Op-ed: It's Time to Take Gay Bars Outside of the Gayborhood

Aug 25, 2014 Full story: Advocate 24

Understandably, the LGBT community has created strongholds in urban environments where strength in numbers offers inhabitants a voice as well as safety.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 25, 2014
Go, gay rights, GO!!!!!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Aug 25, 2014
Opening more gay bars will just serve to supercharge the HIV infection rate.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#3 Aug 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Opening more gay bars will just serve to supercharge the HIV infection rate.
Isn't it time for you to polish your jackboots, Adolph?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#4 Aug 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Opening more gay bars will just serve to supercharge the HIV infection rate.
And fire hydrants cause fires. Damned idiot!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 25, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
And fire hydrants cause fires. Damned idiot!
Aren't we blessed that he takes time from his active/fulfilling straight life to post his gems of wisdom here on the gay threads….24/7?
Doctor Snapfinger

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Aug 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Opening more gay bars will just serve to supercharge the HIV infection rate.
We're switching to ebola
.
It wipes out the homophobe population faster
.
All they have to do is spout malarkey from the evangelical fundamentalist 'bible'; and ZAP!
.
They're toast
Jeffreys Little Munchkin

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Aug 25, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't we blessed that he takes time from his active/fulfilling straight life to post his gems of wisdom here on the gay threads….24/7?
We're providing an important public service
.
We're keeping him busy so he doesn't eat his victims

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#8 Aug 25, 2014
Back on topic, this article is a bit too smug. So what? There have been gay bars in many downtowns for years, often serving an "after work" crowd. If these guys really want to do something new, they could open a gay bar in a suburb where none exist or in a middle class but ethnically minority area.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Aug 25, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't we blessed that he takes time from his active/fulfilling straight life to post his gems of wisdom here on the gay threads….24/7?
It's far from 24/7 but yes you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#10 Aug 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's far from 24/7 but yes you are.
Yes. We are blessed with Jade's posts too. They are often very amusing in their child like simplicity. Such as when he calls me a cripple and calls my houseboat a ramp to a raft because I am straight.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#11 Aug 25, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
Back on topic, this article is a bit too smug. So what? There have been gay bars in many downtowns for years, often serving an "after work" crowd. If these guys really want to do something new, they could open a gay bar in a suburb where none exist or in a middle class but ethnically minority area.
That's because Canada is very gay.
Mitt s Baptism of Corpses

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Aug 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's far from 24/7 but yes you are.
Name any hobby you spend more time on than you spend defaming lgbt people and getting every basic fact wrong.

You can't. There aren't that many hours in a day.
Currywurst

Dallas, TX

#14 Aug 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Anyone know?
I know...

...that you're kray-zee!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#15 Aug 25, 2014
Currywurst wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...
...that you're kray-zee!
They did it because I am kray-zee eh? What's kray-zee?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20 Aug 25, 2014
Currywurst wrote:
<quoted text>
I know...
...that you're kray-zee!
Just when I think the old fool can't crawl any lower, he tops it with posting that the beheading of a journalist was murder sparked by crazed gays. Sad what some people do to seek attention. He will claim it was all in drunken fun, a couple "yuk, yuks and good times" and off he obsessively will go to post and beat his dead polygamy pony.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#21 Aug 25, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I think the old fool can't crawl any lower, he tops it with posting that the beheading of a journalist was murder sparked by crazed gays. Sad what some people do to seek attention. He will claim it was all in drunken fun, a couple "yuk, yuks and good times" and off he obsessively will go to post and beat his dead polygamy pony.
YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times! Crazed. Not crazy. I'm crazy. They're crazed. There IS a difference.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#22 Aug 25, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I think the old fool ...bla bla bla.... Sad...

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#23 Aug 26, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because Canada is very gay.
My comment pertained to the US, where I lived for 52 years, squirrel brain.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#24 Aug 26, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment pertained to the US, where I lived for 52 years, squirrel brain.
He will sober up and get it later!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#25 Aug 26, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment pertained to the US, where I lived for 52 years, squirrel brain.
Still. Canada is a very gay country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 3 min Mikey 3,155
Ala judges weighing whether to perform same-sex... 5 min Whos Your Daddy Now 13
How gay couples should plan finances ahead of t... 32 min Fa-Foxy 10
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Brian_G 8,816
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr woodtick57 57,258
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 hr david traversa 1
Ex-Ford Employee Claims He Was Fired For Anti-G... 4 hr Heinz Pickle 30
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 hr Cali Girl 2014 68,889
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 11 hr Dab 6,350
More from around the web