10 ages)that live accross from me, I'd like to shed more light on the place, but like I said, I may not have a choice soon if I can't find someone else with the same opinion. I really hope Jacksonville gets better one day, but there are a lot of things to love about it.
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>James, I've been here 3 times that long and you're wrong! Katrina has nothing to do with this! It is simply,the spirit of rebellion against what is right! Who do you blame for katrina? God, Bush or the devil? Look at the wickedness of that city, New orleans! Since you can add, can you read? How about,"SODOM and Gomorrah?? Who destroyed those cities?
Girl

West Chester, OH

#79 Feb 2, 2009
You can't say the cops don't do anything just because they're white ...there are just as many black cops. Though I do agree, finding good help from the law enforcement is hard, but its hard to blame them when they're so overloaded, I think people should be given more freedom to take matters into their own hands but without some serious reconstruction and focused effort on the part of all, its not going to get any better, at least not for a really long time.
Jay wrote:
I moved to Jacksonville from Miami last year 2005.Big mistake. The crime here is herendous. The black communities is over run with thugs. I mean mindless young people. The kind that is totally blind in there ways. They walk around looking for people people to rob and kill. Since January 2006 there has been 95 murders in Jacksonville. Mostly black on black.I live on the west side which is scary but the north side is down right treacherous with a large portion of the 95 murders occuring there. The scary thing about Jacksonville is blacks are everywhere and the element is spread out all over.These guys are so angry at the world they really are shoot first ask questions later type thugs. If they get the up on you its over. They are vicous.And the sad part of it all is the police. They are not aggressive at all. They rarely come when you call them. Only if you say someone is dead. I have called them numerous times concerning guys walking through my apartmentment complex shooting guns. They won't even show up. I'm serious, they don't come.(rednecks) You know Jacksonville is a red neck city.They really don't care if blacks kill themselves. I feel like a hostage in my apartment. The city is under siege.People are really afraid they will be robbed and killed. It is sad. I spend my weekends across the boader in Georgia. Its like day and night. I feel much safer.I will soon move to Georgia. I am never coming back to live in Jacksonville. Its really sad. really.The largest city in the world land wise but death is only a robbery away. Its hurts me to my heart, but its real.
Blackrob25

Jacksonville, FL

#80 Mar 3, 2009
I know that the job offer might be a good one but let me tell you living in Jacksonville has been hell for me. I to am an honest working man with a family. My house has been burgularized twice. It is getting so bad here that insurance companies are getting to the point where they really make it hard for you to get a claim. Prices on homeowners insurance are getting higher due to crime reasons. I have an alarm system and they still get in an take valuable things out before the police will arrive. If you decide to move here you probably won't get to enjoy the things you worked hard to buy because someone else will steal and enjoy it for you. Sorry to say but its true.
Carver wrote:
OK folks, what's up here? I'm considering a relocation from NYC metro to Jacksonville for a much needed new job. While the official web sites make Jacksonville read like Paradise, the crime stats and what I'm reading here is QUITE different.
The job in question is a damn good one with potential to be great, and the NY market sucks right now, but if Jax is as bad as you all make it sound...
blackman

Woodstock, GA

#81 Mar 12, 2009
stay away from me, cuz i will kill u too
yours truly,
jax thug
barbee

Orange Park, FL

#82 Mar 24, 2009
JAMES wrote:
it all started when katrina hit new orleans. Its bad here and Huston, tx has gotten bad too. How do you fix it? public lynching? education? bring in the national guard? what is the answer? You dont see jessie jackson or al sharpton down here because it is mostly black on black crimes and killings. They cant bring attention to that. But, a white cop shoots a black criminal then then they will have there stupid racist mouth just aflapping.
I happen to agree with you, my husband says the same thing and do know he is a television watcher!
fedup

Jacksonville, FL

#83 Mar 24, 2009
go to the library
Grove2010

United States

#84 Jan 17, 2010
Avoid roadside produce stands, fried food restraunts, convenience stores, liquor stores, Cadillac dealerships, shoe stores, athletic warehouses, name brand clothing stores, car audio shops and trailerparks. Or you and your freinds could wear ghost costumes year round but that's a differnt story.
Grove2010

United States

#85 Jan 17, 2010
Kindasad wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you stay away from blacks?
Avoid roadside produce stands, fried food restraunts, convenience stores, liquor stores, Cadillac dealerships, shoe stores, athletic warehouses, name brand clothing stores, car audio shops and trailerparks. Or you and your freinds could wear ghost costumes year round but that's a differnt story.
YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS

New Orleans, LA

#86 May 14, 2011
Long live New Orleans, the greatest city in this country.
skizzy

Jacksonville, FL

#88 Sep 27, 2011
jag fan wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been the most Ignorant post I have ever seen. Take world history class or a U.S. history class for that matter and tell me if you still would stand by that ridiculous statement you made.
Hahahaha you are so right. That was very ignorant
williams

Jersey City, NJ

#89 Aug 15, 2012
Carver wrote:
OK folks, what's up here? I'm considering a relocation from NYC metro to Jacksonville for a much needed new job. While the official web sites make Jacksonville read like Paradise, the crime stats and what I'm reading here is QUITE different.
The job in question is a damn good one with potential to be great, and the NY market sucks right now, but if Jax is as bad as you all make it sound...
jacksonville is my home I've been there since 92 and I love it . Far as blacks go . Ppl are ppl every were . Crime and ignorance has no color . Its the days we live in and the morals we are teaching our children today . And even then its not our fault.. bc the govorment does not allow or have. A system in plc were we can be home with our families anymore were to busy paying bills. Bc of inflation .. we just have to prepare and govern our self. We as humans have to pray and have faith and get back to our old roots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could Jeff Sessions be moved to the Department ... 4 hr southern at heart 419
News 'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 12 hr crusty 276,629
News Married couple ends up serving on same jury Aug 12 Bovenzi13 5
News Trump approval rating: So low it's got to go up... Aug 10 fingers mcgurke 7
News Clarification: Trump-Flight Restrictions story Aug 10 L I G E R 3
News US officially tells UN it wants out of Paris cl... Aug 10 Red Crosse 215
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
More from around the web