Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A...

Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

There are 41 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Jul 27, 2013, titled Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

Desmond Tutu denounced religions that discriminate against LGTB-identified people by making some very strong statements during the United Nations' launch of its gay-rights program in Cape Town this Friday, reports AFP.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#29 Jul 30, 2013
WotMeWorry wrote:
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
Paul an apostle of Christ
Because of what "this" dear? It seems you have forgotten to read what led God to do this to the folk that Paul was referring to, not to forget to mention that you didn't bother to read what follows this statement.

PS, don't read the beginning of the next chapter, Paul has more than a few unkind words for what you are attempting to do here. You won't like what he has to say about YOU.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#30 Jul 30, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... It seems you have forgotten to read what led God to do this.
It seems you have forgotten English:

"God gave them over to ...," and not "God gave them"!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#31 Jul 30, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
It seems you have forgotten English:
"God gave them over to ...," and not "God gave them"!
Dear, Paul doesn't say that the Christians of Rome had such urges BEFORE God decided to pay them back for their idolatry, now does he? Nice try though.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#32 Jul 30, 2013

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#33 Jul 31, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Try again...WE WON...HUMANITY WON!
http://www.rmnblog.org/2013/07/a-scandalous-r...
You mean humanism? That is going the same place as all other isms along with those who exchange such lies for the living God.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#34 Jul 31, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, Paul doesn't say that the Christians of Rome had such urges BEFORE God decided to pay them back for their idolatry, now does he? Nice try though.
Learn to read.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Meaning He gave them over to the evil desires that were already there in their hearts.

Homosexuality, idolatry and other sins all go together.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#35 Jul 31, 2013
WotMeWorry wrote:
Learn to read.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Meaning He gave them over to the evil desires that were already there in their hearts.
Homosexuality, idolatry and other sins all go together.
Learned to read along time ago, sweetie, also learned to read things in their actual context, which is something you might want to learn. According to Paul, God was punishing the Christians of Rome, whom he presumed to be STRAIGHT, for their IDOLATRY. God told them that they were f'ed, both figuratively and literally. God delivered his message by dropping the presumably straight folk off at same sex orgies for Pagan Gods so they'd get his point that he was emphasizing with some dude's d***.
Mike

Collingwood, Canada

#36 Jul 31, 2013
Islam is still the best religion in the World.

How many times Bible has been revised?:(
Mike

Collingwood, Canada

#37 Jul 31, 2013
Carlton wrote:
Who the heck is Desmond Tutu some black drag queen?
black Lady Gaga... LOL

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#38 Jul 31, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, Paul doesn't say that the Christians of Rome had such urges BEFORE God decided to pay them back for their idolatry ...
But God didn't "pay them back," or do anything else to them; according to the text, He simply stepped out of the way and left them to their own perverse devices and desires.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#39 Jul 31, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Learned to read along time ago
Maybe you need a refresher course in basic reading in comprehension then?

From MacArthur commentry;

"because man abandoned God, God abandoned men-He gave them over... by withdrawing His restraining and protective hand, allowing the consequences of sin to take their inevitable, destructive course Sin degrades man, debases the image of God in which he is made, and strips him of dignity, peace of mind, and a clear conscience. Sin destroys personal relationships, marriages, families, cities, and nations It also destroys churches."

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#40 Jul 31, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
But God didn't "pay them back," or do anything else to them; according to the text, He simply stepped out of the way and left them to their own perverse devices and desires.
Recompense: noun, Compensation or reward given for loss or harm suffered or effort made: "substantial damages were paid in recompense". Wanna try again?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#41 Jul 31, 2013
WotMeWorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need a refresher course in basic reading in comprehension then?
From MacArthur commentry;
"because man abandoned God, God abandoned men-He gave them over... by withdrawing His restraining and protective hand, allowing the consequences of sin to take their inevitable, destructive course Sin degrades man, debases the image of God in which he is made, and strips him of dignity, peace of mind, and a clear conscience. Sin destroys personal relationships, marriages, families, cities, and nations It also destroys churches."
In other words, God told them they were f'ed, both figuratively and literally for their sin of IDOLATRY. You really should read the rest of the chapter, you make several appearances yourself.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#42 Aug 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Recompense: noun, Compensation or reward given for loss or harm suffered or effort made ...
"Recompense" can be found in the dictionary, but not in Romans 1:26.

"For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections ..." (Amplified Bible).

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#43 Aug 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
"Recompense" can be found in the dictionary, but not in Romans 1:26.
"For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections ..." (Amplified Bible).
Which is why I always recommend that people always read the entire chapter, because it's in the next verse moron. In the Amplified Bible, their version is even worse: "which was [their] fitting retribution". Once again, God said they were f'ed both figuratively and literally. God punished them for their IDOLATRY by first dropping them off at a same sex orgy for whatever Pagan God Paul thought they were worshiping.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#44 Aug 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"Recompense" can be found in the dictionary, but not in Romans 1:26.
"For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections ..." (Amplified Bible).
Tell us, did Paul use the Queen's ENGLISH to write these letters?

Funny how yu fall back on the FACT that none of these words EXISTED then....like HOMOSEXUAL...but when it is turned the other way, you doth protest...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#46 Aug 1, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
Funny Desmond would bring that up cause that's, no doubt, where he's going.
I know, right...we all go to heaven...even turds like you.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#47 Aug 1, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I always recommend that people always read the entire chapter, because it's in the next verse moron. In the Amplified Bible, their version is even worse: "which was [their] fitting retribution" ...
"27 And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another¬ómen committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own [a]bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution," which is why I always recommend that people always read the entire verse, moron.

God gave them over and abandoned them (v. 26) because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie (v. 25).
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Funny how yu fall back ...
Funny how you always fall on your fat-assed backside; it must be because you exchanged your "natural function for an unnatural one" (v. 26).

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#48 Aug 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"27 And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another¬ómen committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own [a]bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution," which is why I always recommend that people always read the entire verse, moron.
God gave them over and abandoned them (v. 26) because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie (v. 25).
(v. 26).
The presumably heterosexually inclined Christians of Rome, According to Paul at any rate, were on the receiving end of God's retribution for the sin of idolatry. Correct?

2 Therefore you have no excuse or defense or justification, O man, whoever you are who judges and condemns another. For in posing as judge and passing sentence on another, you condemn yourself, because you who judge are habitually practicing the very same things [that you censure and denounce].
MindTriggered

South Africa

#49 Aug 1, 2013
I think people are over reacting all he meant was tha t there's no way God could be ok with Human beings denying other humans their humanity , as we see most of the time in news how gays and lesbians folks are treated ,He did not mean that God is ok with it he only meant that God has a heart big enough to accept us all with all our sins
FOLLOW ME on twitter @TheRealLevihz tweet me we can engage further

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 36 min Wondering 52
News The Latest: Gay pride parade backers eye suit o... 38 min Wondering 4
News 'Teen Mom 2's' David Eason fired by MTV after a... 50 min Wondering 6
News Lebanese State Security Member Arrested on Susp... 50 min Myron 2
News Jeremy Corbyn: Same-sex sex education should be... 51 min Myron 1
News This homophobic magistrate was just paid $325,0... 55 min Wondering 37
News How Franklin Graham took the reins from his leg... 3 hr American 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 13 hr cpeter1313 18,848
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 13 hr GodSmacked 27,404
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 13 hr Rose_NoHo 67
More from around the web