Dems Criticize GOP Support of DOMA

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: EDGE 6

The cost to taxpayers for a House Republican decision to fund the legal team supporting the Defense of Marriage Act has climbed from $500,000 to as much as $3 million, Democrats say in questioning the GOP stance on the gay marriage issue now before the Supreme Court.

Read more
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 29, 2013
The republicans scream states' rights over and over, then hypocritically don't like it here. Let's hope that it all becomes moot and the court votes to uphold the 14th amendment of the constitution ending marriage discrimination.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
The republicans scream states' rights over and over, then hypocritically don't like it here. Let's hope that it all becomes moot and the court votes to uphold the 14th amendment of the constitution ending marriage discrimination.
Senator Ayotte says she supports state's rights to decide and she supports DOMA. She does not represent her state.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Mar 29, 2013
$3 million in taxpayer money for the federal govt to discriminate against many of those very taxpayers, all while claiming state's rights.

Typical GOPasaur hypocrisy.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Mar 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
I agree.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Mar 29, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Senator Ayotte says she supports state's rights to decide and she supports DOMA. She does not represent her state.
You can;t support states' rights and DOMA and be consistent. The two things are mutually exclusive. Another typical politician.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Mar 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
$3 million in taxpayer money for the federal govt to discriminate against many of those very taxpayers, all while claiming state's rights.
Typical GOPasaur hypocrisy.
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Poof1 17,649
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 52 min Dana Robertson 1,586
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 59 min Big D 201,792
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Brian_G 51,860
News George Takei poses for a portrait at Quaker Goo... 1 hr Gays Run the World 6
looking for a Huddersfield BF or wanking buddy 1 hr jackyboi 1
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr Rainbow Kid 1,559
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 hr Brian_G 1,897
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 7 hr Douglas 30,812
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 12 hr goonsquad 504
More from around the web