Utah Man Goes on Hunger Strike to Sto...

Utah Man Goes on Hunger Strike to Stop Gay Marriage

There are 131 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 3, 2014, titled Utah Man Goes on Hunger Strike to Stop Gay Marriage. In it, EDGE reports that:

A man from Utah is hoping his hunger strike will halt state officials from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, ABC's Salt Lake City affiliate KTVX reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#166 Jan 11, 2014
Another dead thread.

Since: Jun 13

Fredonia, NY

#167 Jan 17, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I find it very telling that you demand we tolerate your beliefs and lifestyles while being completely intolerant of ours. I think you've proven who the real "bigot" is here.
The only thing I demand is equality for everyone under the sun, and that does not make me a bigot. You may want to look the word up in the dictionary. The man going on a hunger strike is doing so to make sure other people don't share the same rights he enjoys under the law. That is extremely bigoted and stems from hate. Much like your reply...

You and he are certainly entitled to your beliefs but you are not entitled to inflict them on others, and denying them rights and privileges you have, setting yourself up as superior. It is never going to effect you one way or another if someone else can get married. To claim it does just shows an extreme lack of intelligence and wisdom...

Fredonia, NY

#168 Jan 18, 2014
The latest headline:

"The Utah man who vowed to starve himself until his state nullified a judge’s ruling striking down a gay marriage ban is eating again. Next time, he’s giving up football."

Let it be noted, the ruling wasn't reversed, which is what he said was necessary before he would start eating again, things were put on hold. But hey, if he doesn't get his way after things start moving forward again, he's willing to give up football?! What a flippant way to say, "I was never really serious in the first place. I just wanted attention for my bigotry..."

Just like a three year old holding his breath until he gets his way...

Location hidden

#169 Jan 18, 2014
jiiij wrote:
The latest headline:
"The Utah man who vowed to starve himself until his state nullified a judge’s ruling striking down a gay marriage ban is eating again. Next time, he’s giving up football."
Let it be noted, the ruling wasn't reversed, which is what he said was necessary before he would start eating again, things were put on hold. But hey, if he doesn't get his way after things start moving forward again, he's willing to give up football?! What a flippant way to say, "I was never really serious in the first place. I just wanted attention for my bigotry..."
Just like a three year old holding his breath until he gets his way...
The poor deluded guy can't distinguish between Gandhi's hunger strikes for MORE Justice, MORE non-violence, MORE inclusion of all, MORE peace, and his wish to limit others in all these areas.

I'm glad he's eating again.

Let's all send him gift certificates to Chick-fil-a.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#170 Jan 18, 2014
snyper wrote:
The poor deluded guy can't distinguish between Gandhi's hunger strikes for MORE Justice, MORE non-violence, MORE inclusion of all, MORE peace, and his wish to limit others in all these areas.
I'm glad he's eating again.
Let's all send him gift certificates to Chick-fil-a.
He ordered pizza, or one of his fans sent him one when he asked. For that they go to Domino's, Ave Maria.

Fredonia, NY

#171 Jan 18, 2014
Actually he had a yogurt and posed for the picture. He went back on everything he started in this so called mission from God. I have no respect for him.

Fredonia, NY

#172 Jan 18, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I find it very telling that you demand we tolerate your beliefs and lifestyles while being completely intolerant of ours. I think you've proven who the real "bigot" is here.
I have to say, at least you chose an appropriate screen name. "Sneaky" has a connotation of deception, and "Pete" is short for "Peter" guess what that refers to...

After selecting that name you put up a picture of Clint Eastwood instead of yourself there just doesn't seem to be anything respectable about you...

"Sneaky Pete" translates to "Dishonest Dick"

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#173 Jan 18, 2014
jiiij wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say, at least you chose an appropriate screen name. "Sneaky" has a connotation of deception, and "Pete" is short for "Peter" guess what that refers to...
After selecting that name you put up a picture of Clint Eastwood instead of yourself there just doesn't seem to be anything respectable about you...
"Sneaky Pete" translates to "Dishonest Dick"
That's to funny:-)

Fredonia, NY

#174 Jan 19, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That's to funny:-)
The funniest part is he's probably just in the closet. "Me thinks thou dost protest too much." Hopefully, he'll learn, or at least learn to stop telling others they have to agree with him or go to hell...

Probably too much to ask for...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#175 Jan 19, 2014
jiiij wrote:
<quoted text>
The funniest part is he's probably just in the closet. "Me thinks thou dost protest too much." Hopefully, he'll learn, or at least learn to stop telling others they have to agree with him or go to hell...
Probably too much to ask for...
Funny how they think WE should be always so tolerant of them telling us daily that their religious beliefs have some say in the laws of this Country and that their way is the ONLY way.......well, I'm fairly tolerant of their right to post their opinion, but that's ALL it is......their OPINION and NOTHING else!!!

Have a great day:-)

Location hidden

#176 Jan 19, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how they think WE should be always so tolerant of them telling us daily that their religious beliefs have some say in the laws of this Country and that their way is the ONLY way.......well, I'm fairly tolerant of their right to post their opinion, but that's ALL it is......their OPINION and NOTHING else!!!
Have a great day:-)
Right!

When will they understand that I'm the continental dominion (though currently on extended vacation in Ireland), and it's MY opinion that matters, and is the only one that does.

So there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump bans Transgenders from the military 5 min Wondering 2
News Couple on vacation in Italy turned away from gu... 36 min Charlie 3
News Protesters demonstrated near Seoul's gay pride ... 56 min Ralph 2
News 'Revolutionary': Study of gay couples shows HIV... 1 hr Charlie 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr The FACTory 7,015
News Canning is 1st Republican to announce run for 1... 2 hr cil 2
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 2 hr RalphB 31
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 52,190
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 10 hr TomInElPaso 13
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... Mon TomInElPaso 108
More from around the web