Gay marriage opponents push ahead with ban

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: Daily Reporter 16

A proposal to write Indiana's gay marriage ban into the state constitution may be on hold as Republican leaders ponder its fate this year, but the House and Senate sponsors are charging ahead anyway.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Our fight is far from over.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#2 Jan 8, 2013
The Obamaniac should be impeached !

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Jan 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
Our fight is far from over.
But the tide is obviously turning in our favor.
Dan

Pekin, IL

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Indiana will join the mainstream of American states and ban homosexual 'marriage' in their constitution.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Nothing dies so hard, or rallies so often as intolerance.-- Henry Ward Beecher
Dan

Pekin, IL

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Nothing dies so hard, or rallies so often as intolerance.-- Henry Ward Beecher
It is racist and illogical to claim that there is any logical connection between being born an African American and choosing to engage in the God-forbidden unspeakable acts that alone define and identify homosexuals.

You are a racist, as indeed are most involved in your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>It is racist and illogical to claim that there is any logical connection between being born an African American and choosing to engage in the God-forbidden unspeakable acts that alone define and identify homosexuals.
You are a racist, as indeed are most involved in your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause.
Oh poor David, still testy because the judge won't let you have sex with your own children?
Dan

Pekin, IL

#9 Jan 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor David, still testy because the judge won't let you have sex with your own children?
You are a filthy liar projecting your own fantasies on others and disgracing your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause in the process.

You can make no rational case for homosexual 'marriage,' so like so many of your fellows, you attack those who support real marriage.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#10 Jan 9, 2013
The Republican party and teapartiers have a bad track record since Nov. of last year. THIS is at the top of their list? WOW

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Jan 9, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>You are a filthy liar projecting your own fantasies on others and disgracing your horrible hate based radical homosexual cause in the process.
You can make no rational case for homosexual 'marriage,' so like so many of your fellows, you attack those who support real marriage.
Oh David, what a sad, sad sack of sh!t you are. Maybe one day your children will forgive you for trying to sexually molest them, but I hope not. You deserve all the pain you're obviously in, and more.

Same-sex couples have the right to marry; that all the rationale I need.

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Jan 9, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
The Republican party and teapartiers have a bad track record since Nov. of last year. THIS is at the top of their list? WOW
Actually according to the article the GOP leaders are going to wait until after the SCOTUS renders their decision on DOMA & Prop 8 before deciding how to proceed. The sponsors of the bill don't really control anything after the bill has been introduced.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13 Jan 9, 2013
"When I'm asked if gay rights are civil rights, my answer is always:'Of course they are.' Civil rights are positive legal prerogatives, the right to equal treatment before the law.... There's no one in the United States who does not, or should not, share in enjoying these rights."

"Black people, of all people, should not oppose equality. And that is what gay marriage represents.... No people of good will should oppose marriage equality. And they should not think that civil unions are a substitute. At best, civil unions are separate but equal. And we all know separate is never equal."
Julian Bond

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Jan 9, 2013
Polygamy Incest Adultery wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to The Reverend Bill Owens and billions of other people you subversive dark decadent abortion loving dead branch you.
Even if there was no such thing as marriage, two people of the same sex engaging in buggery or any other physical and emotional engagements are nowhere near the concept and relationship that not only brought you into this world but ensures the future and morality of all human beings. The argument for equality between the two is unfounded and baseless.
And yet your own state supreme court ruled they ARE the same and must be treated equally.

We all know how much that just sticks in your craw!!!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
What would one expect from one of the greatest state of incest and pedophilia. Take a look at Pittsfields Politics or North Adams.
INSANE!!!!
So we learn the hard way sheep just like the jew run run of NY and CA, most delegates, and both broke. I guess that's Bushes fault too. We deserve the downfall that is to come.
B`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`
And you're anti-semitic as well; what a suprise.

Now keep whining about gays being treated equally. That way we know our plan is working!

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Jan 9, 2013
"If elected I'll cut the deficit in half!"
~Barack Hussein Obama 2008
"If unemployment is still above 8% then I shouldn't be reelected."
A country full of brilliance.
Feel free to leave anytime. I'm sure there are more than enough people willing to drive you to the nearest border crossing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22 Jan 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>It is racist and illogical to claim that there is any logical connection between being born an African American and choosing to engage in the God-forbidden unspeakable acts that alone define and identify homosexuals.
Tell that to:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min lides 5,711
Studies Show Voters Can Be Swayed on Gay Marria... 4 min WeTheSheeple 2
Supreme Court allows gay marriage to proceed in... 9 min TomInElPaso 22
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 14 min WeTheSheeple 5,058
The Monday Morning NE Jade Thread 17 min Keif 2
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 1 hr Quest 44
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr chris toal 26,788
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr KiMerde 2,910
More from around the web