Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gays as members

Feb 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOLD-TV Tucson

President Barack Obama said Sunday that gays should be allowed in the Boy Scouts and women should be allowed in military combat roles, weighing in on two storied American institutions facing proposals to end long-held exclusions.

Comments
1 - 20 of 114 Comments Last updated Aug 22, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

And that's why I voted to re-elect President Obama.

Thank you Mr. President for you leadership.
Luigi

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gays as members.

Why am I not surprised.

Obama is leading the downfall of America!

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Luigi wrote:
Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gays as members.
Why am I not surprised.
Obama is leading the downfall of America!
Or, providing civil rights for all Americans.
Warren

Eslöv, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

My taxes and health insurance are through the roof and Obama is recommending allowing queers in the Boy Scouts.

Thanks Obama! Thanks a lot!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Thank you, Mr.President.

“Now do whats right!”

Doolittle, Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Warren wrote:
My taxes and health insurance are through the roof and Obama is recommending allowing queers in the Boy Scouts.
You have your problems and gay children had theirs. If those children had the ability to understand your problems they would most likely empathize, but apparantly you wouldn't with theirs.
David Traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Warren wrote:
And what has one to do with the other, pray..? Next you'll be blaming constipation on Obama and the gays..

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Warren wrote:
Bullcrap. If your taxes are too high, perhaps you should take the matter to your city, county, and state. That's where most of your taxes are collected, not the Federal. I haven't paid Federal taxes in over 5 years, but I've paid a bundle in sales tax, property tax, personal property tax, and other "user fees" to the city, county, and state. That's who you should be targeting, but I guess it's easier to just blame someone who has no control over your taxes.
Harold

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullcrap. If your taxes are too high, perhaps you should take the matter to your city, county, and state. That's where most of your taxes are collected, not the Federal. I haven't paid Federal taxes in over 5 years, but I've paid a bundle in sales tax, property tax, personal property tax, and other "user fees" to the city, county, and state. That's who you should be targeting, but I guess it's easier to just blame someone who has no control over your taxes.
Obviously you don't have a job.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't have a job.
I don't need a job. I have Soc. Sec., pension, and a sizable amount in savings. That savings comes from many years of working, investing, and learning the tax code, so I didn't have to pay a lot of taxes then, or now. Perhaps instead of complaining here on Topix, you should learn the tax code, so you, also, could avoid paying them. It's really not difficult, just a lot of reading.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Warren wrote:
health insurance cost increases have slowed dramatically since the Obama administration. one would think you maybe you don't even pay those things....
Ronson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a job. I have Soc. Sec., pension, and a sizable amount in savings. That savings comes from many years of working, investing, and learning the tax code, so I didn't have to pay a lot of taxes then, or now. Perhaps instead of complaining here on Topix, you should learn the tax code, so you, also, could avoid paying them. It's really not difficult, just a lot of reading.
In other words you mooched off the government your whole life. Being you're a queer, that doesn't surprise me in the least.

“Equality First”

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ronson wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you mooched off the government your whole life. Being you're a queer, that doesn't surprise me in the least.
No. I paid taxes. Just not as much as the average Ronson, because I had the smarts to do a little research. Well, the smarts, and a job which required me to know the tax code. So instead of complaining, why not go on-line and do a little research? Or is that too much work, when you could be on here complaining?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ronson wrote:
<quoted text>
How is paying the legal amount of owed taxes mooching?

I mean, if you buy an item at a store, and there is a 20% off coupon in the aisle tag below it and you do not use it...that's just stupid.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ronson wrote:
<quoted text>
operant fallacies: Argumentum ad Hominem, Straw Man, Apophasis, Fallacy of Division, Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy

operant biases: Backfire Effect, Confirmation Bias, Bayesian Conservatism, Essentialism, Semmelweis Reflex, Status Quo Bias, Stereotyping, Subjective Validation

You seem to be displaying Cognitive Distortion.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Warren wrote:
Your internet proxy is from Sweden. So which part are you lying about?
Bob Lewis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Of course, it is sad to watch Obama's daily rants dividing America and diminishing the American family but we are pitiful. Obama is just taking advantage of our status as Less Than previous generations of American citizens and parents which we earned when he was re=elected.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Bob Lewis wrote:
Of course, it is sad to watch Obama's daily rants dividing America and diminishing the American family but we are pitiful. Obama is just taking advantage of our status as Less Than previous generations of American citizens and parents which we earned when he was re=elected.
Somone can make you do and think a certain way? who is doing the dividing?
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>health insurance cost increases have slowed dramatically since the Obama administration. one would think you maybe you don't even pay those things....
But not for the suckers who pay the freight. they are slowly learning though. they will learn the "system". and there will be equality one way or the other. If it is the gutter level, well so be it.

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Or, providing civil rights for all Americans.
Which part of the bill of rights guarantees a boy scout membership?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••