Federal judge's ruling guts Propositi...

Federal judge's ruling guts Proposition 8, the voter-approved ban o...

There are 68 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Federal judge's ruling guts Proposition 8, the voter-approved ban o.... In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Wednesday's ruling shooting down a ban on same-sex marriages in California was welcomed, and somewhat expected, by many who were watching from the sidelines in Santa Cruz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Jesus Is Lord”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#68 Aug 7, 2010
Jud 1:4 For some people have slipped in among you unnoticed. They were written about long ago as being deserving of this condemnation because they are ungodly. They turn the grace of our God into uncontrollable lust and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 Now I want to remind you, even though you are fully aware of these things, that the Lord who once saved his people from the land of Egypt later destroyed those who did not believe.
Jud 1:6 He has also held in eternal chains those angels who did not keep their own position but abandoned their assigned place. They are held in deepest darkness for judgment on the great day.
Jud 1:7 Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them, which like them committed sexual sins and engaged in homosexual activities, serve as an example of the punishment of eternal fire.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#69 Aug 7, 2010
My husband and I were married in our church before God, our family and friends. You are mistaken.
Hans wrote:
The way I see it is really quite simple. Marriage is from God. There is also unions by government which is called marriage. God joins a man and woman in marriage. The joining of two men in marriage is impossible. So if the civil law changes, permitting same sex marriages, it is only a civil arranngement, a contract or civil union.
It is not marriage.
So you may be married in the eyes of the law, but you are not married. Government can just as well rule, pass a law or amend the constitution to allow marriages of dogs and cats.
The government or courts are just borrowing a word that God uses to describe a spiritual act.
So you can overturn every law in the state, but it will never be marriage.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#71 Aug 7, 2010
Man of the Cloth wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a Carnal(Fleshly) sin it is a addiction like alcohol or Crack. There is no more a Hormone or Gene which cause's homosexuality then there is one for alcoholics.
It is a life style Choice
Rom 12:1 I therefore urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercies, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices that are holy and pleasing to God, for this is the reasonable way for you to worship.
Rom 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but continually be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God's will is-what is proper, pleasing, and perfect.
Again, Saul was a platonist and a heretic.

btw, alcoholism (not alcohol abuse) IS genetic.

DOH!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#72 Aug 7, 2010
Man of the Cloth wrote:
between thy seed don't you know that is off spring, lol
Jonathan never had any offspring. His one and only marriage lasted 15 years and ended when he died in battle. This is the example God uses to show marriages end when by death we are parted.

Likewise, David didn't have offspring during the 15 years of marriage because his loyalty in marriage to Jonathan exceeded that of any woman.
.
If this script was to be re-enacted onstage in a 4-act play; it would be rated XXX and theatre would be raided. "Cover the kids eyes Mavis; David just had an orgasm onstage!"
.
Here it is; right out of your grandmother's PRE-1952 King James Bible:(deleted from the new watered-down fundie bibles)
__________
.
1 Samuel 18:1> And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. 18:4> And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
.
1 Samuel 20:41> And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. 20:42> And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.
.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! O Jonathan, thou wast slain in thine high places. 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#73 Aug 7, 2010
Man of the Cloth wrote:
it is a Carnal(Fleshly) sin it is a addiction like alcohol or Crack. There is no more a Hormone or Gene which cause's homosexuality then there is one for alcoholics.
It is a life style Choice
Well, why didn't you say so to begin with!
.
YOU were born with bisexual orientation (ability to switch back and forth between loving a man or loving a woman)*BY CHOICE*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality
.
It has been very deceptive of you to carry on without being honest with us about your bisexuality from the start; because it invalidates the dialogue
.
Your homophobia causes you to hide behind the bible; while you threaten people who were born with an entirely different type of sexual orientation that don't know exists. We can only describe it to you; but you will never experience it; YOUR sexual orientation will forever be bisexual; regardless of the sex of your partner.
.
The rest of us are born with MONOSEXUAL orientation and can fall in love with ONE SEX ONLY as determined from birth. NO *choice*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosexuality
.
Here is the college chart that illustrates it:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/52...
.
On the chart: Bisexuals are on a sloping scale #1,#2,#3,#4, or #5
.
Monosexuals are at each end of the chart; #0 and #6
.
Find your number so we can help you find yourself
anneshirley

Hayward, CA

#75 Aug 7, 2010
curious cat wrote:
<quoted text>
you are repetitive and not persuasive. you are wasting the time of well intentioned people. please shut up.
I agree with curious cat.
MotC--you still have not addressed any possible translation issues. Not to mention interpretation.
You are lost, lost, lost.
Section 8 LGBT people

Santa Cruz, CA

#77 Aug 10, 2010
let's return to LGBT discrimination in (Section 8) housing for a moment.

for those who are not familiar with the situation at the Mission Gardens Apartments -- managed by The John Stewart Company. the gang of haters in at the Mission Gardens TARGET ANYONE WHO THEY PERCEIVE TO BE LGBT: it doesn't matter whether you are actually LGBT or not. members of this lynch mob will threaten you, spew hate filled language at you, accuse you of abominable acts, and try to run you out of Mission Gardens JUST BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE YOU ARE LGBT.

this is what is even more scary than other places. just because one of these haters gets it in their head that you are LGBT, they will go out to annihilate you. this is what happened to me. it could happen to anyone. to anyone.

SCARY BUT TRUE. BUT --

as announced during Gay Pride Month, President Obama is behind me:

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/president_obam ...

he is protecting PERCEIVED LGBT people (in Section 8 housing) under the Fair Housing Act. he supports my cause.

good for Obama, good for me.
DBS

San Jose, CA

#80 Feb 7, 2013
Section 8 LGBT people wrote:
let's return to LGBT discrimination in (Section 8) housing for a moment.
for those who are not familiar with the situation at the Mission Gardens Apartments -- managed by The John Stewart Company. the gang of haters in at the Mission Gardens TARGET ANYONE WHO THEY PERCEIVE TO BE LGBT: it doesn't matter whether you are actually LGBT or not. members of this lynch mob will threaten you, spew hate filled language at you, accuse you of abominable acts, and try to run you out of Mission Gardens JUST BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE YOU ARE LGBT.
this is what is even more scary than other places. just because one of these haters gets it in their head that you are LGBT, they will go out to annihilate you. this is what happened to me. it could happen to anyone. to anyone.
SCARY BUT TRUE. BUT --
as announced during Gay Pride Month, President Obama is behind me:
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/president_obam ...
he is protecting PERCEIVED LGBT people (in Section 8 housing) under the Fair Housing Act. he supports my cause.
good for Obama, good for me.
No John, they just wanted to make you go away.

LGBT has nothing to do with wanting to be rid of a whackjob!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 3 min Pietro Armando 8,778
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 min Belle Sexton 34,838
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 10 min tongangodz 7,236
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South 24 min Silent Echo 11
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 26 min Messenger 3,100
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 27 min Belle Sexton 33
News Lord Montagu dead: Fast cars and gay rights - a... 37 min Christsharia Law 1
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 40 min NorCal Native 372
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 2 hr woodtick57 297
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 2 hr WasteWater 1,168
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr NoahLovesU 25,785
More from around the web