Anonymous hacks Westboro after church...

Anonymous hacks Westboro after church celebrates shooting deaths of children

There are 20 comments on the gaynewsnetwork.com.au story from Dec 16, 2012, titled Anonymous hacks Westboro after church celebrates shooting deaths of children. In it, gaynewsnetwork.com.au reports that:

Hacker activist group Anonymous has once again stepped up its campaign against the Westboro Baptist Church after members of the controversial anti-gay family led church announced their intentions to picket the funerals of victims - the majority of whom were young children - of last week's mass school shooting in the US.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gaynewsnetwork.com.au.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 17, 2012
It seems like WBC crossed the line. It was bad enough that they were protesting dead soldiers but now they are doing it to small children who were murdered?! They are monsters! That church doesn't represent God they work for Satan. They just think they are doing God's will. They are very sick and misguided people.
Roland

United States

#2 Dec 17, 2012
The church has a good point, I think. Let's also investigate the families of the shooter AND the victims to see what they knew and when they knew it. There could have been some family members who had a sense of what might happen here. It s not inconceivable that one or more of them are complicit in this alleged shooter's mentally deranged tendencies. It might not have even been him, children younger than ten have brought guns to school before.
boom

Houston, TX

#3 Dec 17, 2012
They can hack into defense, maybe they will wipe the church off the face of the earth.
Mahasattva

United States

#4 Dec 17, 2012
boom wrote:
They can hack into defense, maybe they will wipe the church off the face of the earth.
They ought to wipe out the culture of instant gratification and violence. That's really the cause here. Add in genetically predisposed whites who have serious psychiatric issues and you get a major mass shooting every week or so in the U.S. It isn't shocking anymore.

If they continue to dwell on this evil deed, then the next sicko will want the same attention. Just move on. It was a shame that it happened, but people have to move on.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#5 Dec 17, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
It seems like WBC crossed the line. It was bad enough that they were protesting dead soldiers but now they are doing it to small children who were murdered?! They are monsters! That church doesn't represent God they work for Satan. They just think they are doing God's will. They are very sick and misguided people.
While I couldn't agree more that the Phelps Family Freak Show of God's Hate is well deserving, I find what Anonymous did with the information they hacked a little troubling. Posting where and how to find these monsters is kind of irresponsible in the current climate, we have potentially dangerous crazies on our side of the equation too.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6 Dec 17, 2012
I was waiting for this story to get on here, took long enough. I read up a lot on this yesterday and the Westboro Baptist Church is disgusting. These people are some of the most vile and evil people alive. Really, to go to the funeral for the children that died in that shooting, and to tell them their god loved their deaths...there are no words to explain how disgusted I am.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>While I couldn't agree more that the Phelps Family Freak Show of God's Hate is well deserving, I find what Anonymous did with the information they hacked a little troubling. Posting where and how to find these monsters is kind of irresponsible in the current climate, we have potentially dangerous crazies on our side of the equation too.
I can understand where you're coming from, but I disagree, mainly due to the amount of disgust I feel towards them. Those people are worthless in my eyes, I sincerely hate them for their evil views. If one were to get harmed, I wouldn't feel bad for them in the slightest. Maybe you haven't read into the extent of their hate, or you can still think of them as human while I can't...either way, I do understand where you're coming from, but I don't agree purely based on their actions in the past and the actions to come.

this one

#8 Dec 17, 2012
The first time I had the pleasure of actually meeting the good Reverend and his charming flock of family was at the funeral of a very dear friend of mine from college in 1985. Back in the day when their unique brand of Christian loves was limited to bringing it to the funerals of AIDS victims and funeral picket laws hadn't even been thought of yet, I got to walk through their praying at us to get into the service, to walk their praying at us while carrying his casket out and to drive between them when they beat us to the gate of the cemetery. 27 years later, my opinion of them hasn't improved and I run into these folk more often than you all in the rest of the country.

Yet it still troubles me that they put out a this is how you find these fine examples of Christianity in a climate of this kind of insanity. Nothing good can come from it.
Megan

Portage, IN

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
The first time I had the pleasure of actually meeting the good Reverend and his charming flock of family was at the funeral of a very dear friend of mine from college in 1985. Back in the day when their unique brand of Christian loves was limited to bringing it to the funerals of AIDS victims and funeral picket laws hadn't even been thought of yet, I got to walk through their praying at us to get into the service, to walk their praying at us while carrying his casket out and to drive between them when they beat us to the gate of the cemetery. 27 years later, my opinion of them hasn't improved and I run into these folk more often than you all in the rest of the country.
Yet it still troubles me that they put out a this is how you find these fine examples of Christianity in a climate of this kind of insanity. Nothing good can come from it.
I agree, nothing good can come from it- but isn't that their own fault? Consequences to actions are natural. If you spew so much hatred across a nation, shouldn't you expect some form of retaliation? Continuing to spew this hatred- knowing full well that retaliation is a very possible outcome- is accepting that, and in some form-asking for it to happen. They know they are crossing the line, yet they continue to push- relying on the people they hate to protect them. When will someone teach them that you don't bite the hand that feeds you?
Denial

Algonquin, IL

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Mahasattva wrote:
<quoted text>
They ought to wipe out the culture of instant gratification and violence. That's really the cause here. Add in genetically predisposed whites who have serious psychiatric issues and you get a major mass shooting every week or so in the U.S. It isn't shocking anymore.
If they continue to dwell on this evil deed, then the next sicko will want the same attention. Just move on. It was a shame that it happened, but people have to move on.
Dear, your fellow Asians are just as messed up as everybody else is. It was one of your fellow Asians who committed the mass killing at the university not long ago. Also, we just recognised the anniversary of the Pearl Harbour bombing where some of your fellow Asians killed hundreds of Americans. Don't act like this is just a "white male" problem. If we are so bad, GO HOME!
Denial

Algonquin, IL

#11 Dec 17, 2012
I think that when those idiots show up at any funeral the police should turn their head and they should be hog tied and a huge dirty sock stuck in their mouth. Then leave them there for a day or so to think about whether they want to attend another funeral. Sorry, that's just how I feel.
Tonto

Norristown, PA

#12 Dec 17, 2012
Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't act like this is just a "white male" problem. If we are so bad, GO HOME!
you first Ill-annoying.. or do you not know your history?

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#15 Dec 17, 2012
If they carry through with picketing the funerals, it's going to be bad..Not to wish bad on anyone but quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if something did happen to them, I can't think of people more deserving. Well, maybe NOM or focus...

this one

#16 Dec 17, 2012
Megan wrote:
I agree, nothing good can come from it- but isn't that their own fault? Consequences to actions are natural. If you spew so much hatred across a nation, shouldn't you expect some form of retaliation? Continuing to spew this hatred- knowing full well that retaliation is a very possible outcome- is accepting that, and in some form-asking for it to happen. They know they are crossing the line, yet they continue to push- relying on the people they hate to protect them. When will someone teach them that you don't bite the hand that feeds you?
No one should live in fear of their fellow man for believing what they do. I find these people to be among the most reprehensible examples of Christianity in the wrong hands in the world today, but should they expect retaliation? Of course not, we don't want violence committed or condoned against us, why would we want to hope for it against others? I know it is tempting, I've had more than a few folk on here drive me to the point of watching them being clubbed like baby seals doesn't seem too morally objectionable for the moment, but we have to be better than their worst instincts and our own. Man made acts of violence isn't nature's way of evening the score, it's just us behaving badly.
The Dude Abides

Rochester, NY

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Hopefully no area hotels or motels will rent a room to anyone with a Kansas license plate or ID from there. If anyone can positively identify a vehicle from the church, flatten their tires so they cant get to the church to ruin the funeral or the cemetery.
If that fails, then douse them with raw eggs and water super soakers.

I have thus adibed.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to admit that I agree with anything you Queers say or do, but I'm definitely on board with you on this one.
The Westboro church is no good. Probably never will be.
Well thanks for agreeing with me I think. Does calling us queers make you feel good in some way? What does it accomplish? Wouldn't it just be more simple to tell us you hate us?
Candy Apple News

United States

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Tonto wrote:
<quoted text>
you first Ill-annoying.. or do you not know your history?
What an ignorant fool he is. He is just mad that it is solely crazy white men who target innocent people and children and then murder them en masse. Whites really are devils, they should experience pain and hurt until they change their ways.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#21 Dec 17, 2012
Oh, CRAP.
Please, PLEASE, don't let this be true! My heart weeps...How f*cking DISGUSTING.
When I heard about this, I thought this was a joke, that people proclaiming to be "servants of god" could not be so cruel.
If this is true...someone has got to put a stop to these evil [email protected] Those people are going through enough trauma without these idiots in the way to stir up crap.
Westboro Baptist: STAY AWAY. DO NOT GO. LEAVE THEM ALONE. YOU ARE BEING CRUEL.
STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY.
SMFH.@SSHOLES.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#22 Dec 17, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
Oh, CRAP.
Please, PLEASE, don't let this be true! My heart weeps...How f*cking DISGUSTING.
When I heard about this, I thought this was a joke, that people proclaiming to be "servants of god" could not be so cruel.
If this is true...someone has got to put a stop to these evil [email protected] Those people are going through enough trauma without these idiots in the way to stir up crap.
STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY.
SMFH.@SSHOLES.
Yep, hatred has no shame.

this one

#23 Dec 18, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
Oh, CRAP.
STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY.
SMFH.@SSHOLES.
This crap has been true of these fine folk for thirty odd years now. The Phelps Family Freak Show of Hate proved a long, long time ago that no obscenity to human decency was beneath them. The questions now are as they always have been. Just how much of OUR freedom of religion and freedoms of expression and speech are we going to want to give up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Frankie Rizzo 14,737
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 5 min Big Foxy Fan 130
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min lides 38,469
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 25 min Big Foxy Fan 425
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 59 min Delicious 179
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 hr June VanDerMark 10,956
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 3 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 48
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Dandy Boi 68,795
More from around the web