Debate on gay marriage set for Frankl...

Debate on gay marriage set for Franklin College

There are 179 comments on the Daily Journal story from Jan 2, 2014, titled Debate on gay marriage set for Franklin College. In it, Daily Journal reports that:

Former Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Randall Shepard will moderate a debate on the state's proposed constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Journal.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 2, 2014
It's sickening to have equal rights debated as a political matter or as an academic exercise.

The bigots have no arguments: They allow single parents, they allow sterile people to marry, they allow divorce, there's no evidence glbt parents are any worse than str8 parents (the opposite might be true for lesbian parents.)

They, in theory, can't invoke the buybull to justify laws in this non theocracy.

Marriage was not "always one man and one woman," it was most often one man and many women, or many girls, or women as the man's property.

Finally all the anti marriage equality bigots have is irrational prejudice, their own sexual problems.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 2, 2014
Can we debate hetero marriage now, too ?
Sven

France

#3 Jan 2, 2014
snyper wrote:
Can we debate hetero marriage now, too ?
No, there's nothing to debate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 2, 2014
Sven wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there's nothing to debate.
Says who?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#5 Jan 2, 2014
And it's through debate that those bogus arguments are exposed as shams. We gays have achieved an enormous amount of legal advancement in a relatively short time because we've presented the facts to dispel the stereotypes. Public discourse is one of our greatest tools.
Xstain Mullah Fricassee wrote:
It's sickening to have equal rights debated as a political matter or as an academic exercise.
The bigots have no arguments: They allow single parents, they allow sterile people to marry, they allow divorce, there's no evidence glbt parents are any worse than str8 parents (the opposite might be true for lesbian parents.)
They, in theory, can't invoke the buybull to justify laws in this non theocracy.
Marriage was not "always one man and one woman," it was most often one man and many women, or many girls, or women as the man's property.
Finally all the anti marriage equality bigots have is irrational prejudice, their own sexual problems.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Jan 2, 2014
Instead of debating; they should just do it

Franklin College should host a gay wedding
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#7 Jan 2, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
And it's through debate that those bogus arguments are exposed as shams. We gays have achieved an enormous amount of legal advancement in a relatively short time because we've presented the facts to dispel the stereotypes. Public discourse is one of our greatest tools.
<quoted text>
Don't forget many of you have also played into those stereotypes. And with the advancement of gay marriage many gays now are under the illusion anything they do can be considered reasonable only to push many of us heterosexuals away given your lack of respect and consideration to anyone not in agreement to many of your special interest based ideals.
Swede

Sweden

#8 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget many of you have also played into those stereotypes. And with the advancement of gay marriage many gays now are under the illusion anything they do can be considered reasonable only to push many of us heterosexuals away given your lack of respect and consideration to anyone not in agreement to many of your special interest based ideals.
Spot on!

You want to see gay stereotypes? Go to any gay pride parade/celebration.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't get in the gay; you won't get pushed away
The limits are published in the Gay Agenda
Here is your free copy:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.pdf
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Jan 2, 2014
**If you don't get in the WAY;
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#11 Jan 2, 2014
Swede wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
You want to see gay stereotypes? Go to any gay pride parade/celebration.
A MARCH or a DEMONSTRATION is for real
http://depts.washington.edu/labpics/repositor...
A PARADE is a street show; an entertainment fantasy that is used for fundraising
An example would be our annual Chicago Pride Inc. Parade that pumps a million dollars into charity and a half-million dollars into the City of Chicago's bank account
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#13 Jan 2, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't get in the gay; you won't get pushed away
The limits are published in the Gay Agenda
Here is your free copy:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.pdf
You need to follow it fruitbowl.

In other words you're allowed your freedoms and liberties but those same liberties cannot trample anothers.

Gay "pride" parades are a case in point.

You're allowed to have your sickening displays of sexually infused parties but given the nudity and the vulgarity to it all they need to be taken to a private venue rather than have them clogging main thoroughfares in busy cities for every kiddie to witness what a gay mans DICK looks like.

Gee...is that news to you??? That the Constitution covers heterosexuals as well???

LOL!!

Get lost.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#14 Jan 2, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
**If you don't get in the WAY;
Err....it's gay "pride" parades who force their way into mains streets of urban areas friend. So in fact...they're in the way, not us.

And I wouldn't advise having one of your pink thong wearing rainbow colored clowns that even Barnum & Bailey would tell to get lost find himself in front of my hood ornament again.

LOL!!
Xstain Mullah Fricassee

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone not in agreement to many of your special interest based ideals.
Equal rights aren't special interests. You're a sick bigot, but, on the positive side of the ledger, I think you did get through one post without regaling us on the subtleties of male undergear or male secondary sex characteristics.

So I guess the reparative therapy has been helping you...at least to stuff feelings more completely.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#16 Jan 2, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
A MARCH or a DEMONSTRATION is for real
http://depts.washington.edu/labpics/repositor...
A PARADE is a street show; an entertainment fantasy that is used for fundraising
An example would be our annual Chicago Pride Inc. Parade that pumps a million dollars into charity and a half-million dollars into the City of Chicago's bank account
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Gay "pride" parades are street shows....sickening street shows like this;

No one needs that shit Junior.

As it is I think there's one HELL of a lot more pride in being straight let alone relief in NOT being gay so I don't get the inclusion of 'pride' in your little displays of sexuality.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#17 Jan 2, 2014
Xstain Mullah Fricassee wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal rights aren't special interests. You're a sick bigot, but, on the positive side of the ledger, I think you did get through one post without regaling us on the subtleties of male undergear or male secondary sex characteristics.
So I guess the reparative therapy has been helping you...at least to stuff feelings more completely.
No they're not but you gays are going waaaay beyond equal rights in many cases and those actions are BASED on your special interests.

Get married nationwide for all I care but respect others who also share the community freak.

In other words don't think our allowance of you to eat at a public restaurant opens the door for you to wear assless chaps and dry hump your boyfriend in public.

Capiche loser?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Gay "pride" parades are street shows....sickening street shows like this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-UuYJH6ud8sXX
No one needs that shit Junior.
As it is I think there's one HELL of a lot more pride in being straight let alone relief in NOT being gay so I don't get the inclusion of 'pride' in your little displays of sexuality.
YOU enjoyed it
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Err....it's gay "pride" parades who force their way into mains streets of urban areas friend. So in fact...they're in the way, not us.
And I wouldn't advise having one of your pink thong wearing rainbow colored clowns that even Barnum & Bailey would tell to get lost find himself in front of my hood ornament again.
LOL!!
Pride parades are licensed by the governing city or county council months in advance
We are required to make an advance deposit and pay the overtime rate to city or county law enforcement for security and are responsible for cleanup and insurance as a condition for receiving the parade permit
EVERY parade float and performance is inspected and approved by city or county inspectors before they are tagged with a number and allowed to proceed
Being a spectator is voluntary
so you can only blame yourself if you don't have a good time

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20 Jan 2, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride parades are licensed by the governing city or county council months in advance
We are required to make an advance deposit and pay the overtime rate to city or county law enforcement for security and are responsible for cleanup and insurance as a condition for receiving the parade permit
EVERY parade float and performance is inspected and approved by city or county inspectors before they are tagged with a number and allowed to proceed
Being a spectator is voluntary
so you can only blame yourself if you don't have a good time
Yes, poor Dan and all his,family, friends, and neighbors, being dragged from their homes and forced to kneel on the street, in chains, to watch all the Pride parades that occur weekly. Oh, the injustice of it all.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Jan 2, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
Hood ornaments went out of style 50 years ago and are rarely worn in public today
http://m0.i.pbase.com/o6/04/318004/1/73285000...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 2 min Brian_G 539
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 3 min lides 866
News Extra security moves honorees to withdraw from ... 9 min Here is what I 2
News Newspaper: Man given clemency in murder case fa... 11 min Here is what I 3
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 23 min June VanDerMark 10,646
News Crowds, tight security expected for Cincinnati ... 25 min Gremlin 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 35 min lides 37,204
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 47 min Frankie Rizzo 12,927
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 13 hr handjob 41
More from around the web