Mefferd: Pagans Seek To Destroy Chris...

Mefferd: Pagans Seek To Destroy Christianity Through Homosexuality | Lez Get Real

There are 53 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Oct 18, 2011, titled Mefferd: Pagans Seek To Destroy Christianity Through Homosexuality | Lez Get Real. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The Pagans are coming and they are bringing the 'horrors' of abortion, feminism, homosexuality and the destruction of marriage with them! Well, at least according to Janet Mefferd who has also declared in the past that pagans are using homosexuality to "wipe out Christianity". Of course, what Mefferd has shown is that this really is a First ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#1 Oct 18, 2011
I just love it when the "christians" get their panties all in a bunch over how unstable and easily toppled their "faith" is.

Do they REALLY have so little faith in their beliefs that what other people do and believe will "wipe out" their religion??

Apparently they *don't* really believe all that Bible stuff, huh? If they did, they're be more sure of themselves and not so terrified of what other people are doing, wouldn't they?

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 18, 2011
eJohn wrote:
I just love it when the "christians" get their panties all in a bunch over how unstable and easily toppled their "faith" is.
Do they REALLY have so little faith in their beliefs that what other people do and believe will "wipe out" their religion??
Apparently they *don't* really believe all that Bible stuff, huh? If they did, they're be more sure of themselves and not so terrified of what other people are doing, wouldn't they?
We Christians know evil, like abortion, homosexuality paganism etc WILL be crushed and driven back into hell .
Glynn

Saint Helens, UK

#3 Oct 18, 2011
MMMM so where can I join this Pagan thang?
Sounds wonderful!
Sir Andrew

Ardmore, OK

#4 Oct 18, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text> We Christians know evil, like abortion, homosexuality paganism etc WILL be crushed and driven back into hell .
And those of us with functioning IQs know that the evil that is christianity will be crushed and sent to the dustbins of history once thinking people get the courage to stand up and say "Enough!" It is absurd to run a society based on the precepts set out in a fairy tale. Christianity is a personality cult that deserves to die. And once dead, it will not, as did their mythical saviour, rise again three days later.

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 18, 2011
Sir Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
And those of us with functioning IQs know that the evil that is christianity will be crushed and sent to the dustbins of history once thinking people get the courage to stand up and say "Enough!" It is absurd to run a society based on the precepts set out in a fairy tale. Christianity is a personality cult that deserves to die. And once dead, it will not, as did their mythical saviour, rise again three days later.
Sucks to be you . You are dead wrong

“A Militant Homosexual”

Since: Jan 07

West Hollywood, California

#6 Oct 18, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>Sucks to be you . You are dead wrong
Christianity is nothing more than a Jewish Doomsday Cult that got thrown out of Temple some 1900 years ago. Christians were lunatics then and, like you, they're lunatics now...

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#7 Oct 18, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
We Christians know evil, like abortion, homosexuality paganism etc WILL be crushed and driven back into hell .
Then what are people like you, and this Janet Mefferd, even worried about? If you're SO SURE that it CAN'T happen, if you JUST KNOW that Christianity is unassailable, then it seems like a silly waste of effort to spend ANY time fretting over what you DON'T see as a possible threat.

If you CLAIM that Christianity is undefeatable under any and all circumstances, but then you BEHAVE as though it MUST be defended with warrior-like ferocity, then you reveal your TRUE belief that Christianity IS actually frail, fragile, and in NEED of defense. By championing the need for its protection, you admit that it is weak. If your religion were TRULY strong and unbreakable, it would need NO defense, and you could forever sit back comfortably and smugly in the face of futile attack.

And I think you'd be hard-pressed to describe what is "evil" about homosexuality, WITHOUT resorting to the simplistic "god said so" response. Evil comes from the desire to harm others, either physically, or by taking something from them, like their property or their freedom. Are gay people doing any of this to you? Does the love I have for my partner leave you beaten and bloody in the streets? If I enjoy the sight of a man in a Speedo, does that cause you to be tied to a fence post and left for dead? Has your pocket been picked, or have you been enslaved, because someone is gay?

There is no "evil" in consenting adults making mutual decisions for their own lives, whether YOU would make similar decisions or not. The only "evil" I see is the presumption of superstitious people to try to dictate and control the lives of perfect strangers, or the efforts to vilify and ostracize people who are not committing any crimes.

If you enjoy your religion, and you choose to follow its commands, then that's fine for YOU. But it is flat WRONG for you to attempt to IMPOSE your beliefs onto other free citizens who do NOT share them. Your religion creates its OWN evil, by busying itself with the meddling into the lives of non-adherents.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#8 Oct 18, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text> We Christians know evil, like abortion, homosexuality paganism etc WILL be crushed and driven back into hell .
Then why do you spend so much time trying to get laws passed to force the government to oppress gay people?? Is your God so weak that He can't take care of the gays Himself if He wanted to?
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Oct 18, 2011
I feel like the pro-gay don't know what to attack, what to pay attention to and what to ignore, but at least this is a start.

This is one of the more screechingly laughable things any "christian" individual or group could ever say, because at least in America, paganism is absolutely and unquestionably protected by the first amendment. The same umbrella that covers christianity or any other religion automatically protects paganism. This is constitutionally and legally incontrovertible *no matter* what false witness the "christians" bear (as they constantly and unendingly do; it is the commandment they most frequently and most gleefully break, as if that commandment did not remotely exist).

Why, then, is this so laughable? Because it represents nothing more than some "christian" crying because ANY other religion has a perceived supremacy over "christianity." Shades of the anti-gay animus all over again: The pro-gay are correct about many things, and one of them is that "christianity" wants a core, unquestioned "power" and authority over the lives of EVERYONE.

Nothing, trust me, drives the anti-gay madder than the fact that gay people are living their lives precisely as they see fit. One of the things I think the pro-gay are doing VERY, VERY wrong is that they should be rubbing this *hourly* into the faces of the anti-gay, NO MATTER HOW IT LOOKS. It's ridiculous to me that anyone would believe I say these things for no reason or without *specific* reason: You people don't get it. I am watching you, daily, not get it. The "religious" message, at its core, is ceaseless and obsessive: You are wrong, you are wrong, you are wrong, you are sinful, you are terrible. That message never stops being broadcast ten thousand times per hour.

I would be much prouder of the pro-gay if they were broadcasting *as ceaselessly and obsessively* a message that they refused to back down on, refused refused refused: You are lying, you are lying, you are lying, we are correct, we are free, what you tell us is useless, prejudiced, rapist filth, we will not be burdened as you are, you will *watch us* live our lives as we see fit on an hourly basis.

I also think this would help the teens more, and could (?) reduce the number of teen suicides.

The pro-gay need a message as powerful, incontrovertible, mulishly stubborn, obsessive and ceaseless as the anti-gay have, and they need to *STOP* fearing shoving it in everyone's faces every single day, turning around CEASELESSLY and explaining to the world that they will stop when the anti-gay stop their harassment, abuse, and Nazi behavior.

Thank you.:D

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#10 Oct 18, 2011
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what are people like you, and this Janet Mefferd, even worried about? If you're SO SURE that it CAN'T happen, if you JUST KNOW that Christianity is unassailable, then it seems like a silly waste of effort to spend ANY time fretting over what you DON'T see as a possible threat.
If you CLAIM that Christianity is undefeatable under any and all circumstances, but then you BEHAVE as though it MUST be defended with warrior-like ferocity, then you reveal your TRUE belief that Christianity IS actually frail, fragile, and in NEED of defense. By championing the need for its protection, you admit that it is weak. If your religion were TRULY strong and unbreakable, it would need NO defense, and you could forever sit back comfortably and smugly in the face of futile attack.
And I think you'd be hard-pressed to describe what is "evil" about homosexuality, WITHOUT resorting to the simplistic "god said so" response. Evil comes from the desire to harm others, either physically, or by taking something from them, like their property or their freedom. Are gay people doing any of this to you? Does the love I have for my partner leave you beaten and bloody in the streets? If I enjoy the sight of a man in a Speedo, does that cause you to be tied to a fence post and left for dead? Has your pocket been picked, or have you been enslaved, because someone is gay?
There is no "evil" in consenting adults making mutual decisions for their own lives, whether YOU would make similar decisions or not. The only "evil" I see is the presumption of superstitious people to try to dictate and control the lives of perfect strangers, or the efforts to vilify and ostracize people who are not committing any crimes.
If you enjoy your religion, and you choose to follow its commands, then that's fine for YOU. But it is flat WRONG for you to attempt to IMPOSE your beliefs onto other free citizens who do NOT share them. Your religion creates its OWN evil, by busying itself with the meddling into the lives of non-adherents.
Brilliant! Well said.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Oct 18, 2011

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#12 Oct 18, 2011
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what are people like you, and this Janet Mefferd, even worried about? If you're SO SURE that it CAN'T happen, if you JUST KNOW that Christianity is unassailable, then it seems like a silly waste of effort to spend ANY time fretting over what you DON'T see as a possible threat.
If you CLAIM that Christianity is undefeatable under any and all circumstances, but then you BEHAVE as though it MUST be defended with warrior-like ferocity, then you reveal your TRUE belief that Christianity IS actually frail, fragile, and in NEED of defense. By championing the need for its protection, you admit that it is weak. If your religion were TRULY strong and unbreakable, it would need NO defense, and you could forever sit back comfortably and smugly in the face of futile attack.
And I think you'd be hard-pressed to describe what is "evil" about homosexuality, WITHOUT resorting to the simplistic "god said so" response. Evil comes from the desire to harm others, either physically, or by taking something from them, like their property or their freedom. Are gay people doing any of this to you? Does the love I have for my partner leave you beaten and bloody in the streets? If I enjoy the sight of a man in a Speedo, does that cause you to be tied to a fence post and left for dead? Has your pocket been picked, or have you been enslaved, because someone is gay?
There is no "evil" in consenting adults making mutual decisions for their own lives, whether YOU would make similar decisions or not. The only "evil" I see is the presumption of superstitious people to try to dictate and control the lives of perfect strangers, or the efforts to vilify and ostracize people who are not committing any crimes.
If you enjoy your religion, and you choose to follow its commands, then that's fine for YOU. But it is flat WRONG for you to attempt to IMPOSE your beliefs onto other free citizens who do NOT share them. Your religion creates its OWN evil, by busying itself with the meddling into the lives of non-adherents.
I salute you, brother! What a magnificent post! I will seek out your comments in future.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Oct 19, 2011
What isn't clear in peoples' minds is that there is a huge difference between "christianity" and "christendom", though the latter uses the former for it's rationale, it's psychosocial influence and as a result it's political powerbase.

Human structures, especially political ones are dependent upon the shared force of people. Control the mind. If not the mind, then the feelings. Since most people are controlled to a great extent by their feelings, if you've got the feelings you also to a certain extent control of the minds.

Christendom has 2000yrs of experience to draw on.

So do we ... if we study them well enough.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14 Oct 19, 2011
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what are people like you, and this Janet Mefferd, even worried about? If you're SO SURE that it CAN'T happen, if you JUST KNOW that Christianity is unassailable, then it seems like a silly waste of effort to spend ANY time fretting over what you DON'T see as a possible threat.
If you CLAIM that Christianity is undefeatable under any and all circumstances, but then you BEHAVE as though it MUST be defended with warrior-like ferocity, then you reveal your TRUE belief that Christianity IS actually frail, fragile, and in NEED of defense. By championing the need for its protection, you admit that it is weak. If your religion were TRULY strong and unbreakable, it would need NO defense, and you could forever sit back comfortably and smugly in the face of futile attack.
And I think you'd be hard-pressed to describe what is "evil" about homosexuality, WITHOUT resorting to the simplistic "god said so" response. Evil comes from the desire to harm others, either physically, or by taking something from them, like their property or their freedom. Are gay people doing any of this to you? Does the love I have for my partner leave you beaten and bloody in the streets? If I enjoy the sight of a man in a Speedo, does that cause you to be tied to a fence post and left for dead? Has your pocket been picked, or have you been enslaved, because someone is gay?
There is no "evil" in consenting adults making mutual decisions for their own lives, whether YOU would make similar decisions or not. The only "evil" I see is the presumption of superstitious people to try to dictate and control the lives of perfect strangers, or the efforts to vilify and ostracize people who are not committing any crimes.
If you enjoy your religion, and you choose to follow its commands, then that's fine for YOU. But it is flat WRONG for you to attempt to IMPOSE your beliefs onto other free citizens who do NOT share them. Your religion creates its OWN evil, by busying itself with the meddling into the lives of non-adherents.
Well said.
Ocean56

AOL

#15 Oct 19, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
We Christians know evil, like abortion, homosexuality paganism etc WILL be crushed and driven back into hell.
Yeah, knutty, good luck with that. The catholic church can't torture and murder people for so-called "heresy" anymore. So there's no way you can "crush" things YOU and the church don't like.

By the way, it is religionist KOOKS like yourself that make people realize that sexual and reproductive FREEDOM is much better than the miseries of religionist slavery and REJECT the oppressive and abusive doctrines of the catholic church. Keep up the good work. The more people who choose freedom over slavery the better.
Ocean56

AOL

#16 Oct 19, 2011
eJohn wrote:
Then why do you spend so much time trying to get laws passed to force the government to oppress gay people?? Is your God so weak that He can't take care of the gays Himself if He wanted to?
To answer your second question, YES, I think it is. As for your first, I'm not so sure. I have some ideas, but they may be incorrect.
Kenosis

Norwalk, CT

#17 Oct 19, 2011
Colorado 4 life wrote:
<quoted text> We Christians know evil, like abortion, homosexuality paganism etc WILL be crushed and driven back into hell .
Hel/hell isn't in the bible dimwit. You're excellent at lying on behalf of your faith.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#18 Oct 19, 2011
Fundamentalist "christians" are not really Christians in that they do not follow the Commandments that Christ delivered for God on Earth. They do not even understand the real reason He came. They muddy up the waters to keep themselves elevated above all others, because they know to really follow Jesus they would have to humble themselves, and that would never do for them. Sad,really.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#19 Oct 19, 2011
For the record, we Pagans don't care about 'destroying' Christianity. We just care about not having the laws of a secular country full of every religion, or no religion at all, based upon it.

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20 Oct 19, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min TomInElPaso 56,204
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 15 min Magic Utah Uwear 62
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 37 min neighbor 2,429
News 'Christian Militant' Hopes More Police Officers... 55 min Just Think 9
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 59 min Imprtnrd 27
News Egypt arrests 7 gay men who raised rainbow flag... 1 hr Truth Hurts 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr old_moose 10,377
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 1 hr Wondering 227
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 3 hr Wondering 63
More from around the web