ND Anti-Smoking Effort Targets Gay Pr...

ND Anti-Smoking Effort Targets Gay Pride Fstival

There are 4 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 17, 2013, titled ND Anti-Smoking Effort Targets Gay Pride Fstival. In it, EDGE reports that:

A division of North Dakota's Health Department that aims to help smokers quit is putting $2,500 toward reaching people at a gay pride festival in Fargo later this summer, raising questions about whether public money should be used to support specific causes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#1 Jul 17, 2013
I'm in my 50's and I'm the only person in my immediate family, out of 6, that have never smoked a cigarette in my life.

I used to go to The Bunk House almost every week, only on a Friday nite. After getting back home, my clothes would reek of cigarette smoke and I would put all my clothes in the laundry, rather than in my closet or bedroom.

Finally, I got annoyed about the fact that my clothes smelled like tobacco, after only 3 or 4 hours at the bar, and I complained to one of the owners of The Bunk House, and told him that he should ban smoking in the bar. We got into a bit of an argument about it, and he laughed, said the idea was crazy, and it would be an impossible thing to do.

About 3 years after this discussion with the owner, New York banned smoking in bars. It's a matter of public health and preventing people who CHOOSE NOT TO SMOKE tobacco, from being assaulted with tobacco by others.
Heloise

Hayward, CA

#4 Jul 17, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
Smoking is offensive to most decent people. Homosexuality is way more offensive though. I'd much rather smell cigarette smoke than ass.
Then you shouldn't have pestered your daddy to quit smoking.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 17, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
I'd much rather smell cigarette smoke than ass.
Then stop walking around with your head up your ass, R1.
Brucie

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Aug 16, 2013
sho fellas Fargo is the place is it? Is that near Hagerstowm MD?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 2 hr ThomasA 336
What causes homophobia? 3 hr Some Day Never Comes 13
News Oklahoma's New Lesbian State Senator: 'I Ran as... 3 hr Pilots nail drivi... 12
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Frindly 14,775
News Crowds deflect anti-gay activists at Geneva church 4 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 1
if you are homosexual... 4 hr NE Jade 5
News Scientists find the gene that makes men gay - o... 5 hr EdmondWA 33
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 5 hr funhouse mirror 117
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr June VanDerMark 58,413
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 11 hr GodSmacked 26,914
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 16 hr Wondering 411
More from around the web