Ohio High School Students Told To Remove Rainbow T-Shirts Supporting Gay Rights

Oct 31, 2012 Full story: www.usnews.com 243

Just three days after Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan held an energetic rally in Celina, Ohio , the seat of one of the most firmly Republican counties in the state, the high school there is at the center of a debate over what constitutes "political" or "disruptive" clothing.

Full Story

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#265 Nov 9, 2012
californio wrote:
<quoted text> Its still stricter then many of the Voter ID laws proposed here in the USA that had people screaming.
I don't even know how you vote other than with voting machines...how do you qualify, what type of identification is needed, how do they make sure that people don't vote more than once?
I'm genuinely curious, and I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up.

Montreal

#266 Nov 9, 2012
Rosa Winkel wrote:
Rather than remove their rainbow shirts, they should tie a knot in them. Then the shirt would be lifted.
An interesting way to support gay rights.
Rosa, I haven't seen you around lately!
Any more stupid trolling from whatshisface (I forgot his name, pretty understandable though)?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#267 Nov 9, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know how you vote other than with voting machines...how do you qualify, what type of identification is needed, how do they make sure that people don't vote more than once?
I'm genuinely curious, and I'm too lazy at the moment to look it up.
In California all I do is sign my name on a piece of paper, its considered racist to ask for a picture ID here, which is all the Pennsylvania law would have required that had Democrats all upset.

Montreal

#268 Nov 9, 2012
californio wrote:
<quoted text> In California all I do is sign my name on a piece of paper, its considered racist to ask for a picture ID here, which is all the Pennsylvania law would have required that had Democrats all upset.
That's dumb...so just anyone can walk in and claim to be you, then vote?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#269 Nov 9, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much thats it.. So if I saw Joe Smith had not voted yet I could go to you and say go in there and tell them you are Joe Smith and vote.

Montreal

#270 Nov 9, 2012
californio wrote:
<quoted text> Pretty much thats it.. So if I saw Joe Smith had not voted yet I could go to you and say go in there and tell them you are Joe Smith and vote.
Again, that's dumb.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#271 Nov 9, 2012
californio wrote:
<quoted text> Pretty much thats it.. So if I saw Joe Smith had not voted yet I could go to you and say go in there and tell them you are Joe Smith and vote.
it's not that way in every state, in Connecticut you have to have ID, and nobody makes a stink.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#272 Nov 9, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not sure about where you live, but when i lived in NYS we had to register to vote. when we registered we signed the registration card. then on election day we'd go to the polls and we'd have to sign the voter registry ledger and normally under the watchful eye of the same 103 year old woman who sat there watching you fill out your registration card 10 or 15 years previously. the signature was then compared to that on our voter registration card, and if it matched we could vote. not only that, but we had to vote where we were registered, and as just about everybody in your ward or voting district would know you, there was little chance of some stranger just wandering in and signing your signature, and then saying,'hi, agnes... did ya get them bunions taken care of yet? or 'hey ms. muldoon, how's them grand babies doin'? did little rufus get over the colic? shore was a cryin' shame ta hear 'bout myrtle fallin' an' breakin' her hip like that the other sunday,' and then going in to vote under your name.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#273 Nov 9, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosa, I haven't seen you around lately!
Any more stupid trolling from whatshisface (I forgot his name, pretty understandable though)?
Gday Lacez. How's it going? It must be pretty cold now, in the Land of Maple Leaves. We're heading into summer here.

I haven't heard from that dingbat Mojo, he went strangely quiet. Guess we gave him a lesson or two, lol. D*mn him for ruining one of my favourite Doors songs!

He does remind me Y South Australians are called Croweaters.

Montreal

#274 Nov 9, 2012
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gday Lacez. How's it going? It must be pretty cold now, in the Land of Maple Leaves. We're heading into summer here.
I haven't heard from that dingbat Mojo, he went strangely quiet. Guess we gave him a lesson or two, lol. D*mn him for ruining one of my favourite Doors songs!
Ahh yes, I've already gotten my first 2 week long cold...it's been around 5C these past few weeks and I'm guessing it'll drop in another 2 or 3 weeks to -10C.
I'm better now, finally, but it took quite a bit out of me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#275 Nov 9, 2012
californio wrote:
<quoted text>Canada also has strict voter ID laws, should we import them?
Is that what I said, smart guy?

Canada's health care system isn't flawless but it's a model country in that respect. You make an appointment, the doctor sees you, and depending on how serious it is, follow ups happen within a month or so. I had several ultrasound exams and an MRI without paying a penny out of pocket.
Ohio man

Lima, OH

#276 Nov 12, 2012
obama sucks

Montreal

#277 Nov 12, 2012
Ohio man wrote:
obama sucks
Really, do you have the same thoughts about his action of saving the auto industry in your state?
Bluntforce

Twinsburg, OH

#278 Nov 12, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, do you have the same thoughts about his action of saving the auto industry in your state?
He "saved" the auto industry by giving control of GM to the UAW with the THEFT of our tax dollars. Money, which we will never see paid back. And don't give us that ObamaThug bullshit about GM paying off their bailout. They still owe the American taxpayer's billions.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#279 Nov 13, 2012
You have no idea what your talking about if you think congress isn't watching over this think again nothing those republican vultures would love better than to have that hanging over Obama's head

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#280 Nov 13, 2012
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
"Croweaters" ?

What's the idea behind that term?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#281 Nov 13, 2012
snyper wrote:
"Croweaters" ?
What's the idea behind that term?
The South Australian colony was one of the first which didn't begin as a way of emptying a British prison and it didn't go particularly well for quite a few years. Having significantly reduced the local population of larger edible animals and unable to afford anything else that could be brought in, most of the colonists were literally reduced to eating crow as a way of avoiding starving to death. The name croweater was looked at as a badge of honor of having lived through that.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#282 Nov 13, 2012
Interesting.

Thanks.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#283 Nov 13, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes, I've already gotten my first 2 week long cold...it's been around 5C these past few weeks and I'm guessing it'll drop in another 2 or 3 weeks to -10C.
I'm better now, finally, but it took quite a bit out of me.
Sorry to hear that, Lacez. Hope you're OK.

One thing I do when I've got a cold is to eat soup with a lot of chilli. It makes it worse @ first, then better after a couple of days.
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#284 Nov 13, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The South Australian colony was one of the first which didn't begin as a way of emptying a British prison and it didn't go particularly well for quite a few years. Having significantly reduced the local population of larger edible animals and unable to afford anything else that could be brought in, most of the colonists were literally reduced to eating crow as a way of avoiding starving to death. The name croweater was looked at as a badge of honor of having lived through that.
U know our history well. It's used a lot in SA, for example their football team is the Adelaide Crows.

So I was surprised to hear that Americans use that expression as an insult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 5 min Tubal Cain 1,963
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 9 min anonymous 56,024
Biggest Gay Lies 19 min Frankie Rizzo 2,072
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 37 min Frankie Rizzo 1,282
Domestic violence likely more frequent for same... 42 min NE Jade 15
TN pastor vows not to 'repent' for homophobia: ... 42 min reallynow 18
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min mahz 49,894
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Joint man 237
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 1 hr DaveinMass 887
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••