Ohio High School Students Told To Remove Rainbow T-Shirts Supporting Gay Rights

Oct 31, 2012 Full story: www.usnews.com 243

Just three days after Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan held an energetic rally in Celina, Ohio , the seat of one of the most firmly Republican counties in the state, the high school there is at the center of a debate over what constitutes "political" or "disruptive" clothing.

Full Story
San Diego

San Diego, CA

#174 Nov 2, 2012
They should be wearing "I Support Shari Law"
notjebbush

Tampa, FL

#175 Nov 2, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation-
You have no rebuttal.
translaion: move to iran if you don't like freedom. moron.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#176 Nov 2, 2012
Troyboy80 wrote:
Who gives a dam about a bunch of fanny bandits and carpet munchers ... All these kids these days say they are bi or gay until it becomes unpopular. and then they say they are straight .
I can't say anything positive about gays because there is nothing positive about them . There's not too many creepier things than walking into a club and seeing two guys dancing to "Tainted Love"or seeing two females "one of whom has a crew cut complete with rat tail , flannel shirt , baggy jeans and black converse hightops " fondleing each others ..
i LOVE Soft Cell's cover of "Tained Love" !

:)

Marc Almond ROCKS !

:)

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#177 Nov 2, 2012
Troyboy80 wrote:
Who gives a dam about a bunch of fanny bandits and carpet munchers ... All these kids these days say they are bi or gay until it becomes unpopular. and then they say they are straight .
I can't say anything positive about gays because there is nothing positive about them . There's not too many creepier things than walking into a club and seeing two guys dancing to "Tainted Love"or seeing two females "one of whom has a crew cut complete with rat tail , flannel shirt , baggy jeans and black converse hightops " fondleing each others ..
you should probably stop going to gay bars then
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#178 Nov 2, 2012
notjebbush wrote:
<quoted text>
translaion: move to iran if you don't like freedom. moron.
Freedom does not mean the freedom to redefine marriage, parenting and society.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#179 Nov 2, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
you should probably stop going to gay bars then
i LOVE gay bars !

:)

especially when they play Soft Cell's cover of "Tainted Love" !

:)

Marc Almond ROCKS !

:)

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#180 Nov 2, 2012
i get tired ofstories like ths. you go to school to be educated and to opn your mind to psibilities utmany schools seemt think they know what posiblites you should oen your mind to

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#181 Nov 2, 2012
centereach ny wrote:
i get tired ofstories like ths. you go to school to be educated and to opn your mind to psibilities utmany schools seemt think they know what posiblites you should oen your mind to
You guys got power there now ? How was the storm by you ?
No means Maybe

El Paso, TX

#182 Nov 2, 2012
So, it's okay to wear a "I support traditional marriage" shirts? How 'bout "I hate gay people" shirts. Are they okay to wear at school?

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#183 Nov 2, 2012
No means Maybe wrote:
So, it's okay to wear a "I support traditional marriage" shirts? How 'bout "I hate gay people" shirts. Are they okay to wear at school?
SCOTUS says yes.
hahahaha

Carmel, IN

#184 Nov 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>How totalitarian of you:-\ How dare kids be different from each other and be expected to get along with each other. Tsk, Tsk, just terrible. See, honey, the problem is that many parents teach their kids intolerance by example. That's where the problem is. Forced uniformity of dress and opinion doesn't help raise free-thinkers and creative learners. Of course, if you're a fan of the Chinese style of behavior modification, your way would be the best way. Okey, dokey...
Thank you for showing your ignorance for all to see. Only the stupid think they can only express themselves by their clothing, make up, hairstyles, etc. It's school, not a fashion show. If you want to show your free thinking ability you do it in the classroom and during extra curriculars. You particpate within your community and share your skills and ideas. It doesn't take brains to put on a rainbow shirt but it does take brains to articulate yourself in an intelligent fashion. Wearing uniforms is not a 'Chinese style' although many ignorant people seem to make that correlation. Students attending some of the finest schools in the world wear uniforms. They do so because they are proud of their community. They respect their peers and they are not so insecure that they feel their clothing will prevent them from thinking! Only an empty headed fool would subscribe to such nonsense. Hello, Elise. Buy a clue.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#185 Nov 2, 2012
No means Maybe wrote:
So, it's okay to wear a "I support traditional marriage" shirts? How 'bout "I hate gay people" shirts. Are they okay to wear at school?
In my opinion yes. Im a conservative but I am also a free speech advocate.
After all if a School can outlaw this t shirt then a Liberal one here in California can outlaw a pro Christian t shirt.
Anyone can support free speech they agree with. But a true free speech advocate supports free speech even when he disagrees with the message.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#186 Nov 2, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for showing your ignorance for all to see. Only the stupid think they can only express themselves by their clothing, make up, hairstyles, etc. It's school, not a fashion show. If you want to show your free thinking ability you do it in the classroom and during extra curriculars. You particpate within your community and share your skills and ideas. It doesn't take brains to put on a rainbow shirt but it does take brains to articulate yourself in an intelligent fashion. Wearing uniforms is not a 'Chinese style' although many ignorant people seem to make that correlation. Students attending some of the finest schools in the world wear uniforms. They do so because they are proud of their community. They respect their peers and they are not so insecure that they feel their clothing will prevent them from thinking! Only an empty headed fool would subscribe to such nonsense. Hello, Elise. Buy a clue.
wow ... your right dumbazz.... no child needs to wear a cross to school... its distracting from the education process,,, how dare christards do that

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#192 Nov 2, 2012
How typical is it when only the conservatives cheer for teenagers being forced to take their shirts off?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#193 Nov 2, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom does not mean the freedom to redefine marriage, parenting and society.
That's PRECISELY what it means!!!
Bob

Seattle, WA

#194 Nov 3, 2012
Christian kids can not wear christian T-shirts, have a bible at school or a bible club. Its only fair.

We are all sinners, but to actually promote evil, is an abomination. I think the the gay T- shirts should be banned.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#195 Nov 3, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom does not mean the freedom to redefine marriage, parenting and society.
You can't have freedom at the expense of another person's freedom Dr. Martin Luther King once said "unless we're all free no one's free"
and sometimes freedom does call for redefinition

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#197 Nov 3, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't have freedom at the expense of another person's freedom Dr. Martin Luther King once said "unless we're all free no one's free"
and sometimes freedom does call for redefinition
expansion
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#198 Nov 3, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>wow ... your right dumbazz.... no child needs to wear a cross to school... its distracting from the education process,,, how dare christards do that
come on. You can almost sense that the round ups of people are going to happen again. What happened was that religion that was behind most of us became part of the group package. So now it competes with all of the others representing us all. You believe its morning on gaia earth. I know that unprotected non God fearing America is getting its due. It is not the religion. It is the non adherence to discipline that keeps things much cheaper to survive and live on that is screwed up. Of course it is different levels. But if a much higher percentage of taxes, fees and fines and everything else is paid by those who screw up at a lower level and are tired of it. Thus the decline in America. And well, maybe you should get it.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#199 Nov 3, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> come on. You can almost sense that the round ups of people are going to happen again. What happened was that religion that was behind most of us became part of the group package. So now it competes with all of the others representing us all. You believe its morning on gaia earth. I know that unprotected non God fearing America is getting its due. It is not the religion. It is the non adherence to discipline that keeps things much cheaper to survive and live on that is screwed up. Of course it is different levels. But if a much higher percentage of taxes, fees and fines and everything else is paid by those who screw up at a lower level and are tired of it. Thus the decline in America. And well, maybe you should get it.
And your point is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do STR8 guys 'hang out' all day in a GLBT f... 12 min Sgt Common Sense 11
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 22 min PUTIN a NAZI PIG 1,364
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min ward 49,810
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 24 min Poof1 644
What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook? 34 min Yakitori 4
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 36 min Yakitori 14
Question: How many of you Lesbians or Gay Guys ... 47 min Wondering 6
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 50 min Yakitori 16
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr TomInElPaso 392
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 hr Imprtnrd 55,891
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••