Minn. Teen Denied Confirmation, Family Refused Communion Over Marriage Equality Support

Nov 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

A Catholic priest in Barnesville, Minn., denied a 17-year-old boy confirmation after he discovered the boy posted a photo on Facebook where he made it clear that he supports gay marriage, the Detroit Lakes Tribune reports.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Nov 19, 2012
 
Jose wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you and like the famous 2 sayings go "I did not leave the church, the church left me" and "You do not need to be part of organized religion to be part of God".
Indeed.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Nov 19, 2012
 
Then ask the priest if he can donate money to the Catholic Church to help in their sex abuse cases.These people want everbody straight and breding children,and are anti-abortion and anti birth-control,because they want everybody popping out kids that they can molest.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Nov 19, 2012
 
Remember the Catholic Priest on M*A*S*H?What was he concerned about? The children at the Korean orphanage.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Nov 19, 2012
 
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I just checked out. Couldn't hang anymore. Joined the second largest group in California, the Ex-Catholics.
We have a Catholic bookstore nearby and they sell a book entitled "Recovering Catholics" - ever hear of it? That's what I am.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Nov 19, 2012
 
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a Catholic bookstore nearby and they sell a book entitled "Recovering Catholics" - ever hear of it? That's what I am.
The Catholic bookstore sells that?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Nov 19, 2012
 
Author?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

SLIF wrote:
Then ask the priest if he can donate money to the Catholic Church to help in their sex abuse cases.These people want everbody straight and breding children,and are anti-abortion and anti birth-control,because they want everybody popping out kids that they can molest.
Not really. They are just in a conflicted position. They have a very strong stand on the sanctity of life as in, all life is valuable. The problem is, that 18,000 children starve to death everyday. There are too many people to do all the things which need to be done in the world so we have both a scarcity of food and meaningful jobs. They have overlooked quality of life issues. Life is valuable but we are all meant to suffer if we follow such a doctrine. This makes very little sense to me personally.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Nov 19, 2012
 
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. They are just in a conflicted position. They have a very strong stand on the sanctity of life as in, all life is valuable. The problem is, that 18,000 children starve to death everyday. There are too many people to do all the things which need to be done in the world so we have both a scarcity of food and meaningful jobs. They have overlooked quality of life issues. Life is valuable but we are all meant to suffer if we follow such a doctrine. This makes very little sense to me personally.
The RCC sorely needs it's own imposed "cultural revolution" to get the privileged candyasses out their satin skirts and palaces, and into the innercities and 3rd world trenches.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Nov 19, 2012
 
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC sorely needs it's own imposed "cultural revolution" to get the privileged candyasses out their satin skirts and palaces, and into the innercities and 3rd world trenches.
Yes it does. It's not my job. I checked out.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. It's not my job. I checked out.
If you're ducking out on Resurrection, then things are starting to get bad.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're ducking out on Resurrection, then things are starting to get bad.
I got tired of the old paternal order of things. I lost my joy in doing what I was doing. The problem with the hierarchy is the way people just get disrespected and pass the same kind of disrespect on down the line. Who needs it?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Nov 21, 2012
 
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I got tired of the old paternal order of things. I lost my joy in doing what I was doing. The problem with the hierarchy is the way people just get disrespected and pass the same kind of disrespect on down the line. Who needs it?
There was a day when Resurrection was a progressive parish. Of course, it's first two pastors were gay.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Nov 21, 2012
 
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic bookstore sells that?
Yes, I don't remember the author but I'm sure you can find the name through amazon.com .

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Nov 21, 2012
 
LuLuFord - I looked on amazon.com ; there are a number of books with that title, different authors. Those books must be interesting, I'm sure!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Nov 21, 2012
 
KirkW wrote:
The RCC have now become the thought police.
If you don't think the way they want you to they will deny you the sacraments.
One would think they are in the business of social modeling rather than saving souls.
Time for them to be taxed into oblivion.
Christ preached unconditional love, but the RCC is totally conditional!

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Nov 21, 2012
 
Sherlayne wrote:
LuLuFord - I looked on amazon.com ; there are a number of books with that title, different authors. Those books must be interesting, I'm sure!
Yes I looked. Seems the paternal order had overlooked the advancement of women as have the backward mullahs in the Middle East today. No society or organization can be great when it disrespects the gifts and talents of over 50% of its members.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Nov 21, 2012
 
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I looked. Seems the paternal order had overlooked the advancement of women as have the backward mullahs in the Middle East today. No society or organization can be great when it disrespects the gifts and talents of over 50% of its members.
As the Church of England just reiterated yesterday in denying the episcopal ordination to it's women presbyters.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
As the Church of England just reiterated yesterday in denying the episcopal ordination to it's women presbyters.
Organized religion sucks.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Shameful.

I have nothing to lose. I walked away.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Nov 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LuLu Ford wrote:
Shameful.
I have nothing to lose. I walked away.
Things will be getting far worse in the RCC, and it's going to last for quite a while. Ratzinger is placing hardliners in key positions throughout the hierarchy to guarantee those policies long after his death.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••