How do you tell your parents your gay

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

#553 Sep 18, 2011
OneBallBoi wrote:
Just tell them that you wanted to be a boy for the first four and one half months of your mothers pregnancy and then the last four and one half months you decided you wanted to be a girl instead. You're in decision got the best of you.
You are incredibly offensive and you shouldn't have the right to call yourself a christian.

These are mostly young people here like myself who are struggling or who have struggled in coming out of the closet.

You should be ashamed that you come on this thread and behaving in such a way.

“Can't help being fabulous”

Since: Dec 10

Sparkle <3

#554 Sep 18, 2011
arj92 wrote:
Im 16, my mom is pretty liberal, and has a gay brother, but she said the other day that she just dosnt like to see all the kissing or other gay acts on tv. We have a good relationship. How should i tell her
She sounds quite accepting.

You could tell in her 2 ways;

The first way is to simply find the best opportunity and tell her "I'm gay" or "I'm into guys" etc etc, and explain that you've felt this way for a while and that you'd feel much better to be open.

The second way is to wait until she asks you if you have a girlfriend or something or if you are interested in anyone, etc and then you could just say you're not into girls and that you like guys instead.

Sorry if this isn't the best of advice, everyone tells their parents in their own way.

I told my mum when I was in holiday, she's really liberal so she was fine with it but she didn't really accept it for ages like a few months, she kept kind of denying it, which is weird cus she has very open-minded views on homosexuality.

Then I came out and school and she finally accepted it.
EMO GAL

Durban, South Africa

#555 Sep 27, 2011
HEY THERE I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROB I DON'T KNOW WAT TO DO COZ MY PARENTS WILL KILL ME PLEASE HELP ME... HOW DO I TELL THEM
Justin

Eastport, NY

#556 Oct 9, 2011
bremerton_bum wrote:
<quoted text> hi i am "...." i am not giving you my real name i live in bremerton....i think i am gay i like guys more then girls but see i am only 13....please help me!i knoe my name in
-13 and thinking i am gay

Hi ^.^ I am 12 and my friend who is also twelve just came out that he is bisexual, he is the only person I have told and I think I may be gay. It causes a great stress and apart from this I get bullied when they don't even know! And the normal situation is that you have more girl friends(I do), you get bullied and you are probably very scared and stressed about this. If I were you I would wait until I turned 14 or 15 and started dating the same gender. hope I helped :D
max

Arlington, TX

#557 Jan 2, 2012
i have a gf but im gay but she knows and my parents dont because they wont accept me and the my bf brian and i have had sex 4 times how do i tell them
bumblebee

Exeter, UK

#558 Jan 15, 2012
Is 12 to young to tell your mum your bisexual?
LoveIsLove

United States

#559 Jan 17, 2012
I have this GF and I have been living with her for a while.....b/c my mother has problems, she is crazy...her family may know about us or don't idk....I asked GF a few times to tell her parents about us but she think they will not love her for who she is and may kick us both out....I just want to know what to do to make it ok for everyone, if I can... but there is a good thing out of this my wholefamily knows and loves us for who we are:)
Tyler

United States

#561 Feb 5, 2012
Ok I dident know how to tell my parents I'm gay so I basicly went up to them when they where both happy it was hard for me because my mom is a Lezbion sooo you can imagin that well I said this: mom, mom I felt like you should know I find my self more attracted to men then I do females so I thought you might both want to know I'm GAY and they both said that they are happy for me but they were not that happy soon the hole thing blow over and they are still happy for me

Tyler age 16
Joe

Chicago, IL

#562 Feb 26, 2012
My boy friend and I were 16, naked and sucking each other, when our dads caught us. We were sure that we would be punished until we realized our dads were just as naked and hard as we were.
Now we don't have to go and hide our love; our dads understand. They have been lovers for as long as us. We just didn't know it. Like our dads say, you don't go around with a large electric sign saying look at me I'm gay.
PDub yo

Cut Bank, MT

#563 Jan 3, 2013
Ya I think I might be gay how do I tell my girl friend
Bob

Holmfirth, UK

#565 Jan 5, 2013
How do i come out, im 12 and gay, yeah im sure im gay, help!!
do not

Johnson City, TN

#566 Jan 5, 2013
Don't

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#567 Jan 6, 2013
Bob wrote:
How do i come out, im 12 and gay, yeah im sure im gay, help!!
First, if you are 12. you need to get the heck OFF this site! It's not a healthy place for kids.

After you have stepped away from the computer, you need to speak with real live humans that you can trust, parents or not.

And, if you are a troll, get a life.

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#568 Jan 6, 2013
My parents always suspected it, even from early on, like third grade (age 8). They had already discussed their "what if he says yes" plan and actually asked me at age 12 if I was gay, or if I thought I might be. They made it easy to be honest about my sexual orientation. I didn't tell them I was already sexually active though, lol.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#571 Jan 8, 2013
Guys, one good resource about coming out is PFLAG.ORG

PFLAG Moms are great, and always have great advice.

Location hidden

#572 Jan 8, 2013
Anonymous

UK

#573 Jan 9, 2013
I have told my mom that I'm gay that was last year and her brother keeps putting things in her head she acts like I never tell her I only hang out with girls and I'm fem what can I do

Location hidden

#574 Jan 10, 2013
dbn sexi btm wrote:
I have told my mom that I'm gay that was last year and her brother keeps putting things in her head she acts like I never tell her I only hang out with girls and I'm fem what can I do
Keep it to yourself. Start learning the tools and skills of independent self-support and get out on your own once you finish high school and turn 18. And by high school I don't mean hangin out in quad or cafeteria gabby clatches of airheaded, trend-sucking fashion victims. I mean Math, Science (especially Science), hell even auto mechanics (you'll appreciate that you did when you realize that you can't afford to pay someone $70 per hour to rotate your tires).

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
JrEsq

United States

#575 Jan 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it to yourself. Start learning the tools and skills of independent self-support and get out on your own once you finish high school and turn 18. And by high school I don't mean hangin out in quad or cafeteria gabby clatches of airheaded, trend-sucking fashion victims. I mean Math, Science (especially Science), hell even auto mechanics (you'll appreciate that you did when you realize that you can't afford to pay someone $70 per hour to rotate your tires).
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Good advice snyp. Sometimes I find it hard to believe you are gay.
Im_me

Ashland City, TN

#576 Oct 31, 2013
There are only two guys in my school I would bang thus leading to me being bi. My mom was onto me and a friend of mine for it and sadly I had to deny it but I want so desperately to tell her. Though my mom has "gay" friends, she is COMPLETELY opposed to her children being homosexual. I know I shouldn't be because I am a Christian but its hard. Women are just so beautiful and mystical and erotic. I really want to come out so I don't have to worry about it any longer but I cant because I am only 14 and I live with a Christian family. I am highly uncertain how my two cousins came out with their being gay. I just really need help with this because it puts tons of stress on me. HELP!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 2 hr ThomasA 336
What causes homophobia? 3 hr Some Day Never Comes 13
News Oklahoma's New Lesbian State Senator: 'I Ran as... 3 hr Pilots nail drivi... 12
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Frindly 14,775
News Crowds deflect anti-gay activists at Geneva church 4 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 1
if you are homosexual... 4 hr NE Jade 5
News Scientists find the gene that makes men gay - o... 5 hr EdmondWA 33
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 5 hr funhouse mirror 117
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr June VanDerMark 58,413
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 11 hr GodSmacked 26,914
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 16 hr Wondering 411
More from around the web