When Blasphemous Gays Rip into Christ...

When Blasphemous Gays Rip into Christians the MSM says Diddly S...

There are 1296 comments on the Hugh Hewitt story from Sep 29, 2007, titled When Blasphemous Gays Rip into Christians the MSM says Diddly S.... In it, Hugh Hewitt reports that:

Can you imagine if a group of Christians got together and made a photograph advertising their upcoming rally, and in that photo they deliberately went out of their way to tick off homosexuals? What do you think ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hugh Hewitt.

First Prev
of 65
Next Last

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#2 Sep 30, 2007
Don't worry folks, it's just Wil.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#4 Sep 30, 2007
ROFLMAO!! Just another Propagandist. Amazing how much he sounds like those Muslims who were up in arms a couple of years back about Mohammad being depicted in a editorial cartoon. Funny, a Google search will turn up bunches of depictions of variations of the same thing so... I suppose the fact that the Leather scene did this is what realy get's them going.
Good Job guys, the "outrage" by the Pharisees(like the guy who wrote the article) will be sure to make this event the best attended yet.

“Author in search of a niche”

Since: Jul 07

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 30, 2007
heyzuss wrote:
SODOMY IS AN ABOMINABLE SIN, WORTHY OF DEATH.
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13. "Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:32.
See also Leviticus 18:22, Genesis 19, Romans 1:18-32, I Corinthians 6:9-11, I Timothy 1:10, and Jude 7.
GOD HATES ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY.
"The foolish shall not stand in thy sight, thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Psalm 5:5.
See also Leviticus 20:23, Leviticus 26:30, Deuteronomy 32:19, Psalm 5:6, Psalm 11:5, Malachi 1:3, Matthew 7:23, and Romans 9:13.
JESUS CHRIST DIED ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
See also John 13:1, John 17:9, Ephesians 5:25, etc.
ONLY GOD'S ELECT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO BELIEVE.
"Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them." John 12:39,40.
See also John 10:11,26, Matthew 11:25,26, Acts 13:48, Romans 9:19-24, etc.
SODOMITES ARE PROUD OF THEIR SIN ("GAY PRIDE"), AND IN THAT PRIDEFUL STATE THEY CANNOT REPENT - YOU CANNOT REPENT OF SOMETHING YOU'RE PROUD OF.
"Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 6:15.
See also Jeremiah 13:23, Romans 1:24-32, Ezekiel 16:49-50, etc.
THE SODOMITES' ONLY HOPE IS TO HAVE THE UNAMBIGUOUS TRUTH PREACHED TO THEM, AND PERHAPS GOD WILL SOFTEN THEIR HEARTS AND GRANT THEM REPENTANCE TO DEPART FROM THEIR SIN AND NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST. NOT VERY LIKELY, THOUGH, SINCE GOD HAS GIVEN THEM UP.
"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." II Timothy 2:19. "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness...unto vile affections...to a reprobate mind." Romans 1:24-28.
See also II Timothy 2:24-26, Psalm 5:5, I Corinthians 6:9-11, Acts 17:30, Jude 22,23, etc.
THERE IS A HELL WHERE ALL IMPENITENT SINNERS WILL RESIDE FOR ALL ETERNITY. THAT INCLUDES SODOMITES (CALLED "DOGS").
"And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." Isaiah 66:24. "For without are dogs..." Revelation 22:15.
See also Mark 9:44, Luke 16:23, Revelation 20:15.
The Bible and Homosexuality:

http://whosoever.org/bible/

http://www.ecwr.org/resources/homosexuality.h...

http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexualit...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6 Sep 30, 2007
Can you imagine groups of fundamentalist christians getting together and creating full page newspaper ads and TV spots promoting the idea that gay people can "pray the gay away". even though science and every medical association says that such change is NOT possible?

Imagine those poor religious gay folks, hearing that twisted message and believing that they are condemned if they can't change, and willing to try any snake oil make it to heaven.

Imagine the multitudes that try and fail. Some kill themselves, because they believe the fault is in THEM, but not the false therapies.

Imagine those locked in a lie, pretending to be "changed", proclaiming they are "saved", but knowing in their hearts that the "struggle" is there, and terrified it always will be.

Terrified that someone will find our their secret--they are still gay.

Yes, advertising can damage and hurt and destroy lives. Some christians have been doing that for a long time.

This ad was rude and distasteful, but I doubt any folks are going to kill themselves over it. Most of those screaming about it would never have even seen it under normal circumstances. But the more people are "outraged", the more play the thing gets.

All religions are in the public eye, and based on their actions, are open to this kind of lampooning.

Jesus is stong enough to handle the satire. He always has been.

Personally, I think it's extremely distasteful, but it's also free speech. Just like the lies told about gay people in religious publications and ads. But it's a lot less damaging.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#7 Sep 30, 2007
I have been aware for a long time these nutt jobs are the real danger with their drooling to be in charge of the proud American taliban party AKA the right wing whacko's.
American

Mount Vernon, MO

#8 Sep 30, 2007
Those who mock the Lord are only hurting themselves.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Wayne

Bangkok, Thailand

#9 Sep 30, 2007
Hey, heyzuss...Isn't it convenient that you can misuse your religion to rationilize your bigotry? You're not the first, and you won't be the last. It's really sad that you use your religion to keep up the hate and misunderstanding. You really use it as a barrier to keep you and your kind in complete ignorance. I guess it makes you feel better that you have let us know that we are damned by your god. Congratulations. I'm sure St. Peter will be so pleased to let someone in with your sanctimonious bigotry. Glad I won't be there to spend eternity with you, real glad. That would really be hell.
Patrick in Texas

San Antonio, TX

#12 Sep 30, 2007
heyzuss wrote:
SODOMY IS AN ABOMINABLE SIN, WORTHY OF DEATH.
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13. "Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:32.
See also Leviticus 18:22, Genesis 19, Romans 1:18-32, I Corinthians 6:9-11, I Timothy 1:10, and Jude 7.
GOD HATES ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY.
"The foolish shall not stand in thy sight, thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Psalm 5:5.
See also Leviticus 20:23, Leviticus 26:30, Deuteronomy 32:19, Psalm 5:6, Psalm 11:5, Malachi 1:3, Matthew 7:23, and Romans 9:13.
JESUS CHRIST DIED ONLY FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
See also John 13:1, John 17:9, Ephesians 5:25, etc.
ONLY GOD'S ELECT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO BELIEVE.
"Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them." John 12:39,40.
See also John 10:11,26, Matthew 11:25,26, Acts 13:48, Romans 9:19-24, etc.
SODOMITES ARE PROUD OF THEIR SIN ("GAY PRIDE"), AND IN THAT PRIDEFUL STATE THEY CANNOT REPENT - YOU CANNOT REPENT OF SOMETHING YOU'RE PROUD OF.
"Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 6:15.
See also Jeremiah 13:23, Romans 1:24-32, Ezekiel 16:49-50, etc.
THE SODOMITES' ONLY HOPE IS TO HAVE THE UNAMBIGUOUS TRUTH PREACHED TO THEM, AND PERHAPS GOD WILL SOFTEN THEIR HEARTS AND GRANT THEM REPENTANCE TO DEPART FROM THEIR SIN AND NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST. NOT VERY LIKELY, THOUGH, SINCE GOD HAS GIVEN THEM UP.
"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." II Timothy 2:19. "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness...unto vile affections...to a reprobate mind." Romans 1:24-28.
See also II Timothy 2:24-26, Psalm 5:5, I Corinthians 6:9-11, Acts 17:30, Jude 22,23, etc.
THERE IS A HELL WHERE ALL IMPENITENT SINNERS WILL RESIDE FOR ALL ETERNITY. THAT INCLUDES SODOMITES (CALLED "DOGS").
"And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." Isaiah 66:24. "For without are dogs..." Revelation 22:15.
See also Mark 9:44, Luke 16:23, Revelation 20:15.
You remind me of this guy that stands at the corner of 6th and Congress Ave.(Austin, Tx) wearing a potato sack and yelling scripture as loud as he can at people passing by. He inevitably always gets arrested after he climbs the telephone pole to use it as his soapbox.

“Author in search of a niche”

Since: Jul 07

Dallas, TX

#14 Sep 30, 2007
Chester wrote:
We dont hate gays, we just dont like them dancing around in the streets naked and shoving acceptance of such behavior at us. God dont say feelings and way you are will stop you from going to heaven. Its what you do. The act of the homosexual does, he can think of it and that wont condem him. Same whith murder you can think ofit and that wont put you in prision.
Same with adultry and premarital sex. We just are not picking on the gays. We all in the same boat. You never hear a gay use this argument (adultry and premarital sex) because its all about sex for them and for the majority of our society. We have a pornoized society.
How about the child molestors, shoud we accept them. They can have the same arguments the gays got? Its comming, child molestation is becoming more accepted , just look at some of the liberal judges rulings in these cases. Its the downward spiral. We need to turn back to God and he will heal our land. They will know us by our love for one another.
First...apples and oranges. We are talking about gay people, NOT pedophiles. There is a huge difference. You use of that is nothing but a smoke screen designed for fear.

Second, where are you seeing gays and lesbians dancing in the street naked? What kind of TV or movies are YOU watching??

Third, you are exaggerating and sterotyping gays with the issue of sex. That's another smoke screen for your weak argument!! I am glad you noticed that straights have problems, too.

Fourth, where is the love you speak of? I see nothing in this vile posting. You are correct, though. The Scriptures are clear that love is the one true test of a relationship with God and the main testament to being a disciple of Christ.
nhjeff

South Newbury, NH

#15 Sep 30, 2007
Chester wrote:
We dont hate gays, we just dont like them dancing around in the streets naked and shoving acceptance of such behavior at us. God dont say feelings and way you are will stop you from going to heaven. Its what you do. The act of the homosexual does, he can think of it and that wont condem him. Same whith murder you can think ofit and that wont put you in prision.
Same with adultry and premarital sex. We just are not picking on the gays. We all in the same boat. You never hear a gay use this argument (adultry and premarital sex) because its all about sex for them and for the majority of our society. We have a pornoized society.
How about the child molestors, shoud we accept them. They can have the same arguments the gays got? Its comming, child molestation is becoming more accepted , just look at some of the liberal judges rulings in these cases. Its the downward spiral. We need to turn back to God and he will heal our land. They will know us by our love for one another.
Gays don't hate bigots. We just don't like them spreading their lies and comparing us to murderers and pedophiles. And we don't like them trying to deny our equal rights. Nobody is trying to stop so-called christians from practicing their faith. But we do want to provide protection for those whom they would (and do) harm physically. And we want to provide education and social safety nets for the unfortunate gays who happen to be born into homes where they will not be accepted.

“Just call me Das. ”

Since: Jul 07

United States

#16 Sep 30, 2007
Why should the MSM say anything?

Blasphemers purporting to be Christians have been ripping into us for centuries. This thread's a perfect example.

Thank you, thumpers, for giving the class such deliciously archetypical examples of precisely why no-one's listening to you anymore.

If your faith is so weak as to be seriously threatened by a piece of satire, then you should probably seek it elsewhere. If your faith is not so weak as all that, why all the brouhaha?

It looks to me as though the fanatics are working themselves up into a frenzy over this that resembles nothing so much as a certain series of riots that took place over a certain series of cartoons.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#17 Sep 30, 2007
So...this guy had no real issue to write about?

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#18 Sep 30, 2007
Chester wrote:
How about the child molestors, shoud we accept them. They can have the same arguments the gays got? Its comming, child molestation is becoming more accepted , just look at some of the liberal judges rulings in these cases. Its the downward spiral. We need to turn back to God and he will heal our land. They will know us by our love for one another.
Nope, sorry, there isn't a comparison. Children are unable to give informed consent to sexual activity. Strawman arguments simply show how ridiculous people like yourself actually can be.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#19 Sep 30, 2007
Tony C wrote:
So...this guy had no real issue to write about?
Nope, just a hatemongering rant. Sounds more like he's trying to set himself up as the next Fred Phelps more than anything else.

“Just call me Das. ”

Since: Jul 07

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#20 Sep 30, 2007
Tony C wrote:
So...this guy had no real issue to write about?
Doug Giles is a very valuable resource for me! I sometimes teach logic, and Giles has this talent for making fallacies seem reasonable. He provides lots of examples of how NOT to present an argument that my students learn a lot from.

“Otter”

Since: Jan 07

New York, NY

#21 Sep 30, 2007
Dasein9 wrote:
Why should the MSM say anything?
Blasphemers purporting to be Christians have been ripping into us for centuries. This thread's a perfect example.
Thank you, thumpers, for giving the class such deliciously archetypical examples of precisely why no-one's listening to you anymore.
If your faith is so weak as to be seriously threatened by a piece of satire, then you should probably seek it elsewhere. If your faith is not so weak as all that, why all the brouhaha?
It looks to me as though the fanatics are working themselves up into a frenzy over this that resembles nothing so much as a certain series of riots that took place over a certain series of cartoons.
good post.

“Otter”

Since: Jan 07

New York, NY

#22 Sep 30, 2007
Dasein9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doug Giles is a very valuable resource for me! I sometimes teach logic, and Giles has this talent for making fallacies seem reasonable. He provides lots of examples of how NOT to present an argument that my students learn a lot from.
would like to see you on some other threads like Choosing Hell and if Christianity is a fraud version 2.1

“Karma > Dogma”

Since: Sep 07

3rd Rock From the Sun

#23 Sep 30, 2007
Christophobic thugs... Priceless lol

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#26 Sep 30, 2007
We don't have to imagine christians attacking the rights of homosexuals every day. If christians are willing to dish it out they should be able to take it, crybabies.

“Just call me Das. ”

Since: Jul 07

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#27 Sep 30, 2007
Saranacotter wrote:
<quoted text>would like to see you on some other threads like Choosing Hell and if Christianity is a fraud version 2.1
Thanks, but my plate's full. Am dissertating and only have time for so much... You're welcome here, though.

:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 65
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jewboy Jade's Kosher Pig Peckers 5 min Kenny 2
News Unhinged pastor tells "gay world" to "go to a M... 6 min Aaron 14
News Gay Man Previously Denied Marriage License Runn... 7 min Go For It 2
Meadow Grove Crime Blotter 10 min Willis 3
News Dad who protested against Roy Moore honours gay... 12 min E X P O S E D 3
News Lesbian granted rights of 'husband' in same-sex... (May '17) 12 min Maggie 38
News Masturbation, sharing beds lead to homosexualit... 31 min E X P O S E D 10
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 15,011
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) Fri GodSmacked 26,930
More from around the web