Heritage of Trademark: The Legal Batt...

Heritage of Trademark: The Legal Battle Over Ownership of 'Pride'

There are 17 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 13, 2014, titled Heritage of Trademark: The Legal Battle Over Ownership of 'Pride'. In it, EDGE reports that:

A lawsuit filed in New York City by the organization that runs the Pride March and attendant events has people asking: "Who owns 'pride'?" The answer could have ramifications far west of the Hudson, to every city that has an official organization running its Pride celebration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Jul 13, 2014
All these groups that call themselves "Pride." I'm still wondering where the pride is.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jul 13, 2014
Wondering wrote:
All these groups that call themselves "Pride." I'm still wondering where the pride is.
There's a very real sense of accomplishment inherent in marginalizing homophobic filth, for starters.

You're sexually sick is all. You gotz problemz.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Jul 13, 2014
Pierre wrote:
WARNING.
Don't look at the pictures in this article unless you want to get sick to your stomach.
Why?
Are you in the picture?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Jul 13, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Perhaps you're just not gay enough; sugar

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#6 Jul 13, 2014
Wondering wrote:
At least twice I have provided you with examples and links demonstrating gay pride and you still can't figure it out. You're just going to have to face the fact that you're exceptionally stupid.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#7 Jul 13, 2014
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
At least twice I have provided you with examples and links demonstrating gay pride and you still can't figure it out. You're just going to have to face the fact that you're exceptionally stupid.
Did you ever hear the phrase that a picture is worth 1,000 words?
I've seen clips from these 'events' and they showed men on their knees on leashes, they had on leather dog masks. Explain it to me again, where is the pride?
Is it the guy holding the leash or the guy on the end of it? Is it the guy with the assless leather pants? I never saw anything that should be marched down Main St USA.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Jul 13, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen clips from these 'events' and they showed men on their knees on leashes, they had on leather dog masks. Explain it to me again, where is the pride?
Is it the guy holding the leash or the guy on the end of it? Is it the guy with the assless leather pants? I never saw anything that should be marched down Main St USA.
That wasn't us; dum dum
That was the BDSM crowd at the Folsom Street Fair. As you can plainly see; BDSM people are heteros
http://americansfortruth.com/uploads/2009/08/...
By contrast; GAY PRIDE is entirely and distinctively different. We're breathtakingly CLASSY!
http://media.villagevoice.com/6830073.87.jpg
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jul 13, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen clips from these 'events'.
We've all seen photos of heterosexuals cavorting and sexually assaulting at Mardi Gras and spring breaks.

You just don't look at photos of heterosexuals, because they usually (in the mainstream media) tend to emphasize the women in various states of underdress - not your obsession.

You're very sick is all.
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Jul 13, 2014
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
They must be proud of how sick and disgusting they are.
Apparently nothing is more threatening to a "religious" closet case than some openly lgbt people laughing and joking about uneducated, reprobate homophobes.
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Jul 13, 2014
The queer from Philly seems to take pride in personally responding to each and every anti-gay post on this forum.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#13 Jul 13, 2014
Pierre wrote:
WARNING.
Don't look at the pictures in this article unless you want to get sick to your stomach.
Why....are they pictures of your mother in a bikini?
Pat Robertson s Fatwass

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jul 13, 2014
Homostats wrote:
The queer from Philly seems to take pride in personally responding to each and every anti-gay post on this forum.
I'm happy to reply to sexually sick closet cases with the appropriate calumny. My fear is that they'll one day come out and the lgbt community will have to interact with or account for them in some way.

Yech.
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Jul 13, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm happy to reply to sexually sick closet cases with the appropriate calumny. My fear is that they'll one day come out and the lgbt community will have to interact with or account for them in some way.
Yech.
Since when do queers hold themselves accountable for their perverted interactions?
NOM s Waffle House

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jul 14, 2014
Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do queers hold themselves accountable for their perverted interactions?
No, Cletus, the point was about dealing with sexually sick closet cases such as yourself after they finally come out.

It's an unpleasant situation for lgbt people.
NOM s Waffle House

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jul 14, 2014
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you ventured out of your room? There is a world out there you know.
Give Topix a rest for a couple of hours. Take a walk or something. You could use that time to think up some more idiotic user names.
A closet case advising someone else about being out?

Even the most cretinous fundies realize by now that I have a whole list of mocking user names; I need more user names like talibangelicals need more homosexual scandals in their ranks.

Glad to hear you dislike them (the former.)
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Jul 14, 2014
NOM s Waffle House wrote:
<quoted text>
A closet case advising someone else about being out?
Even the most cretinous fundies realize by now that I have a whole list of mocking user names; I need more user names like talibangelicals need more homosexual scandals in their ranks.
Glad to hear you dislike them (the former.)
I see what you are saying; you are admitting that you are psychotic, even by homosexual standards.
Jumper The wise

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jul 14, 2014
There's nothing at all shameful of taking pride in what you do even if its gay butt sex.

Where would America be today if out forefathers had no pride in themselves and break the bonds of servitude.

I say if there is to be gay sex in the world,them America is best at it!

Take that Comrades!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Beeber cried because his arse hurt......... 4 min Michelangelo 1
News Kentucky clerk rejects couples again: 'They don... 6 min ahmi yat ahmi 61
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 7 min Wondering 3,356
News Judge, clerk in marriage case dealt with nepoti... 7 min TomInElPaso 2
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 13 min Wondering 568
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 15 min Wondering 1,290
News Kentucky clerk asks Supreme Court to intervene ... 18 min Lawrence Wolf 67
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 43 min Terra Firma 25,969
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 5 hr WeTheSheeple 92
More from around the web