I think my son is gay, what should I do?

I think my son is gay, what should I do?

Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Coolguy

Irvine, CA

#1 May 1, 2008
I think my son is gay, what should I do?

That is a common question that I get asked a lot. and here is what i have to say to that.

For most parents, that is the biggest question "is my child gay?" But my question to you is "what difference does it make?" Let me tell you something, if you suspect that your child is gay, most likely they are. And you need to understand that its something they can't change no matter how many conversion camps you send them to. You have to accept it. For more information on what to do, what your child fears and more please read http://inacloset.blogspot.com/ .If you have any more questions please message me.

Coolguy4192@yahoo.com
I'm trying to start a support group, thanks for your support.

“Nothing but me”

Since: Apr 08

Kansas City

#2 May 1, 2008
What you should do is love him, he is your son.
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#3 May 1, 2008
I had suspected for a long time that my son was gay so I learned as much as I could about homosexuality. I also lurked/posted on this and other gay forums in order to get to know about the LGBT community. When he finally came out last year, my response was, "Yeah, I know. So"?

I just don't understand how some parents can feel hate and anger toward their child just because they're gay. They are the same person one second after they come out they they were one second before.

“Nothing but me”

Since: Apr 08

Kansas City

#4 May 1, 2008
Resist Ignorance wrote:
I had suspected for a long time that my son was gay so I learned as much as I could about homosexuality. I also lurked/posted on this and other gay forums in order to get to know about the LGBT community. When he finally came out last year, my response was, "Yeah, I know. So"?
I just don't understand how some parents can feel hate and anger toward their child just because they're gay. They are the same person one second after they come out they they were one second before.
Good for you, you should teach parenting seminars. A parent should be there to support their children, guide them, and offer them unconditional love.
Your son is lucky to have you as a parent, and I am guessing you are lucky to have him as a child!
michael

Marquette, MI

#5 May 1, 2008
Look for a comedy CD, by Romansky and Phillips.... it has a cool song on it...

"I was last to know....

my ma, my dad, my brothers, my sisters, my friends, all knew before I knew.... and could come out "
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#6 May 1, 2008
Danny in KCKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you, you should teach parenting seminars. A parent should be there to support their children, guide them, and offer them unconditional love.
Your son is lucky to have you as a parent, and I am guessing you are lucky to have him as a child!
Thank you. I love my son very much and I so proud of who he is. I feel the same way about my daughter too. My kids are very special to me. I am very lucky indeed.
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#7 May 4, 2008
michael wrote:
Look for a comedy CD, by Romansky and Phillips.... it has a cool song on it...
"I was last to know....
my ma, my dad, my brothers, my sisters, my friends, all knew before I knew.... and could come out "
Michael,
Sometimes that is the way that it works! I knew that my son was gay long before he 'came out' and I believe even before he admitted it to himself.

If your family 'knew' before you did, it just goes to show that your parents know you and love you for who you are. My kids and I are very close (gay son, straight daughter). Sometimes, I think we are almost telepathic because we seem to know how each of us thinks and what we will say next. I hope that you have this kind of relationship with your family and friends.

I think that things are changing for the better for the LGBT community.

Good luck in you life!

“Married as I can be!”

Since: Jun 07

Las Vegas

#8 May 4, 2008
Resist Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I love my son very much and I so proud of who he is. I feel the same way about my daughter too. My kids are very special to me. I am very lucky indeed.
You sound like my Mom and Dad. You are a wonderful parent. I hope your children know how very lucky they are!

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#11 May 4, 2008
LOVE him. Support him. Listen to him. Educate yourself and others.

Be socially active with him (and his boyfriend when he has one), and be proud of him.

PEACE !:)
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#12 May 4, 2008
ltndncr59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like my Mom and Dad. You are a wonderful parent. I hope your children know how very lucky they are!
Thanks, but I am the lucky one for having the wonderful kids that I do!
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#13 May 4, 2008
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
LOVE him. Support him. Listen to him. Educate yourself and others.
Be socially active with him (and his boyfriend when he has one), and be proud of him.
PEACE !:)
I agree 100%!

“Married as I can be!”

Since: Jun 07

Las Vegas

#14 May 4, 2008
Resist Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I am the lucky one for having the wonderful kids that I do!
Exactly what my Mom would have said!

I don't mean to cast aspersions on your age! You're probably closer to my age (48) than my Mom's.

“Nothing but me”

Since: Apr 08

Kansas City

#16 May 5, 2008
Cam wrote:
Homofascists who Spam the same refuted homofascist talking points over, and over, and over.... but it changes nothing.
EVERY peer reveiwed scientific study on the subject confirms the effectiveness of the professional therapy offered to homosexuals who want to change by tens of thousands of professionals in every city in America.
N A R T H is the most distinguished professional association specializing in the therapy, and their board and scientific advisory committee is composed of highly credentialed and experienced professionals. The studies, credentials, and extensive information invalidating your hate based tirade are available for all to see at:
w w w . n a r t h . o r g
Homosexuals who want to change can and do.
Mr Kettle, I suggest you read all of your comments, before you accuse anyone of spamming the same talking points over and over and over and over... kapich?

“Nothing but me”

Since: Apr 08

Kansas City

#17 May 5, 2008
Deb wrote:
I think my son is gay, what should I do?
The only decent thing to do is shoot the mutated scum [bad seed] between the eyes ; run the corpes through a wood chipper. incinerate the remains.
put ashes in toxic dump.
never attempt to reproduce again ..,. you failed.
Yeah, and you parents and education system did a bang up job with you!

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#18 May 5, 2008
Resist Ignorance wrote:
I had suspected for a long time that my son was gay so I learned as much as I could about homosexuality. I also lurked/posted on this and other gay forums in order to get to know about the LGBT community. When he finally came out last year, my response was, "Yeah, I know. So"?
I just don't understand how some parents can feel hate and anger toward their child just because they're gay. They are the same person one second after they come out they they were one second before.
I wish my parents were more like you.
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#19 May 5, 2008
ltndncr59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what my Mom would have said!
I don't mean to cast aspersions on your age! You're probably closer to my age (48) than my Mom's.
I'm an old man of 53 (54 next month, arg...)!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20 May 5, 2008
Deb wrote:
I think my son is gay, what should I do?
The only decent thing to do is shoot the mutated scum [bad seed] between the eyes ; run the corpes through a wood chipper. incinerate the remains.
put ashes in toxic dump.
never attempt to reproduce again ..,. you failed.
Wow...and I bet you call yourself a Christian.

“Howdy Ya'll!”

Since: Sep 07

Memphis, Tennessee

#21 May 5, 2008
so what if your son is gay. The worst thing is to tell him that he is wrong for bein' gay, he will definately feel alienated, and alone, and will be extremely upset with you, or may even not ever wanting anything to do with you ever again. Just an observation, and a reality.
Mine told me that "it was okay to like women, that they would still love me," but in reality, they do not believe it, and think that I do not know anything. My aunt justw got married 4 years ago, her step-son said that he was gay, they all didn't believe him, one even said that "well he didn't get the love from his mother that he should have when he was a kid." That makes a person gay? I think not. Just love your son, there's really nothing you can do to change his mind. If he truly is gay, let it be. If he's just experimenting and it comes up that he isn't, that should be his decision. Just except him and love him whatever he decides.
Resist Ignorance

Huntsville, AL

#22 May 5, 2008
3 fingers point back wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish my parents were more like you.
Hey, thanks! I love my kids so much and I am so very proud of them. I'm sure yours feel the same way toward you!
simon

Leeds, UK

#25 Sep 14, 2009
You can not do eny thing it's what he is and wen he says he is gay say i prowd of you for telling me thankyou and i love you what ever you are.((BUT DO NOT ACK HIM IF HE IS ALL YOU WILL DO IS MAKE HIM FEEL BAD AND THEN HE WILL THINK HE CAN NEVER TELL YOU PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND GOOD LUCK)):)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Grand Resort is Fort Lauderdale's premier g... 8 min Fred 1
News Long Beacha s colorful 35th Annual Lesbian and ... 13 min Imprtnrd 3
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 1 hr NE Jade 12
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 2 hr Sachmo 28,159
News Gay veteran with a penchant for heels wins land... 2 hr the man 89
News The Fight for LGBT Equality in 2018 Will Be Fierce 3 hr the man 131
News Kansas' Jeff Colyer Signs Bill Allowing Adoptio... 9 hr Deano 6
News French minister Mounir Mahjoubi comes out as ga... 11 hr Frankie Rizzo 5
News Gay man wants to challenge clerk who denied mar... 14 hr Frankie Rizzo 14