Opposed to same-sex marriage, company...

Opposed to same-sex marriage, company ends wedding business

There are 381 comments on the www.baltimoresun.com story from Dec 25, 2012, titled Opposed to same-sex marriage, company ends wedding business. In it, www.baltimoresun.com reports that:

An Annapolis company whose old-fashioned trolleys are iconic in the city's wedding scene has abandoned the nuptial industry rather than serve same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.baltimoresun.com.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#31 Dec 26, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody has to educate you fking Fa$$ots.
For a guy (at least I think you are male) who refers to gay people as "fking Fa$$ots" you sure spend a lot of time here. If I hatet snakes I would not visit a reptile house at a zoo. So if you hate us, why are you here so much?
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Dec 26, 2012
Good for him wrote:
This man took a stand for God the rest of our country needs to do the same thing. Being gay is wrong and it's Good to see that there are still some good God fearing people in our great nation.
you're from KY - nuff said....dont you have a Tooth to brush?
AzAdam

Coleman Falls, VA

#39 Dec 26, 2012
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have you know I have all teeth in my Head I also have a Degree in Computer Programing so make all the comments you want about me being from Kentucky I still say your life style is wrong by what my bible says. You cannot be gay and enter into the kingdom of God. But you have every right to live your life the way you want just know that you will spend the after-life in hell if you don't repent of your sins which includes being gay.
Great. So you and this wedding vendor can agree I'm going to he'll and that I have the same right to marry my chosen partner as you.

I have no problem being condemned to hell as long as you give me equal rights while I'm in this life.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#40 Dec 26, 2012
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have you know I have all teeth in my Head I also have a Degree in Computer Programing so make all the comments you want about me being from Kentucky I still say your life style is wrong by what my bible says. You cannot be gay and enter into the kingdom of God. But you have every right to live your life the way you want just know that you will spend the after-life in hell if you don't repent of your sins which includes being gay.
Your religion sounds awfully hateful. "Be a fake heterosexual or burn in hell."

Not much of a choice.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#41 Dec 26, 2012
Good for him wrote:
This man took a stand for God the rest of our country needs to do the same thing. Being gay is wrong and it's Good to see that there are still some good God fearing people in our great nation.
Why do you enjoy deciding what's right for other people?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#42 Dec 26, 2012
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
A "degree in computer programming?" Wow, that's a LOT of degrees, considering each language and each application of said language is it's own degree. You really suck at lying. But then, you do have a book of lies that you follow as if it was fact, so it's not like you had any better role models.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#44 Dec 26, 2012
Beauty and the Feast wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing beautiful about what you do. Why do you think you run around with a rainbow flag all day long. It's a ruse toopid!
How do you know? Are you there watching what they supposedly do? or is what your posting about a fantasy of yours?

You anti-gay folks really amuse me because you post everyday about how wrong anal sex is or what you believe 2 consenting adult males do......YET, it's NONE of your business and if it's so disgusting, why do you spend so much time dwelling on it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#45 Dec 26, 2012
Dirty White Schlepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays do the same thing. How on freakin earth can you rationalize placing a child into a ss household with two men that totally abrogated the ability to produce a child and could NEVER qualify as a mother. Duhhhhhh.
Um, because they raise kids just as well as any other couple, that's why. Why is it that almost all actual child abuse is done by straight people? Why is it that the child is more likely to be molested by a close, straight, relative than a perfect stranger? Why is it that straight christians are the ones most responsible for killing their own children?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#46 Dec 26, 2012
Dirty White Schlepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays do the same thing. How on freakin earth can you rationalize placing a child into a ss household with two men that totally abrogated the ability to produce a child and could NEVER qualify as a mother. Duhhhhhh.
Since when is mandatory procreation required to be in a relationship? Who has EVER made the claim that they are qualified to be a Mother? Who states that a Mother is required to raise a child? If Mothers are so DAMN important to the raising of a child, why do some abandon those very same children?

There are children who are raised in households without fathers and do just fine in society. There are children who are raised in households without mothers and do just fine in society.......and there are children raised by both a mother and a father that have issues in society........it's not about the parents or a mother or a father, but how much attention is put into the raising of that child!!!

That's what you don't get!!!

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#49 Dec 26, 2012
LOL!!! I just love your type. SO fun to take to task. Here's a hint--you should THINK about what you're posting before you post it:
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the phrase antigay is pathetic. It is YOU that is anti. It is YOU the narcissist. It is YOU to defame, degrade, and humiliate.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong, wrong, wrong. Please DO explain how any of those things are true?
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>A man and a woman is rooted since the beginning of time.
Really? Support? Evidence? You've clearly not done much studying of history, have you? Do you even know what the word "anthropology" means?
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>It is YOU the defect by your own choosing.
Not a choice. Religious bigotry and ignorance are choices, but sexual orientation is not. If you believe it is, than you're obviously a self-repressing bisexual. If you were gay or straight, you'd know better than to think it was a choice, wouldn't you?
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>It is YOU that insists the govt provide YOU with special rights
Please enumerate the "special rights" that anyone is asking for. You DO realize that "special" suggests that the rights gay folks are seeking are somehow given only to them, right?
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>away from all the other deviations of 'consensual' sex.
Please give us some evidence that gay couples don't engage in consensual sex. And then give us evidence that straight couples ONLY engage in it.(you don't know what the term "consensual" means, do you?)
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>I dwell on it because the future and well being of mankind itself demands it! Your behavior IS destructive!
Really?? Do you find gay sex SO alluring and enticing that you believe that ALL the straight people in the world will suddenly turn gay, quit having sex together, stop reproducing, and the human race will become extinct?? Really???

I can see why you're so terrified of gay people. You must spend every second of your life afraid that you'll suddenly start having gay sex and you won't be able to stop. That must be a horrible way to live!!

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#50 Dec 26, 2012
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>
GEE KITTEN, I DON'T KNOW? MAYBE CUS ONLY STRAIGHT PEOPLE CAN CONCEIVE AND RAISE A CHILD? I'M NOT GOING INTO ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR ASEXUAL BRAIN DEAD DISCUSSIONS SO STFU!
So, in your world, straight couples that cannot procreate together aren't really a couple?

Wow. That's harsh. I suspect a LOT of straight couples would disagree with there....

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#51 Dec 26, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Are you there watching what they supposedly do? or is what your posting about a fantasy of yours?
You anti-gay folks really amuse me because you post everyday about how wrong anal sex is or what you believe 2 consenting adult males do......YET, it's NONE of your business and if it's so disgusting, why do you spend so much time dwelling on it?
IF it's so disgusting why are they thinking about it at all? ROTFL

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#52 Dec 26, 2012
Rainbow Ruse wrote:
<quoted text>
GEE KITTEN, I DON'T KNOW? MAYBE CUS ONLY STRAIGHT PEOPLE CAN CONCEIVE AND RAISE A CHILD? I'M NOT GOING INTO ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR ASEXUAL BRAIN DEAD DISCUSSIONS SO STFU!
Actually, there are many children raised by single parents and gay couples already. So ... your point is lacking in evidence and validity.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#54 Dec 26, 2012
Tendencies wrote:
John! You are a waste of my time just as much as Kitten "I have brain freeze" Koder so please, pretty please, shut up.
Aw, you have nothing to offer so you have to attack other people to feel better about yourself. I'm so sorry you are a luser.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#56 Dec 26, 2012
God did not wrote:
You don't get it, because you aren't a Christian.
Jesus *IS* THE WORD.
He repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms:
So ... you have no logical reason to hate, thus you have to make up excuses instead.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#57 Dec 26, 2012
"Religious exemption" = Legal religious discrimination.

Oppose religious exemptions for private companies.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#58 Dec 26, 2012
AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
And you would be obliged to do so under the law.
If a wedding VENDOR can refuse service to gays, why not restaurants? Why not grocery stores? Why not mortgage agencies? There's no room for a conscience clause in public accommodation law. These people are not churches
It won't stop at gays. If a religious exemption is granted for this, rest assured they will then want legal protection to discriminate against Jews and Muslims and the rest of their shopping list.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#59 Dec 26, 2012
I can see the lawsuits now. Defendant claims it wasn't because they were black it was because they were Jehovah's Witnesses or 7th Day Adventists or Catholic or Baptist!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#60 Dec 26, 2012
eJohn wrote:
I bet the good "christian" didn't have any problem renting out to weddings of divorcees, though, did he??
It never ceases to amaze me how unaware these idiots are when they draw these pointless lines in the sand.
Did they quiz their rental applicants before to see if either (or both) of them had been married before?? You know what Jesus said about that, right?? ADULTERY!! Bad, bad, BAD!!!
The good news is that it appears there's HUGE demand in Annapolis for trolleys at weddings. That means it won't take long for someone else that's NOT an ignorant fool to start up a wedding trolley business and finish putting the bigoted company out of business. If there's really fifty grand a year in business to be had,*someone* will do it!
Good times, good times....
I'll put up $500 to bet he's served agnostics and atheists.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#61 Dec 26, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how conservatives and republicans operate. For one, they'd serve ADULTERERS and the DIVORCED. They'd serve MURDERERS. They'd serve POLYGAMISTS.
They don't care about polygamy. They cared *as soon as* gay marriage became an issue.
They don't care about violence in film. They cared *as soon as* twenty schoolkids were killed and they don't want their guns taken away.
The conservatives are *OPPORTUNISTS* when it comes to what they "care" about, and *EXTREMELY* manipulative about it.
I can find reasons to criticize both progressives (quite heavily) and conservatives (quite viciously), but on this topic, progressives win. They are at least very, very consistent about what they care about; it doesn't change to manipulate the point of view of others. With conservatives, it does, unfortunately.
Time for a social media blitz to urge a boycott.

Since the petition to deport Piers Morgan because he supports an assault rifle ban hit the White house minimum in less than 12 hours I think we can do something about the rest of this guy's annual income.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biphobic hate crimes a should be treated differ... 1 min Wondering 21
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 min Just Think 53,945
News 'Gay is sin' pastor plans gospel rally at Pride... 10 min Wondering 14
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 12 min Wondering 36
News Alleged Discrimination Against Gay Couple by D.... 13 min Wondering 22
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Frindly 8,680
News Stunning pictures show moment gay couple became... 2 hr Porsha 5
News Syphilis rates in Scotland highest in more than... 9 hr The Troll Stopper 5
News Trump bans transgender people from military 15 hr politicslover 379
More from around the web