Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze n...

Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze needs to hold players accountable for insensitive behavior

There are 15 comments on the sports.yahoo.com story from Oct 4, 2013, titled Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze needs to hold players accountable for insensitive behavior. In it, sports.yahoo.com reports that:

"Many members of an audience of mostly Ole Miss students, including an estimated 20 Ole Miss football players, openly disrespected and disrupted the Ole Miss theater department's production of 'The Laramie Project' Tuesday night at the Meek Auditorium. "Cast members of the play, which is about an openly gay male who was murdered in Laramie County in Wyoming, said members of the audience became so disruptive at times that they struggled completing the play.

"According to the play's director and theater faculty member Rory Ledbetter, some audience members used derogatory slurs like 'fag' and heckled both cast members and the characters they were portraying for their body types and sexual orientations. Ledbetter said the audience's reactions included 'borderline hate speech.' "

OK, Hugh Freeze. Time to lead.

Lead your football players at Mississippi out of ignorance and into understanding. Lead your young men toward accountability. Show that the remarkably, distressingly resilient track record for intolerance at Ole Miss can be changed for the better.

Because if ever a situation cries out for a coach to set the tone of team behavior, and to firmly establish what is acceptable and unacceptable, it's the situation at Ole Miss today. This is no time for soft-peddling it. There is a reputation at stake for a team, a university and a state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at sports.yahoo.com.

Art

San Antonio, TX

#1 Oct 4, 2013
Miss Ass Piss Pee.

The only southern hospitality those people is to make sure the hangman's rope knot is over the jugular vein.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#3 Oct 4, 2013
I wonder how many of those meathead morons were black.

I'm sure the irony is lost on them, how Loser Miss used to be "whites only".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Meredith

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 5, 2013
They all need to be EXPELLED, and forbidden from setting a big floppy toe on the college campus. They also ALL need to write a complete apology to each cast member.

They acted like a bunch of 9 year olds who lost a T-ball game.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Oct 5, 2013
The 20 offending players should be sidelined and made to dress out in new uniforms for public view
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Oct 5, 2013
I'm gay, live in Arizona, and am a big NFL fan.

I just read a few hours ago, for the first time, that NFL free agent Kerry Rhodes, who played for the Arizona Cardinals until just recently, is gay. I read that the Arizona Cardinals released him BECAUSE he is gay. I hope another team signs him.

If they DID release him simply because he's gay, it goes a long way in explaining why NFL players are reluctant to come out. Doing so could cost them their careers and millions of dollars.
Billy Boi

United States

#8 Oct 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I'm gay, live in Arizona, and am a big NFL fan.
I just read a few hours ago, for the first time, that NFL free agent Kerry Rhodes, who played for the Arizona Cardinals until just recently, is gay. I read that the Arizona Cardinals released him BECAUSE he is gay. I hope another team signs him.
If they DID release him simply because he's gay, it goes a long way in explaining why NFL players are reluctant to come out. Doing so could cost them their careers and millions of dollars.
I hope it's true that they fired him because he's gay, it will serve notice to the rest the players that you better not turn queer!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Oct 5, 2013
Billy Boi wrote:
<quoted text> I hope it's true that they fired him because he's gay, it will serve notice to the rest the players that you better not turn queer!!!
Oh really! When did YOU turn queer?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Oct 5, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Fagg@t have no place in sports
WOW

Someone obviously has no life.

Is there a thread you AREN'T ON ?!

Location hidden

#13 Oct 5, 2013
fr Florida Gator:

>F***** have no place in sports<

Gee, you must be a barrel of laughs at parties, little one, with your continual lying.

FYI, Billie Jean King and Martina Navatarova (sp?) are GAY women, and have accomplished a great deal in sports. You sound jealous.

Location hidden

#15 Oct 6, 2013
fr Florida Gator:

>They su:ck<

Jealous, are we? Martina would wipe the court clean with you, in just 1 match.
Gremlin

Hermitage, PA

#17 Oct 6, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on Bull Dyke. Them wannabe men can't even compare to a real man.
Let us know when you find one, b*tch.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#21 Oct 9, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
When I find a real man, it damn sure won't be a fagg@t. Fagg@ts are not real men.
Oh, you prefer straight men. Be sure to shave your legs and put on your prettiest dress.
Mikey

Chesapeake, OH

#22 Oct 9, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you prefer straight men. Be sure to shave your legs and put on your prettiest dress.
You're thinking like a perverted fagg@t. Settle down.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#23 Oct 9, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
You're thinking like a perverted fagg@t. Settle down.
Mikey? Florida Gator? The *ss Troll Stopper? There are plenty of therapists who treat confused individuals like yourself.
Mikey

Chesapeake, OH

#24 Oct 9, 2013
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>Mikey? Florida Gator? The *ss Troll Stopper? There are plenty of therapists who treat confused individuals like yourself.
Your mental illness is showing again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 min No Surprise 8,435
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 48 min No Surprise 571
Gay/Bi Skype? 51 min thetylercyr67 17
SHOUT OUT TO FRANKIe RIZZO 1 hr Charlie 2
News ABC plans a Riot to mark the 40th anniversary o... 1 hr Charlie 5
News Trump bans transgender people from military 1 hr Xavier 342
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 2 hr Xavier 39
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Respect71 53,741
More from around the web