Sonoma: Assault of gay teen at school believed to be hate crime

Apr 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Inside Bay Area

Authorities have arrested two suspects for an alleged hate crime assault of a gay teen at El Verano Elementary School in Sonoma last month.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Gang members should be prosecuted under state and federal RICO laws which can result in a life in prison sentence.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
Gang members should be prosecuted under state and federal RICO laws which can result in a life in prison sentence.
In a case like this, even if determined to be a hate crime, life imprisonment is unlikely as it is not murder. The perps - if convicted - will be sent to jail and come out as even more hardened criminals.

The US has a greater percent of its population in prison than most if not all other countries. It crime rate is lower than developing countries but much higher than places like Canada, Japan and Europe. Doesn't that say something about the failure of both the correctional system and American society?
NE Yade

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Of course it was a "hate crime". The kid just happened to be gay. Therefore punish the attackers more harshly then if they had attacked a kid who didn't happen to be gay. Make sense? HELL NO!

Why are gays protected more than normal people?

Why is a homosexual's well being considered more important than a normal person's well being?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

NE Yade wrote:
Of course it was a "hate crime". The kid just happened to be gay. Therefore punish the attackers more harshly then if they had attacked a kid who didn't happen to be gay. Make sense? HELL NO!
Why is a homosexual's well being considered more important than a normal person's well being?
Hate crimes are NOT just committed on gays. What if a Christian was attacked for being that religion. The attackers would be arrested for hate crimes.

What if a black person was attacked for being that race. The attackers would be arrested for hate crimes.

What if YOUR demographic was attacked, just because of who you were. Your attackers would be arrested for hate crimes.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

NE Yade wrote:
You won't understand it no matter what answer is given because you're a typical anti-gay bigot.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
In a case like this, even if determined to be a hate crime, life imprisonment is unlikely as it is not murder. The perps - if convicted - will be sent to jail and come out as even more hardened criminals.
The US has a greater percent of its population in prison than most if not all other countries. It crime rate is lower than developing countries but much higher than places like Canada, Japan and Europe. Doesn't that say something about the failure of both the correctional system and American society?
People should get a clue and stop responding to the addled, racist pedo as though he actually thinks he's making a point of any kind.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

NE Yade wrote:
Why are gays protected more than normal [sic] people?
Hey talibangelical sht for brainz, the laws protect on the basis of sexual orientation.

GLBT people are not protected. Sexual orientation is. That includes str8 people who might get attacked for being str8, or str8 people who get attacked because someone thinks that they are gay.

You got everything wrong from the very premise onwards, a reference to your "belief" that the earth is under 10000 years old.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

NE Yade wrote:
In your next life get yourself borngay
.....and you will discover the answer to your question; sugar
Cascade Ice

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

I know the 19-year-old that is being charged in this crime and he is nothing but a scumbag. I can't think of anything that isn't negative about him. All he wants to be is a criminal thug and that is what he got. He's annoying and a plague to society. Lock him up for decades.
willard the uh- uh

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

hey. corrections is a buiness that requires fear and criminals, as are the courts, churches, security and police systems businesses. Look not for improvements other than to the bottom line of GROWING businesses dutifully fertilized by public policy.
anonymos

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Listen people, yeah what these boys did was bad and YES I agree nobody in this world deserves what happened to the boy from Sonoma; however, we're all people. We all make mistakes and all do things that we aren't proud of. I know for a fact that the 17 year old convicted of stealing that boys phone and beating him up realizes what he did was wrong. After all, he is my boyfriend. He is trying to show all of you, the victim, his family, that he's learning from his mistakes. Take into consideration before you come on a website and bash someone, that you are lowering yourself to the level that those boys leveled themselves down to that night. Punish them for what they did, because yes it was wrong, but don't punish the rest of their lives. They deserve happiness and freedom too.

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

anonymos wrote:
Listen people, yeah what these boys did was bad and YES I agree nobody in this world deserves what happened to the boy from Sonoma; however, we're all people. We all make mistakes and all do things that we aren't proud of. I know for a fact that the 17 year old convicted of stealing that boys phone and beating him up realizes what he did was wrong. After all, he is my boyfriend. He is trying to show all of you, the victim, his family, that he's learning from his mistakes. Take into consideration before you come on a website and bash someone, that you are lowering yourself to the level that those boys leveled themselves down to that night. Punish them for what they did, because yes it was wrong, but don't punish the rest of their lives. They deserve happiness and freedom too.
I won't bash him. I just want him to recieve a fair trial, be convicted, and then sentenced to 30 years in prison, with a 350 pound very "lonely" cellmate named "Patty". That's what we call here in these parts, "JUSTICE".

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Wade wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's gay that doesn't sound like punishment at all. Any queer would LOVE that!
I'm gay and I sure as hell wouldn't.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Wade wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's gay that doesn't sound like punishment at all. Any queer would LOVE that!
For ONCE, any Queer would LOVE to hear a NON false name from you. I guess that is impossible for a pathological little liar like yourself.
Walter

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>For ONCE, any Queer would LOVE to hear a NON false name from you. I guess that is impossible for a pathological little liar like yourself.
I'm on my way too Chick Fil A two celebrate another queer getting a deserved beat down.

WOO HOO!!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

fr anonymos:

>Listen people, yeah what these boys did was bad and YES I agree nobody in this world deserves what happened to the boy from Sonoma; however, we're all people. We all make mistakes and all do things that we aren't proud of. I know for a fact that the 17 year old convicted of stealing that boys phone and beating him up realizes what he did was wrong. After all, he is my boyfriend....<

Dump him NOW and find a better one.

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

anonymos wrote:
Assuming you are honest and the above is a true statement, there are two questions:

1. Did the victim forgive him? If not then his apology counts for nothing.
2. What kind of parents did he have that he did such a thing. In my view, if the bully is under 18, as in this case, it is the parents who should receive the brunt of the punishment. People like your boyfriend don't become bullies out of nowhere - there is something in the way they were raised that makes them do this.

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

PS: I also agree with the poster above. If this guy is a bully he is probably likely to be a partner/spouse abuser as well. You don't have to hate him but why sink to his level - find another.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 min Le Bron is a traitor 67,587
What Makes Men Turn Gay? 6 min passing by 17
Pelosi backs gay-rights bill despite concerns 6 min WasteWater 6
Tony Perkins Warns Support of Gay Rights by 'Li... 11 min WasteWater 29
More 17 min passing by 2
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 18 min Rose_NoHo 50,505
Outrage as Australian judge says incest, pedoph... 22 min Catholic League of Duncey 29
Gay Teacher Files Sex Discrimination Claim Agai... 34 min Frankie Rizzo 109
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 37 min Frankie Rizzo 1,823
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,467
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••