After DOMA Ruling, Bi-National Gay Co...

After DOMA Ruling, Bi-National Gay Couples Face New Issues

There are 3 comments on the National Public Radio story from Jul 15, 2013, titled After DOMA Ruling, Bi-National Gay Couples Face New Issues. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Brian Mathers calls his husband Isidro in Mexico from his living room in Sioux City, Iowa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 15, 2013
The immigration process is strangling in bureaucracy and Court Precedents to the point of being needlessly complex and, let's admit it, irrational.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#3 Jul 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
The immigration process is strangling in bureaucracy and Court Precedents to the point of being needlessly complex and, let's admit it, irrational.
I agree. As you know I am in S. Florida. Cubans get an exprees pass into this country.

Haitians, Dominicans and nearly any other Latin American or person from a Carri bean nations face far greater challenges to stay here than Cubans.

Yet all we ever here the bigots complain about are Mexicans, most of who came here legally or have had families here since before we made the Louisiana Purchase. They complain about the jobs the Latinos take from Americans. As Curteese has often pointed out he'll be glad to hire anyone to clean his toilets. But for most Americans manual labor is looked down on.

To me the main problem isn't the illegal immigrants but the companies that hire them and the Governments that refuse to prosecute these companies.

If the money wasn't here they wouldn't be coming.

I am very glad that now, even couples like Brian Mathers and his husband, Isidro now have the same rules that any other bi-national couple has.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 15, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. As you know I am in S. Florida. Cubans get an exprees pass into this country.
Haitians, Dominicans and nearly any other Latin American or person from a Carri bean nations face far greater challenges to stay here than Cubans.
Yet all we ever here the bigots complain about are Mexicans, most of who came here legally or have had families here since before we made the Louisiana Purchase. They complain about the jobs the Latinos take from Americans. As Curteese has often pointed out he'll be glad to hire anyone to clean his toilets. But for most Americans manual labor is looked down on.
To me the main problem isn't the illegal immigrants but the companies that hire them and the Governments that refuse to prosecute these companies.
If the money wasn't here they wouldn't be coming.
I am very glad that now, even couples like Brian Mathers and his husband, Isidro now have the same rules that any other bi-national couple has.
NPR's "All Things Considered" just did a piece on some BlackAmerican resistance to the current Immigration Bill.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min No Surprise 8,435
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 48 min No Surprise 571
Gay/Bi Skype? 51 min thetylercyr67 17
SHOUT OUT TO FRANKIe RIZZO 1 hr Charlie 2
News ABC plans a Riot to mark the 40th anniversary o... 1 hr Charlie 5
News Trump bans transgender people from military 1 hr Xavier 342
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 2 hr Xavier 39
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 53,741
More from around the web