African religious leaders reject Obamaa s call to decriminalize homosexuality

Full story: Religion News Service

NAIROBI, Kenya Religious leaders in Africa strongly rebuked President Obama's call to decriminalize homosexuality, suggesting it's the reason why he received a less-than-warm welcome during a recent trip to the continent.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cargill

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

thats what we called investment.
Dont be hatin

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>The US government needs to stop using our money to help other nations. Let them help themselves and we should mind our own business.

Obama thinks he's some kind of World Emperor emboldened with power and can spend OUR hard earned money anyway he wants.
This goes to show that he is a wimp
Truth wins over zionism

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Trisha wrote:
Obama thinks he's some kind of World Emperor emboldened with power
and can spend OUR hard earned money anyway he wants.
You voted him in office.

And yes, he does and he does too.
Dont be hatin

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Nooooooooo, I have a job. I work for myself, by myself. I have my own WC ins. It wasn't me

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wins over zionism wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted him in office.
No I didn't, Liar.
BB board

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

UNHCR wrote:
instead of spouting things in this forum,why don't you all go to the africa.they are struggling too.help them,educate them.it's the least we can do.
Sounds like the Africans already know the difference between right and wrong.
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

BB board wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the Africans already know the difference between right and wrong.
Obama cant push his queer ideas on them!why is it that the so called educated are those that believe in queers being okay?maybe the Obama lovers need to look into Obama and holder at the Chicago bath house?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

BB board wrote:
Blessings on the Africans!
Guess the "Religious Leaders' of Christian Africans used these pages for toilet paper just like you do:
Matthew 25:31-46
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

and Luke 10:25-37
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus.“Teacher,” he asked,“what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied.“How do you read it?”

27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus,“And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said:“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper.‘Look after him,’ he said,‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied,“The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him,“Go and do likewise.”

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Truthsayer777 wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017...
So if I jump through all your man made hoops I get to spend eternity with people like you?

I'll pass thanks. I'm a Christian. My idea of heaven isn't spending eternity with people who tried to kill me.
Swinging from Vines

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

UNHCR wrote:
uneducated people are hard to handle.believe me.but it's not their fault.but its up to us to help them, to educate them.after all being gay is not going to help them at all, instead you are making its worst by helping to spread the disease itself(HIV)?at least you educate them to practice safe sex first.
Bejeebers! Did you just get off the boat?
Are you cannibalistic too?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

UNHCR wrote:
instead of propagandized the side issues, why don't the US government try to help the african by investing.Provide them crop seeds, provide them the advanced agricultural equipment and efficient & sustainable agriculture/husbandry practices, perhaps that's could help them.even the China try to tap the wealth in the african nation.
But of course, the US govt would be hesitated as they would not want to transfer the technology freely.Once again it's getting back to square one.no wonder China are getting ahead.
Are you really that ignorant?

The U.S. provides $Billions in aid to Africa.
Money, Agricultural machinery, water purification and other technologies, more than Russia and China.

Bush tripled aid to Africa and Obama has pledged $5.4Billion Euros to help combat power shortages.

We're paying for roads, rural development and training tens of thousands commercial farmers as well as providing food, seeds and fertilizer.

How much more do you expect us to do?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bring color which he never mentioned?
That was BB's idea of sarcastic humor.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Bama Yankee wrote:
Bush tripled aid to Africa ...
... and despite that Conye West accused him of hating Afican Americans after Katrina.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>So if I jump through all your man made hoops I get to spend eternity with people like you?
I'll pass thanks. I'm a Christian. My idea of heaven isn't spending eternity with people who tried to kill me.
Sorry you feel so bitter. Those weren't true Christians, obviously. True Christians don't try to kill people, right?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Sex with animals? He did not say gays.
As for Africa, you know the people who spread Christianity and brought it to Europe, the Sumerians. The people who learned and mastered pyramid building, astronomy, math, science, medicine, reading and writing. Basically, everything that whites learned from blacks.
Hate to burst your bubble but Sumerians were Caucasians, not Blacks.
Persians and Greeks were largely responsible for astronomy, math, science and medicine in the ancient world. They weren't black either.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Portia the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Based on your discrimination mode, Jews and Blacks should hate all white people and should send all of them back to Europe or the Neverlands (sic).
Based on MY discrimination mode? That's rich coming from someone who wants AG's prosecuted for not defending DOMA laws and yet wants county clerks exempt from prosecution for refusing to do their jobs!

Your spin control got you in this mess and you still thinks it's working?

Too funny and so wonderful for me to watch.

BTW Miss Bible thumper how come you haven't posted any Bible verses that give you all wiggle room when the Bible itself tells you to obey civil laws?

And I'd LOVE to see the one that gets you out of the Hell you yourself preach from Matthew 25:31-46.

It always amuses me when a goat tries to tell me they are a lamb.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

The tactics the anti gays used so successfully,(divide the flock, beat the figurative hell out of the sheep you don't like and pray that the ones you do like, like you.) began to fail 5 years ago perhaps even sooner. Yet the anti gays still think it's working. As someone else noted on the "Cuccinelli Won't Back Down From Calling Gays Self-Destructive, Soulless" thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH8RIMCSV...

Post# 20
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Cuccinelli has cast his lot with the right wing Christians that predominate in the state and is praying like mad that enough of them are going to show up at the polls for him to win. He's convinced himself that God blesses this tactic, divide the flock, beat the figurative hell out of the sheep you don't like and pray that the ones you do like, like you.

DNF wrote: Well put. And so true. This is getting insane. They keep doing the same thing over and over, failing, and yet each time they expect a different result.

Isn't there a 12 step program for people like that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••