Over 300 Mormons join Utah Gay Pride Parade

There are 13 comments on the Jun 3, 2012, CBS 3 Springfield story titled Over 300 Mormons join Utah Gay Pride Parade. In it, CBS 3 Springfield reports that:

More than 300 Mormon church members who are not gay drew shouts of approval and tears from spectators while taking part in the Utah Gay Pride Parade in downtown Salt Lake City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 3 Springfield.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#1 Jun 3, 2012
Meanwhile, in other news, 999,700 Mormons were spotted at Home Depot buying fence postings and electrical wire.
Nobama

Maiden, NC

#2 Jun 3, 2012
They joined the parade because getting equal rights for gays is one step closer to getting equal rights for polygamy...
A Word from King James

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jun 3, 2012
Nobama wrote:
They joined the parade because getting equal rights for gays is one step closer to getting equal rights for polygamy...
What's wrong with that?
It says right there in the Bible Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. 1000 women all married to each other is the biggest gay marriage in the Bible
Solomon would need 25 Greyhound buses just to take his 1000 wives shopping at Victoria's Secret

“We are all atheists”

Since: May 11

Lewes, DE

#4 Jun 3, 2012
A Word from King James wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with that?
It says right there in the Bible Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. 1000 women all married to each other is the biggest gay marriage in the Bible
Solomon would need 25 Greyhound buses just to take his 1000 wives shopping at Victoria's Secret
hee hee. It's funny how the "protect marriage" crowd (and I use that term very loosely) just totally ignore the true biblical versions of marriage: one man, many women.
Christsharian Law

Souderton, PA

#5 Jun 3, 2012
The Moron Churchcult, imo, merely continues to try and undo all the bad public relations the latest decade of its long history of bigotry, specifically its funding of NOM.

This has little to do with a genuine understanding of or support for genuine glbt equality.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#6 Jun 3, 2012
In related news, over 300 chickens "drew shouts of approval and tears from spectators" while marching in support of Colonel Sanders.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Jun 3, 2012
OK, but did they march with the PFLAG group?

I say they can march ... if they do it in DRAG !
Prophet Romney

Durham, NC

#8 Jun 4, 2012
Please don't vote for me. I will destroy this nation.
Disgusted American

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jun 4, 2012
call me cynical - but I dont trust them.....I wouldn't put it past the Mormons to "pretend all is well" so it gives them - nationally - a softer feel before the election..I hate to feel this way, but I thinks its ALL part of thier plan. No doubt the Higher ups in the Mormon Cult are Licking thier Chops at the very thought as Mitt Romney being president....and this is JUST A PLOY...to make them come off less, weird, more tolerant etc etc
Disgusted American

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jun 4, 2012
the Mormons are a Sneaky bunch......I honestly wouldn't put it past them to "make it look as tho, they're being more tolerant, kind,and excepting".....as long as it affects thier bottom line...Romney as President! I watched BIG LOVE, they don't do something for Nothing.....there's always an angle. Don't think for a moment, that these are volunteers....the "Pretend Volunteers"...sorry, after all they've done to thwart LGBT Equality nationwide.....I don't trust them one iota.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 4, 2012
Nobama wrote:
Really numbnutts? Please do chart out the cause and effect of one leading to the other.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

Perhaps you could demonstrate using Iceland, Spain, Argentina, Portugal, South Africa, the Netherlands, Belgium, Canada, Sweden or Noway. Marriage equality has existed in some of these countries for over a decade now. Please demonstrate where polygamy has resulted in one of these countries.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

I love it when you dumb assclowns just repeat the same meaningless rhetoric over and over. It domonstrates that the majority of you are idiots, and it demonstrates how fully incapable you are of establishing a valid reason to deny gays marriage equality.

You reek of desperation.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#12 Jun 4, 2012
A Word from King James wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with that?
You're correct. The bible is CHOCK full of polygamy and our cranky friends scream that they follow EVERY word of the holy book, yet are only married to one partner. I guess they aren't good Christians!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 4, 2012
Disgusted American wrote:
call me cynical - but I dont trust them.....I wouldn't put it past the Mormons to "pretend all is well" so it gives them - nationally - a softer feel before the election..I hate to feel this way, but I thinks its ALL part of thier plan. No doubt the Higher ups in the Mormon Cult are Licking thier Chops at the very thought as Mitt Romney being president....and this is JUST A PLOY...to make them come off less, weird, more tolerant etc etc

the Mormons are a Sneaky bunch......I honestly wouldn't put it past them to "make it look as tho, they're being more tolerant, kind,and excepting".....as long as it affects thier bottom line...Romney as President! I watched BIG LOVE, they don't do something for Nothing.....there's always an angle. Don't think for a moment, that these are volunteers....the "Pretend Volunteers"...sorry, after all they've done to thwart LGBT Equality nationwide.....I don't trust them one iota.
I'm sorry that I have to agree with you there.

Their organization BLATANTLY has the goal of a theonomy under the control of their hierarchy.

Have you read that the NSA's new internet monitoring center is in the last stages of construction in Utah?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 min Elijah 2,134
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Prep-for-Dep 19,971
News Online Fundraiser For Oregon Bakery Removed Aft... 4 min NE Jade 6
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 4 min Belle Sexton 2,821
News U.S. Supreme Court may be on cusp of declaring ... 9 min Clayton 8
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 11 min Belle Sexton 163
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 14 min Belle Sexton 59,330
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 25
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 668
More from around the web