President Bush Comments On Crime In J...

President Bush Comments On Crime In Jacksonville

There are 77 comments on the WJXT story from May 11, 2006, titled President Bush Comments On Crime In Jacksonville. In it, WJXT reports that:

President George W. Bush told reporters Wednesday he was aware of Jacksonville's crime problem and offered the federal government's help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJXT.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
larry hill

Jacksonville, FL

#1 May 12, 2006
city of jax police dept. is not there jobs as office of the law .Save the peole of jax,black and white before we all are Dead .Were the Law.
Jay

United States

#2 Aug 4, 2006
I moved to Jacksonville from Miami last year 2005.Big mistake. The crime here is herendous. The black communities is over run with thugs. I mean mindless young people. The kind that is totally blind in there ways. They walk around looking for people people to rob and kill. Since January 2006 there has been 95 murders in Jacksonville. Mostly black on black.I live on the west side which is scary but the north side is down right treacherous with a large portion of the 95 murders occuring there. The scary thing about Jacksonville is blacks are everywhere and the element is spread out all over.These guys are so angry at the world they really are shoot first ask questions later type thugs. If they get the up on you its over. They are vicous.And the sad part of it all is the police. They are not aggressive at all. They rarely come when you call them. Only if you say someone is dead. I have called them numerous times concerning guys walking through my apartmentment complex shooting guns. They won't even show up. I'm serious, they don't come.(rednecks) You know Jacksonville is a red neck city.They really don't care if blacks kill themselves. I feel like a hostage in my apartment. The city is under siege.People are really afraid they will be robbed and killed. It is sad. I spend my weekends across the boader in Georgia. Its like day and night. I feel much safer.I will soon move to Georgia. I am never coming back to live in Jacksonville. Its really sad. really.The largest city in the world land wise but death is only a robbery away. Its hurts me to my heart, but its real.
Carl

Rockville, MD

#3 Jan 13, 2007
Move to a better neighborhood! Or move somewhere else entirely. Why would you stay in any place you feel imprisoned? The only other option is to stay and fight to make it a better place.
Jay wrote:
I moved to Jacksonville from Miami last year 2005.Big mistake. The crime here is herendous. The black communities is over run with thugs. I mean mindless young people. The kind that is totally blind in there ways. They walk around looking for people people to rob and kill. Since January 2006 there has been 95 murders in Jacksonville. Mostly black on black.I live on the west side which is scary but the north side is down right treacherous with a large portion of the 95 murders occuring there. The scary thing about Jacksonville is blacks are everywhere and the element is spread out all over.These guys are so angry at the world they really are shoot first ask questions later type thugs. If they get the up on you its over. They are vicous.And the sad part of it all is the police. They are not aggressive at all. They rarely come when you call them. Only if you say someone is dead. I have called them numerous times concerning guys walking through my apartmentment complex shooting guns. They won't even show up. I'm serious, they don't come.(rednecks) You know Jacksonville is a red neck city.They really don't care if blacks kill themselves. I feel like a hostage in my apartment. The city is under siege.People are really afraid they will be robbed and killed. It is sad. I spend my weekends across the boader in Georgia. Its like day and night. I feel much safer.I will soon move to Georgia. I am never coming back to live in Jacksonville. Its really sad. really.The largest city in the world land wise but death is only a robbery away. Its hurts me to my heart, but its real.
Roddy

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2007
LOL...it's true..everyone on the west side is nucking futs. I HATE this place!!!!!!!!!!
JAMES

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Apr 21, 2007
it all started when katrina hit new orleans. Its bad here and Huston, tx has gotten bad too. How do you fix it? public lynching? education? bring in the national guard? what is the answer? You dont see jessie jackson or al sharpton down here because it is mostly black on black crimes and killings. They cant bring attention to that. But, a white cop shoots a black criminal then then they will have there stupid racist mouth just aflapping.
BIG JAY

Orange Park, FL

#6 May 14, 2007
JAMES wrote:
it all started when katrina hit new orleans. Its bad here and Huston, tx has gotten bad too. How do you fix it? public lynching? education? bring in the national guard? what is the answer? You dont see jessie jackson or al sharpton down here because it is mostly black on black crimes and killings. They cant bring attention to that. But, a white cop shoots a black criminal then then they will have there stupid racist mouth just aflapping.
I TOTALLY AGREE I LIVE IN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA, AND I SEE IT EVERYDAY WHEN BLACK PEOPLE KILL EACHOTHER, AND ,BEAT OR KILL WHITES AND NOTHING GETS REPORTED BEYOND THAT BUT IF IT WERE A WHITE PERSON COMMITTING THE SAME CRIME IT WOULD BE NATIONAL NEWS.......WHAT IS THE DEAL......IT IS ALL CRIME ISNT IT?????
Doc

Jacksonville, FL

#7 May 16, 2007
Amen james and big jay, and o-me the sharpton's and jackson's of this land! If you cared about yo peoplez, you wood hat done somin by nigh!! But, you only want the t.v. time! What a pair of pathetic,sickening hipocrites! They will be in a special place in hell,unless they repent, for peolple who claim to represent GOD!!!

lady

Orange Park, FL

#8 May 18, 2007
JAMES wrote:
What stats do you have to prove that "it all started when katrina hit new orleans"??
JAMES

Jacksonville, FL

#9 May 19, 2007
I Have been here since 1992 and the murder rate was never this high until last year. katrina hit in late 2005 and stats rose from there. My stat is 2 plus 2 equals 4. Huston is also having a problem with crime since then.
Doc

Jacksonville, FL

#10 May 19, 2007
JAMES wrote:
I Have been here since 1992 and the murder rate was never this high until last year. katrina hit in late 2005 and stats rose from there. My stat is 2 plus 2 equals 4. Huston is also having a problem with crime since then.
James, I've been here 3 times that long and you're wrong! Katrina has nothing to do with this! It is simply,the spirit of rebellion against what is right! Who do you blame for katrina? God, Bush or the devil? Look at the wickedness of that city, New orleans! Since you can add, can you read? How about,"SODOM and Gomorrah?? Who destroyed those cities?
JAMES

Jacksonville, FL

#11 May 19, 2007
ha well i dont believe in god so i dont believe in the devil either, i voted for bush (i know kinda crazy being an athiest). however either they did not have stats prior to 2006 or thats when it got out of control. since huston has had an increase also then ..........
yankee stuck in hell

Jacksonville, FL

#12 May 21, 2007
Jacksonville just sucks I moved down here from Boston I FEEL that Jacksonville does not have the some of the things that make Boston enjoyable to go into the city.
Carver

Sea Cliff, NY

#13 May 29, 2007
OK folks, what's up here? I'm considering a relocation from NYC metro to Jacksonville for a much needed new job. While the official web sites make Jacksonville read like Paradise, the crime stats and what I'm reading here is QUITE different.

The job in question is a damn good one with potential to be great, and the NY market sucks right now, but if Jax is as bad as you all make it sound...
JAMES

Jacksonville, FL

#14 May 30, 2007
Just stay away from any part of the north side of jax and its fine

Since: May 07

Johnson City, TN

#15 May 30, 2007
Carver wrote:
OK folks, what's up here? I'm considering a relocation from NYC metro to Jacksonville for a much needed new job. While the official web sites make Jacksonville read like Paradise, the crime stats and what I'm reading here is QUITE different.
The job in question is a damn good one with potential to be great, and the NY market sucks right now, but if Jax is as bad as you all make it sound...
I used to live in NE FL and it all depends on the area of Jax you live in. You definately need to do some research before you move. NE FL is a great place to live as long as you are in the right spot!
saddie

Brunswick, GA

#16 Jun 2, 2007
Jay, I am so sorry that you feel that you are a hostage. It is despicable; these merciless killings. It is a shame that when you feel that you are mistreated, live in poverty, etc that you resort to hurting innocence people-WHERE IS THE LOVE? I admit that I get fed up w/ politics and yeah, "sky rocketing gas prices". But I will never take my anger out on another human being. People should value life more. Regardless of a person's religious preference, it is essential to know that God was so upset by Cain killing Abe that he vanished him off of the face of the earth. These young men are going to be held accountable for there senseless acts. I do not mean to get on a soapbox here, but it is true that they are going to suffer for this.
I am angry and upset as an African-American! When I turn on the news and here there was another homicide, I get sick to my stomach. I believe God is not against the "Death Penalty" (read the book of Exodus). If a person maliciously takes another's person life, your life should be taken as well. I repeat God saw no wrong doing when he got rid of Cain. Those are my black brothers but if you are going to kill and rob someone, then I have no qualms about the system executing you.
Get off the soapbox that "the world owes you something". This world does not owe you shit! Yes, I would love to not have to live from paycheck to pay check. But my resources provide me the opportunity to better myself. Why do the individuals think they cannot go back to school and get an education? Why do they think that since they were not born at the top of the economic chain that they would have to resort to the "fast money" lifestyle in order to support themselves. It is so wrong! Everyone else works for what they want in life. The civil rights moment has afforded us many opportunities. They can be successful young men if they tried but they do not want to. Therefore, they get no sympathy from me. It is embarrassing and everyone talks about it. You cannot even enjoy a night out without thinking about being "car jack".
I wonder if Florida would do more if it were blacks killing whites?
Galaxy

Charlotte, NC

#17 Jun 19, 2007
larry hill wrote:
city of jax police dept. is not there jobs as office of the law .Save the peole of jax,black and white before we all are Dead .Were the Law.
It's funny that you're under the influence or a graduate of the social promoted school system. Who cares what the 'Gay Administration' has to say about Jax crime? Bush and Co. are the most treasonous in history. Aiding and abetting a hostile foreign power right in the open and no one does nothing about it.
Backs kill blacks

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Aug 18, 2007
Backs kill blacks. It is not just in the US. The blacks have been killing more blacks than any other races have. Look at what have been happening in Africa. The blacks have problems.
Stay away from them. That's all I do.
jag fan

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Aug 22, 2007
Backs kill blacks wrote:
Backs kill blacks. It is not just in the US. The blacks have been killing more blacks than any other races have. Look at what have been happening in Africa. The blacks have problems.
This has been the most Ignorant post I have ever seen. Take world history class or a U.S. history class for that matter and tell me if you still would stand by that ridiculous statement you made.
Kindasad

Ponte Vedra, FL

#20 Aug 31, 2007
Backs kill blacks wrote:
How do you stay away from blacks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 39 min BoneYard 622
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 5 hr Le Jimbo 170
News Farmington Tea Party draws hundreds of protesters (Apr '09) Wed swedenforever 266
News How Obama Is Vindicating Bush (Jan '09) Wed Boring 398
News New report offers no evidence that Iraq stockpi... (Jun '06) Wed Swedenforever 13
News 'Bush heard of Iraqi civilian murders from press' (May '06) Wed Swedenforever 25
News Students Protest Against Bush in Austria (Jun '06) Wed swedenforever 23
More from around the web