Yobyag

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2006

If you are having sex in the house while she is there, chances are she already knows.

Just be honest with her. Say you have something important to tell her and just say it. There is no special speech or magic words. Just be aware that she might have some trouble accepting it at first. Don't fight her. Let her have some time to absorb the information.

All a parent wants is for their children to be healthy and happy. Let her know that you are.
dances_with_weeb les

São Paulo, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2006

Judged:

when my daughter was home once form university for a visit she let it drop a the dinner table that she is a lesbian. then she jumped up and ran crying from the room... i followed her and stopped her in the livingroom and gave her a big hug. then i asked her if she really thought that i was going to stop loving her for this... i didn't, i haven't and i won't.
Stacy

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2006

My family was always suspicious about my friends. Everyone has thought i was going to be gay. I really dont want to Prove them right. But I guess I have to dont i?
TampaBob

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2006

Coming out is NEVER easy..but i can tell you from first-hand experience. For most gay folks, we keep this secret so deeply hidden inside that we cause more stress on ourselves that ULTIMATELY comes from disclosing that you are gay.

If you have a good relationship with your Mother, i would bet it will be fine.

And as others have said, its likely that she already has an idea - especially if you're spending more time with your GF then dating men!
Charlemagne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2006

Judged:

Think of the relief your mother will feel when you tell her you will never be an unwed teenage mother!:-)
bremerton_bum

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2006

Charlemagne wrote:
Think of the relief your mother will feel when you tell her you will never be an unwed teenage mother!:-)
hi i am "...." i am not giving you my real name i live in bremerton....i think i am gay i like guys more then girls but see i am only 13....please help me!i knoe my name in
-13 and thinking i am gay
Carrot Cake Man

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2006

Judged:

You might want to keep this to yourself for right now. Your feelings might change. We don't have to tell you how people your age can be cruel. You have plenty of time to think about it and figure out later who you are meant to be. Good luck!
scott0813

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2006

Judged:

so what should i do tell them or not
Stacy wrote:
My family was always suspicious about my friends. Everyone has thought i was going to be gay. I really dont want to Prove them right. But I guess I have to dont i?
scott0813

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2006

i'm a guy ang i like a guy but i don't konw if he is gay to and he does not konw that i'm gay what should i do
Carrot Cake Man

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

Wait until you are older and can join your school's Gay-Straight Alliance. If he joins too, you will know. When you are older you will usually be able to tell the difference. I was given the advice not to tell my parents until I was on my own. That is still good advice. Hopefully your parents are loving people, but what if they are not? Like I told bermerton_bum, you have plenty of time to make sure this is who you really are.
Bright_Eyes

Broadway, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2006

I have been thinking really hard about weather or not to come out to my parents. I am pretty sure that they will be fine with it but i dont know what to say.
Changeoflifemovi e

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2006

Judged:

Bright_Eyes wrote:
I have been thinking really hard about weather or not to come out to my parents. I am pretty sure that they will be fine with it but i dont know what to say.
My daughter was living away from home for the first time (she was a college) she called me up at 2 in the morning crying very hard. I thought she was hurt bad (maybe raped or in a car accident) then she told me she "liked girls". I was relieved that she was not physiclly hurt and I reassured her that we loved her anyway. My husband and I have supportd her and love her just the way she is. Now I can finally talk with my daughter about relationships etc.
Remember you are the same person no different before or after you come out. PFLAG was helpful to me as a parent.www.plag.org
Good luck and God Bless you.
Changeoflifemovi e

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2006

Bright_Eyes wrote:
Sorry the website is www.pflag.org
Naomi Becerril

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Am a lesbian who has come out to my parents and they accepted me the way that i am, but my grilfriend has to lie about her sexualty to her mother eventhought she told her but her mother refuse to accept her the problem is that she is 17yr old and her monther threats her in separating her from me and she suffers alot cuz she wants to be with me and i dont know wat to do anymore to make her mother understand how much she is hurting her daughter...i need help wat should i do???
Rob in AZ

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Judged:

Herm wrote:
Why not choose a happier, healthier lifestyle?
The topic here is not lifstyle choices, but about teenagers who are having problems due to the oppression and hate propagated by organizations like AFA, FRC, CWFA, FoF to deal with their sexuality.

They would love to be happier and healthier if only those pressure groups let them.
Herm

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Judged:

Rob in AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic here is not lifstyle choices, but about teenagers who are having problems due to the oppression and hate propagated by organizations like AFA, FRC, CWFA, FoF to deal with their sexuality.
They would love to be happier and healthier if only those pressure groups let them.
I think anybody who reads your posts knows you and your cause is the side filled with hate.
Rob in AZ

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Judged:

Herm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think anybody who reads your posts knows you and your cause is the side filled with hate.
Why should I hate you, just because you repeat the rhetoric of false prophets? It is not up to me to judge you.
Mel

Woodbury Heights, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Judged:

Naomi Becerril wrote:
Am a lesbian who has come out to my parents and they accepted me the way that i am, but my grilfriend has to lie about her sexualty to her mother eventhought she told her but her mother refuse to accept her the problem is that she is 17yr old and her monther threats her in separating her from me and she suffers alot cuz she wants to be with me and i dont know wat to do anymore to make her mother understand how much she is hurting her daughter...i need help wat should i do???
See changoflife posting with the link to P-Flag. Go to a meeting and try to talk to some of the parents there. Face to face conversations and answers from others who have gone thru maybe similar situations.
Dena

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Judged:

I'd like to know something, if your an adult, and to me that's 18, why do any of you have to explain or tell that your gay to anyone? Even your parents. Seems to me, if you want equal rights, isn't not explaining yourself, for who you are, the first step.?? Really it's nobodies business who you sleep with. And if your not an adult. then your underage, then you shouldn't be sleeping with anyone. So let them have their equal rights, so they can be happy, I really don't see the big deal. their not hurting anyone. LOVE ONE ANOTHER. live and let live!!!
Dena

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2006

Stacy wrote:
My family was always suspicious about my friends. Everyone has thought i was going to be gay. I really don't want to Prove them right. But I guess I have to don't i?
No, Stacy, you don't have to prove anything to anybody if your old enough, that's who you are. Why does it have to be a issue anyway. I don't explain my being straight. I have two sons, 21 and 24 and if they are gay, they don't have to tell me, if they don't want to. It's their life. I love them the way they are, and nothing will ever change that. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of522
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••