Gay marriage could be on CO ballots

Jul 14, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Vail Daily News

A constitutional amendment to repeal Colorado's gay marriage ban and replace it with language saying marriage is allowed regardless of sex could be headed to the 2012 ballot.

Comments (Page 19)

Showing posts 361 - 380 of618
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please refer me to a lawyer who can write a legal contract that will allow me to stop paying federal taxes on my husband's health benefits. Please find a contract that will enable him to receive my Social Security benefits should I predecease him. Please show how we can get recognition for wrongful death in states that don't recognize our relationship.
You can't, but you'll continue to lie about legal contracts replacing marriage, anyway. Because that's what you are: a liar.
Liar? Gays have been getting married and united in this Country for decades WITHOUT government recognition. That is fact.
Define the relationship and get whatever legal terms you want for it, but the fact remains… Marriage does NOT fit the gay relationship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust that is what you believe, but it is not the case. A large segment of the GOP wants to re-criminalize homosexuality and put policies into place that would ensure its enforcement. The Texas GOP even officially adopted the initiative as part of its platform. Should something like that happen, people like me would be sent to prison and then discriminated against as felons after release. That would include denial of the right to vote, employment and housing discrimination, and who knows what else... maybe even having to register as a sex-offender.
With that said, fortunately the ruling in Lawrence versus Texas forbade states from criminalizing consensual adult sexual activity in private, but there is still an open question there about how the ruling applies to public displays of affection. In fact, many anti-sodomy laws are still in force only because those laws criminalize such things as two men kissing in a park. The threat is serious.
Respectfully you are paranoid. I am very involved in communities, government and GOP and “anti-sodomy laws” aren’t anywhere near the top of these agendas.

All Americans face legal issues and to act as though gays are the only ones is sad.
Again, I advocate for gays.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You can state all you want what you think gay marriages are, but that does not make it a simple statement, and really, unless you're gay you don't have any business defining for me what my marriage is, whether in a social, religious and especially not in a civil context. Regardless, bans on gay marriage are only the start, and what proponents of civil unions fail to realize is that by defining us as different, we are in fact putting that definition into law. The consequences unto people's rights are without limit. There are people who say they want to ban gay marriage , but what really motivates them is a desire to BAN US!
And yes, it really does happen... All across the US the LGBT community, we are at times are treated like second-class citizens, and sometimes the law is on the side of the perpetrators. How do you think it is like being a member of a significant minority that is still the only group in The US it is legally permissible to discriminate against in almost every way?
So I can’t relate to you “unless [I’m] gay”? And “[I] don't have any business defining for [you] what [your] marriage is”? Why is that? Is it because we are DIFFERENT? I’m married and your same-sex married. So there is NO way I can understand you. I acknowledged that fact from the start and offered a solution… but you keep INSISTING on re-defining marriage to fit your relationship when it doesn’t.

Just to be clear, there are NO BANS on same-sex marriage in America.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>typical dumbazz fundie... won't face the discrimination that his kind evoke here in the states.... notice when confronted with facts he runs to iran and uganda.... you suck fucktard
It's discrimination that's appropriate, but you can't face that fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>btw d!ckcheese christian we are talking about the USA... focus and try to keep up morazz bigot
You're foul and far worse of a bigot.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Sorry honey, provide cites, not sites.

There is a great difference but no surprise coming from you. Your eighth grade teacher laughed at your attempt so hard she fell out of her chair and broke her hip. Shame on you.
Respect71 wrote:

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can’t relate to you “unless [I’m] gay”?
Yes and no. You can try to relate, but you do not walk in these shoes.
Respect71 wrote:
And “[I] don't have any business defining for [you] what [your] marriage is”?
Emphatically, YES.
Respect71 wrote:
Why is that?
Because your rights end where my nose begins.
Respect71 wrote:
Is it because we are DIFFERENT? I’m married and your same-sex married.
We can relate as either men or married men, but regarding sexual orientation, I do not walk in your shoes, and neither do you walk in mine.
Respect71 wrote:
So there is NO way I can understand you.
You can try, but I don't see you trying very hard to. Apparently, the definition of a word is more important to you than how people's lives are affected by it.
Respect71 wrote:
I acknowledged that fact from the start and offered a solution… but you keep INSISTING on re-defining marriage to fit your relationship when it doesn’t.
Just to be clear, there are NO BANS on same-sex marriage in America.
No bans on gay marriage? Check your stats... I think was last count about 32 states that ban gay marriage? Some like Louisiana ban civil unions and gay marriage via a constitutional amendment. DOMA bans Federal recognition of same-sex marriage. Civilly, the US is rife with bans on gay marriage.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's discrimination that's appropriate, but you can't face that fact.
and i agree then.. the death of christians is perfectly appropriate...

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're foul and far worse of a bigot.
i never claimed to not hate you mother f##ker.. at 45 years old i no longer want your christardo blessings.. i want your blood

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

TomInElPaso wrote:
Sorry honey, provide cites, not sites.
There is a great difference but no surprise coming from you. Your eighth grade teacher laughed at your attempt so hard she fell out of her chair and broke her hip. Shame on you.
<quoted text>
Keep up your insults…“Gay” or “same-sex” marriage, will ALWAYS only be “gay” or “same-sex” Marriage, by the detective nature of the relationship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes and no. You can try to relate, but you do not walk in these shoes.
<quoted text>
Emphatically, YES.
<quoted text>
Because your rights end where my nose begins.
<quoted text>
We can relate as either men or married men, but regarding sexual orientation, I do not walk in your shoes, and neither do you walk in mine.
<quoted text>
You can try, but I don't see you trying very hard to. Apparently, the definition of a word is more important to you than how people's lives are affected by it.
<quoted text>
No bans on gay marriage? Check your stats... I think was last count about 32 states that ban gay marriage? Some like Louisiana ban civil unions and gay marriage via a constitutional amendment. DOMA bans Federal recognition of same-sex marriage. Civilly, the US is rife with bans on gay marriage.
“Yes and no. You can try to relate, but you do not walk in these shoes.” And you don’t walk in mine.

“Emphatically, YES.” Fine. I concur.

“We can relate as either men or married men, but regarding sexual orientation, I do not walk in your shoes, and neither do you walk in mine.” The answer is NO… You do not experience a wife (in all of her graceful glory, good and bad) and I am absolutely oblivious to what it’s like to relate to a man the way you do.

“You can try, but I don't see you trying very hard to. Apparently, the definition of a word is more important to you than how people's lives are affected by it.” Words have meaning and yes they affect peoples lives. If you are not willing to define your own relationship and fit it to who you are what makes you think that it’s positive to re-define marriage?

“No bans on gay marriage?”
Show us all the law, ordinance or otherwise that says,“this STATE, COUNTY or CITY BANS gays from getting married.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>and i agree then.. the death of christians is perfectly appropriate...
Bigot towards Christians.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>i never claimed to not hate you mother f##ker.. at 45 years old i no longer want your christardo blessings.. i want your blood
Bigot towards me.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Yes and no. You can try to relate, but you do not walk in these shoes.” And you don’t walk in mine.
“Emphatically, YES.” Fine. I concur.
“We can relate as either men or married men, but regarding sexual orientation, I do not walk in your shoes, and neither do you walk in mine.” The answer is NO… You do not experience a wife (in all of her graceful glory, good and bad) and I am absolutely oblivious to what it’s like to relate to a man the way you do.
“You can try, but I don't see you trying very hard to. Apparently, the definition of a word is more important to you than how people's lives are affected by it.” Words have meaning and yes they affect peoples lives. If you are not willing to define your own relationship and fit it to who you are what makes you think that it’s positive to re-define marriage?
“No bans on gay marriage?”
Show us all the law, ordinance or otherwise that says,“this STATE, COUNTY or CITY BANS gays from getting married.”
wow these condescending fucktard christardos wonder why islamic terrists blow them up.... wow... where are the suicide bombers when you need them

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>wow these condescending fucktard christardos wonder why islamic terrists blow them up.... wow... where are the suicide bombers when you need them
You've been reported

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reported
eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwhh i'm so worried

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reported
you gonna tell my mom toooo

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reported
say a prayer to your mythical superstition that he protects you from me

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Ernie wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you stinking queer lover before I come to your trailer and b!tch slap the sh!t out of you!
oh look its the little computer boy.... gee missed you last nite at club mercury... thought you were gonna show.... you know with your big bad "ANYTIME>> ANY PLACE... heck my friend even brought an extra clip for you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 361 - 380 of618
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••