A question for the Boy Scouts

A question for the Boy Scouts

There are 7 comments on the ELCA.org story from Jun 14, 2013, titled A question for the Boy Scouts. In it, ELCA.org reports that:

I've known good and bad examples of both gay and straight Scouts, I think. Their sexual orientation had nothing to do with their failure or success.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ELCA.org.

Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

#1 Jun 14, 2013
The question remains whether the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. If one believes the clear words of the Bible as well as the 1950 years of understanding among Christians that it calls homosexuality a sin and if one rejects the ersatz method of "interpreting" the Bible to meet preconceived notions, to satisfy "itching ears," and to be politically correct, then the question is not which of the 10 virtues is most important, the question is whether a church or a Christian should be involved with an organization which either promotes or accepts sin as normal -- not to mention the Scouts long term syncretism -- the teaching that there is one God and Jesus is only one way of many to approach him and that the God of the various religions of the world is the same God.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#2 Jun 16, 2013
There is NO reference to sexual orientation in the Bible PERIOD. And Jesus said NOTHING about it at all according to the Gospels. Your old, tired, legalized orthodoxy is not the standard for exegesis.
BB board

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jul 15, 2013
Listen to the Word wrote:
The question remains whether the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. If one believes the clear words of the Bible as well as the 1950 years of understanding among Christians that it calls homosexuality a sin and if one rejects the ersatz method of "interpreting" the Bible to meet preconceived notions, to satisfy "itching ears," and to be politically correct, then the question is not which of the 10 virtues is most important, the question is whether a church or a Christian should be involved with an organization which either promotes or accepts sin as normal -- not to mention the Scouts long term syncretism -- the teaching that there is one God and Jesus is only one way of many to approach him and that the God of the various religions of the world is the same God.
Good post!
galler

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 17, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
There is NO reference to sexual orientation in the Bible PERIOD. And Jesus said NOTHING about it at all according to the Gospels. Your old, tired, legalized orthodoxy is not the standard for exegesis.
What do you know? Nothing!
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jul 23, 2013
dew4794 wrote:
The Bible has a lot to say about sex

Romans 1:27
1 Cor. 7:2
Galatians 5

If you need OT, let me know. Sex with same gender, animals, outside of marriage are all wrong.
Beauty Queen

London, UK

#8 Jul 23, 2013
MomofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has a lot to say
Silly internet troll ...
MomofMany

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jul 23, 2013
Beauty Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly internet troll ...
Who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 14 min WasteWater 15,979
News The 12 Best Dating Apps 55 min NE Jade 2
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Dunk 25
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 11,306
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,969
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 2 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,789
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 72
More from around the web