MI Grinches Want To Ruin Christmas By Letting Adoption Agencies Reject Gay Couples

Dec 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Queerty

It could be a blue Christmas for the nearly 14,000 children in Michigan's foster-care system: The House Committee on Families, Children, and Seniors is expected to vote today on whether an adoption agency can discriminate against applicants based on its religious or moral grounds.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Dec 6, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

7

5

5

Allowing a child to be adopted by homosexuals is probably the cruelest thing you could do to a child.
As was recently demonstrated in Connecticut, it also exposes the child to possible sexual abuse.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

JrEsq wrote:
Allowing a child to be adopted by homosexuals is probably the cruelest thing you could do to a child.
As was recently demonstrated in Connecticut, it also exposes the child to possible sexual abuse.
Happens in the STR8 community all the time.....teachers molesting students...then you got the 'family'. Go tell them people to stop that stuff.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

JrEsq wrote:
Allowing a child to be adopted by homosexuals is probably the cruelest thing you could do to a child.
As was recently demonstrated in Connecticut, it also exposes the child to possible sexual abuse.
Allowing a child to be adopted by an idiot like you would be the cruelest thing you could to to a child. It would be better off shot in the back and left to die.

Homophobes try to connect homosexuality to pedophilia because homophobes are such perverts. They can't get their minds off of sex with children.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Happens in the STR8 community all the time.....teachers molesting students...then you got the 'family'. Go tell them people to stop that stuff.
"Go tell them people to stop that stuff."
OK, you people stop that stuff.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Allowing a child to be adopted by an idiot like you would be the cruelest thing you could to to a child. It would be better off shot in the back and left to die.
Homophobes try to connect homosexuality to pedophilia because homophobes are such perverts. They can't get their minds off of sex with children.
The case in Connecticut of the two homosexuals who were sexually abusing two of their adopted children cannot be rationalized away.
The children must be protected.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"Go tell them people to stop that stuff."
OK, you people stop that stuff.
GET OFF your butt and get out there and tell them! We know that won't happen. Go whine elsewhere.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text> GET OFF your butt and get out there and tell them! We know that won't happen. Go whine elsewhere.
I say again, "OK, you people stop that stuff."

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

It's clear that some people are willing to hurt vulnerable children for the sake of keeping those uppity LGBT people in their place.

Personally I think the homophobes should put their convictions into action and should be required to explain to each and every kid in foster care, who could have been adopted but wasn't, why they are supposed to be better off with no parent than an LGBT parent. Every year there are THOUSANDS of kids who "age out" of the foster care system in the USA without being adopted. Those kids frequently end up in trouble with the law, on drugs, and homeless. Kids who get adopted, on the other hand, have the same chance of success as kids who are raised by their biological parents.

And peer-reviewed objective studies show that LGBT parents are just as good as heterosexual parents.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Gay And Proud wrote:
It's clear that some people are willing to hurt vulnerable children for the sake of keeping those uppity LGBT people in their place.
Personally I think the homophobes should put their convictions into action and should be required to explain to each and every kid in foster care, who could have been adopted but wasn't, why they are supposed to be better off with no parent than an LGBT parent. Every year there are THOUSANDS of kids who "age out" of the foster care system in the USA without being adopted. Those kids frequently end up in trouble with the law, on drugs, and homeless. Kids who get adopted, on the other hand, have the same chance of success as kids who are raised by their biological parents.
And peer-reviewed objective studies show that LGBT parents are just as good as heterosexual parents.
That folks, is how homosexual rationalization works.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You all know well by now that you will have fight a thousand vicious battles and take seemingly endless matters to court to put a stop to a lot of this.

*shrug* What a wonderful way to take the matter of justice out on those directly responsible: You should be joyously welcoming it. The antigay hand you golden opportunity after opportunity to make them pay through the nose for their acts of rape.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Put simply: Not on religious grounds.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
That folks, is how homosexual rationalization works.
This is wrong and discriminatory........if the Same-Sex Couple passes a background check, meet all of the other requirements, then why should they be denied the right to adopt?

Why are these kids in foster care in the first place? I mean didn't they have heterosexual parents who cared for them? My guess is that they came from broken homes in the first place and they need a safe, stable and loving environment.......Same-Sex Couples can provide that situation just like another straight couple can!!!

You are the one overlooking the fact that these kids are in foster care for a reason........one of those reasons could have been being abused by their own parents either physically or sexually!!!

You are truly a pathetic excuse for a human being!!!

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Junior Idiot here knows that more than 90% of child molesters and pedophiles are heterosexual.
Junior just wishes to cause a commotion, because he is a troll and that's all he is.

Now off to the topic at hand.
I doubt that this will go through at all, there is no logical or rational explanation as to why gay individuals shouldn't have the right to adopt children.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Lacez wrote:
Junior Idiot here knows that more than 90% of child molesters and pedophiles are heterosexual.
Junior just wishes to cause a commotion, because he is a troll and that's all he is.
Now off to the topic at hand.
I doubt that this will go through at all, there is no logical or rational explanation as to why gay individuals shouldn't have the right to adopt children.
"there is no logical or rational explanation"
That is the standard diversionary homosexual preamble to every statement or claim that they make that in itself is illogical, irrational, or baseless.
In this case, every heterosexual child has a right to be brought up in a heterosexual family. Somehow the queers feel their right to complete their fantasy exceeds the rights of the child.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lacez wrote:
Junior Idiot here knows that more than 90% of child molesters and pedophiles are heterosexual.
Junior just wishes to cause a commotion, because he is a troll and that's all he is.
Now off to the topic at hand.
I doubt that this will go through at all, there is no logical or rational explanation as to why gay individuals shouldn't have the right to adopt children.
I said early on that this talk was so vicious and so potentially damaging that lawsuits should address it. I was told with a dogged, repetitively unwavering insistence that there were absolutely no grounds whatsoever upon which to take such "free speech" to court.

For some weird reason, this week, I have seen *three* separate comments online (elsewhere, not on topix) where gay or pro-gay individuals recommend by now that this somehow be taken to court in behalf of gay people who are being maligned and slandered daily.

My response to this was not to take it court as a separate issue or as one or more independent lawsuits for slander or defamation (based solely on my being told this is not possible), but to *incorporate* that slander, libel and defamation *DIRECTLY* into the current cases, forcing the antigay to answer to it publicly, in court, in each and every case.

There is *no reason* this can't be done and the *worst* that would happen is that a judge in any given case would rule it "not germane." To date, it is still not being addressed in courts.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
The case in Connecticut of the two homosexuals who were sexually abusing two of their adopted children cannot be rationalized away.
The children must be protected.
Tragic as that is, it happens ALL THE TIME in heterosexual families.

If you're really worried about "protecting the children", then you should support banning ALL people from having children, whether through adoption or procreation.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

So what happens when a catholic adoption agency refused to place a child with a jewish or baptist family based on "religious freedom"?

I hope they DO pass these type of laws, because I fully intend to use them to discriminate against christians based on MY deeply held religious beliefs.

Gee, I wonder how they'll respond to that?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Lacez wrote:
Junior Idiot here knows that more than 90% of child molesters and pedophiles are heterosexual.
Junior just wishes to cause a commotion, because he is a troll and that's all he is.
Now off to the topic at hand.
I doubt that this will go through at all, there is no logical or rational explanation as to why gay individuals shouldn't have the right to adopt children.
Sadly, though, that doesn't stop the bigot and the idiots from trying to pass laws that harm children, does it? Why think about children in need of loving homes when they've got an agenda to pursue? Pursuing hate-based agendas are WAY more fun than giving a loving home to a child in need.

What mystifies me is that EVERY ONE of those 14,000+ children in foster care are the result of some sort of failure on the part of the *heterosexual* couple that created them and then dumped them on society to raise. Why doesn't THAT figure into anyone's calculations when they're railing against the people that wish to help clean up the messes left by irresponsible straight people?
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, though, that doesn't stop the bigot and the idiots from trying to pass laws that harm children, does it? Why think about children in need of loving homes when they've got an agenda to pursue? Pursuing hate-based agendas are WAY more fun than giving a loving home to a child in need.
What mystifies me is that EVERY ONE of those 14,000+ children in foster care are the result of some sort of failure on the part of the *heterosexual* couple that created them and then dumped them on society to raise. Why doesn't THAT figure into anyone's calculations when they're railing against the people that wish to help clean up the messes left by irresponsible straight people?
"Why think about children in need of loving homes"
You are making a very broad assumption: that every homosexual home is a "loving home". Sounds like a copy-paste right out of the gay propaganda manual.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
I said early on that this talk was so vicious and so potentially damaging that lawsuits should address it. I was told with a dogged, repetitively unwavering insistence that there were absolutely no grounds whatsoever upon which to take such "free speech" to court.
For some weird reason, this week, I have seen *three* separate comments online (elsewhere, not on topix) where gay or pro-gay individuals recommend by now that this somehow be taken to court in behalf of gay people who are being maligned and slandered daily.
My response to this was not to take it court as a separate issue or as one or more independent lawsuits for slander or defamation (based solely on my being told this is not possible), but to *incorporate* that slander, libel and defamation *DIRECTLY* into the current cases, forcing the antigay to answer to it publicly, in court, in each and every case.
There is *no reason* this can't be done and the *worst* that would happen is that a judge in any given case would rule it "not germane." To date, it is still not being addressed in courts.
Better to SHOW that they are liars, than to merely call them such. That way, the JUDGE calls them liars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 7 min Naz1Croatia-Allie... 772
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 15 min KeepCalmNcarryON 3,990
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 26 min Karla 67,903
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 36 min Currywurst 17
Liberty University Law School Dean: Gay Marriag... 46 min StoolPushersForJu... 285
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 56 min WasteWater 180
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 57 min WasteWater 54,945

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
•••