Bush to commit $2 billion to climate ...

Bush to commit $2 billion to climate change fund

There are 321 comments on the uk.reuters.com story from Jan 28, 2008, titled Bush to commit $2 billion to climate change fund. In it, uk.reuters.com reports that:

The United States will commit $2 billion over the next three years to a new international fund to promote clean energy technologies and fight climate change, President George W. Bush told Congress on Monday in his annual State of the Union speech.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at uk.reuters.com.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Miyaki

Thornton, Australia

#1 Jan 28, 2008
Too little and too late Mr Bush!
Mencken

Florence, MS

#2 Jan 28, 2008
Somebody please call the Goofball in Chief and tell him the US doesn't have $2 billion. Oh, if he wants the Fed to just print some green ink on paper, sure, he'll have his $2 billion. It will inflate the currency, though, and make the dollars in your paycheck worth less - assuming you still have a job.

This nimrod of a president proposes this while telling us that he has a master's degree in business administration. And others tell us we should elect Romney because he also has business experience.

Looks to me like all this business experience in Washington has just about finished the US off.

Vote Ron Paul in 2008. Do something for your country. Just this once.
brock landers

Glen Cove, NY

#4 Jan 28, 2008
You maxed out the card already fool!

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#5 Jan 28, 2008
I thought the shrub didn't believe in global changes???
KEEP IT REAL

Warren, OH

#7 Jan 28, 2008
OR a week in Iraq's worth.

“The world as I know it”

Since: Dec 06

Sydney

#8 Jan 28, 2008
What an appalling waste of good money throwing it at a mirage

Gee $2billion could be much better spent on the following;

Feeding the starving in Haiti for an extended period - Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world and is on Americas doorstep. The ecofundamentalists like Albore in their private jets are probably lecturing these starving people bout how not to use firewood to keep warm because its bad for the environment.

But then most of that $2billion will probably go on the cocktail sipping lavish Bali type conferences (that generate a carbon footprint bigger than Haiti) of the green rich who don't give a stuff about the environment, otherwise they would listen to it and see that it does not support their climate model lies.

Gods warrior

Since: May 07

<<<<--the right to bare

#9 Jan 29, 2008
What a waste. We could invade three more countries with this money.

Is this what was known as a 'flip-flop' back in the Kerry days?

Bush will be remembered as the worst president in history, and should be tried for treason.
UP in SMOKE

Bargersville, IN

#10 Jan 29, 2008
no no no what he's going to do is set fire to it and BURN the 2 Billion dollars... maybe dance around the burning pile at the '09 Haliburton Freedom BBQ.. that's how W is going to "make a differnce".
why? what else did you think he was going to do with it?
Terry

Firebaugh, CA

#11 Jan 29, 2008
Under Republicans we have become the largest debtor in the world and in world history.$10 trillion in debt.

Well, whats another $2 billion conservatives. Just leave it for the grand kids to pay for.
Stumpjumper

Warren, OH

#12 Jan 29, 2008
A perfect ending to the Bush years.
Cheney has a terminal heart attack listening to Bush's drivel during State of the Union speech.
The mind probe in Bush's head malfunctions, and he gets stuck on an endless "Make the tax cuts permanent" loop.
Nancy Pilocy slaps the stupid out of him.
All Pro-war Republicans are forced to send a child to Mosul.
Carl Rove is caught getting boned by Dog the Bounty hunter.
And all lived hapily ever after.

“Seek the midddle path.”

Since: Dec 07

Smalltown, USA

#13 Jan 29, 2008
theworldasweknowit wrote:
What an appalling waste of good money throwing it at a mirage
Gee $2billion could be much better spent on the following;
Feeding the starving in Haiti for an extended period - Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world and is on Americas doorstep. The ecofundamentalists like Albore in their private jets are probably lecturing these starving people bout how not to use firewood to keep warm because its bad for the environment.
But then most of that $2billion will probably go on the cocktail sipping lavish Bali type conferences (that generate a carbon footprint bigger than Haiti) of the green rich who don't give a stuff about the environment, otherwise they would listen to it and see that it does not support their climate model lies.
Why Haiti? Why not somewhere even closer to home, like New Orleans?

And not everyone that is concerned with the state of the environment is a rich hypocrite. Some of us are normal people with normal lives. Maybe global warming is a hoax, I don´t know.

But I do know how fucked up the rivers and lakes are in my homestate. I do know how much smog hovers over LA and Beijing. And I do know that no matter how much oil there is on this planet, it is not enough that we can just keep burning it forever. I do know that 7% growth in unsustainable, and I don´t need Al Gore to tell me all that.

We´re not all alarmists and hyporicical iditos. Some of us are just concerned.

“EARTH CACH THE SKY”

Bilaspur

#14 Jan 29, 2008
A good news for environment. every one know that Rome was not built in a day.
Will Rogers

United States

#15 Jan 29, 2008
bpaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Haiti? Why not somewhere even closer to home, like New Orleans?
And not everyone that is concerned with the state of the environment is a rich hypocrite. Some of us are normal people with normal lives. Maybe global warming is a hoax, I don´t know.
But I do know how fucked up the rivers and lakes are in my homestate. I do know how much smog hovers over LA and Beijing. And I do know that no matter how much oil there is on this planet, it is not enough that we can just keep burning it forever. I do know that 7% growth in unsustainable, and I don´t need Al Gore to tell me all that.
We´re not all alarmists and hyporicical iditos. Some of us are just concerned.
Concern misplaced is better left unplaced, as it does little good in either case.
Will Rogers

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2008
Let's read this $2B for what it is - a vain attempt to placate the global warming crowd, nothing more.

“Seek the midddle path.”

Smalltown, USA

#17 Jan 29, 2008
Will Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Concern misplaced is better left unplaced, as it does little good in either case.
And apathy will doom us all.
Mr Giblets

UK

#18 Jan 29, 2008
Javed Usmani wrote:
A good news for environment. every one know that Rome was not built in a day.
neither was Hiroshima, but that was knocked down in a second - and all the global warmies will do is ruin our economy trying to perform the biggest magic trick since King Canute tried to order the tide not to come in. HOW is wasting $2 billion on Al Gore's pet crazies going to stop a natural process?

“Seek the midddle path.”

Smalltown, USA

#19 Jan 29, 2008
Terry wrote:
Under Republicans we have become the largest debtor in the world and in world history.$10 trillion in debt.
Well, whats another $2 billion conservatives. Just leave it for the grand kids to pay for.
It doesn´t seem very conservative, does it? Then again, taking the most vacation time of any president ever, durring a war, doesn´t seem to make much sense either.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#21 Jan 29, 2008
so, he will have congress borrow more that our kids will get stuck paying back, but he offers no leadership, no solutions, no urge to conserve, no thoughts on the issue.... just more borrowed money. What a sad, pathetic vapid little boy.
free speech

Larchmont, NY

#22 Jan 29, 2008
Miyaki wrote:
Too little and too late Mr Bush!
Bush should be called little BILLION,he never spends anything in thousands,or millions everything is in billions no wonder the economy sucks,untill today the only way he increases jobs is by hiring more soldies even it is not holding since the death tolls are very high.Is hard to believe that americans elected him twice,making a mistake once is ok ,but twice,is it out of stupidity or arrogance i wonder.....
Will Rogers

Birmingham, AL

#25 Jan 29, 2008
bpaw wrote:
<quoted text>
And apathy will doom us all.
So as long as we join the "do something" crowd, even if it accomplishes nothing, all is right with the world. Okay, count me in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Bush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newt Gingrich slams Bush family's friendliness ... (Jul '14) Fri Elite Billionaire... 18
News Bruce Springsteen: George W Bush ruined lives (Jan '09) Fri Eddie Munster 19
News Libertarian VP hopeful stands by Holocaust refe... Thu Excellent One 53
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) May 25 Duchess of Westmi... 44
News Students Upset After Teacher Who Criticized Bus... (Mar '06) May 23 luv ya 148
News Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May 23 Oil Barron 16
News Who is the worst president since WWII ? (Jul '14) May 22 Electra41 1,427
More from around the web