Verdict on 'ex-gay' advert appeal

Verdict on 'ex-gay' advert appeal

There are 27 comments on the Braintree and Witham Times story from Jan 27, 2014, titled Verdict on 'ex-gay' advert appeal. In it, Braintree and Witham Times reports that:

There was a ban on London bus adverts reading: ''Not Gay! Ex-Gay, Post-Gay and Proud.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Braintree and Witham Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Thailand

#1 Jan 27, 2014
How about proving that there really are "ex-gays"? Since there is no credible evidence that anyone can change their sexual orientation, then a ban on what is unsubstantiated propaganda is certainly justified.
Don

Mountain View, CA

#2 Jan 27, 2014
Dubya wrote:
How about proving that there really are "ex-gays"? Since there is no credible evidence that anyone can change their sexual orientation, then a ban on what is unsubstantiated propaganda is certainly justified.
Homosexuality is a disease like alcoholism. An alcoholic will always be an alcoholic but they can learn to live without drinking.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3 Jan 27, 2014
The article does say that the Court ruled that the ban itself was valid, the British aren't as picky about their free speech rights as we are, they are only questioning the rather suspect way it came about.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 27, 2014
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
An alcoholic will always be an alcoholic but they can learn to live without drinking.
That isn't working very well for you, is it?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#5 Jan 27, 2014
Don wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
Irrational bigotry is a disease like an addiction to kiddie porn. A kiddie porn addict will always be a kiddie porn addict, but they can learn to live without looking for trouble. Your obvious problems with our homosexuality, no longer our problem. Thanks for sharing, but it is you who need professional help.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#6 Jan 27, 2014
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a disease like alcoholism. An alcoholic will always be an alcoholic but they can learn to live without drinking.
And yet, you ignore the real basis of homosexuality. Although most people think that homosexuality is all about sex, it is not. It is about the love that one man has for another man, or one woman has for another woman. Yes, we do engage in sex, but our quest in life is not the sex.Just as in the life of a heterosexual, it is not for sex in and of itself. It is about searching for that one person who will become the focus of our life. The object of our affection, commitment, and dedication. The one with whom we shall bond, and hopefully, spend our life. In short it is about love, not sex. Once you can wrap your mind around that idea, you will find that your disdain for us will fade, and you can get on with a life that should be about love and acceptance, not hate.
Go Daddy

Stafford, VA

#7 Jan 27, 2014
Dubya wrote:
How about proving that there really are "ex-gays"? Since there is no credible evidence that anyone can change their sexual orientation, then a ban on what is unsubstantiated propaganda is certainly justified.
There's no evidence that you freaks are not mentally ill either.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Jan 27, 2014
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a disease like alcoholism. An alcoholic will always be an alcoholic but they can learn to live without drinking.
Wrong! oh mighty alcohol breath
.
GOD purposely designed gays in such a way that we can NOT defile ourselves with women
.
Only gay men will make it to heaven
.
They will only be redeemed from among men, and they have to be the first fruits
.
Men who have sex with women won't get in
.
++++++++++
Revelation 14:1> And I looked, and loe, a Lambe stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundreth fourty and foure thousand, hauing his Fathers Name written in their foreheads.
.
Revelation 14:2> And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voyce of a great thunder: and I heard the voyce of harpers, harping with their harpes.
.
Revelation 14:3> And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the foure beasts, and the Elders, and no man could learne that song, but the hundreth and fourtie and foure thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
.
Revelation 14:4> These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgines: These are they which follow the Lambe whithersoeuer hee goeth: These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits vnto God, and to the Lambe.
.
Revelation 14:5> And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
++++++++++
.
So it behooves all you self-appointed orgasm police to stop trying to get us gay guys to defile ourselves with women
.
YOU will cause us to lose our ticket for the tram ride to glory
.
So butt out

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#9 Jan 27, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
There's no evidence that you freaks are not mentally ill either.
According to you, but you are currently suffering from the delusion that you actually have a clue as to what you are jerking off over. You are free to go away at any point now.
Go Daddy

Stafford, VA

#10 Jan 27, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! oh mighty alcohol breath
.
GOD purposely designed gays in such a way that we can NOT defile ourselves with women
.
Only gay men will make it to heaven
.
They will only be redeemed from among men, and they have to be the first fruits
.
Men who have sex with women won't get in
.
++++++++++
Revelation 14:1> And I looked, and loe, a Lambe stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundreth fourty and foure thousand, hauing his Fathers Name written in their foreheads.
.
Revelation 14:2> And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voyce of a great thunder: and I heard the voyce of harpers, harping with their harpes.
.
Revelation 14:3> And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the foure beasts, and the Elders, and no man could learne that song, but the hundreth and fourtie and foure thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
.
Revelation 14:4> These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgines: These are they which follow the Lambe whithersoeuer hee goeth: These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits vnto God, and to the Lambe.
.
Revelation 14:5> And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
++++++++++
.
So it behooves all you self-appointed orgasm police to stop trying to get us gay guys to defile ourselves with women
.
YOU will cause us to lose our ticket for the tram ride to glory
.
So butt out
I see your mental illness is showing once again.
amp

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jan 27, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>According to you, but you are currently suffering from the delusion that you actually have a clue as to what you are jerking off over. You are free to go away at any point now.
Rick, when you jerk off, do you smear shyte on your hand to make it more realistic?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jan 27, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no evidence that you freaks are not mentally ill either.
Oh yes there is. It started with Evelyn Hooker, an American psychologist most notable for her 1957 paper "The Adjustment of the Male Overt Homosexual" in which she administered several psychological tests to groups of self-identified male homosexuals and heterosexuals and asked experts to identify the homosexuals and rate their mental health. The experiment, which other researchers subsequently repeated, argues that homosexuality is not a mental disorder as there was no detectable difference between homosexual and heterosexual men in terms of mental adjustment.

Gee..... 1957..... you need to catch up on your reading.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jan 27, 2014
amp wrote:
<quoted text>
Rick, when you jerk off, do you smear shyte on your hand to make it more realistic?
When you typed that did you get a chubby?
amp

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
When you typed that did you get a chubby?
A chubby? Like a Philadelphia Chubby?
Go Daddy

Stafford, VA

#15 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes there is. It started with Evelyn Hooker, an American psychologist most notable for her 1957 paper "The Adjustment of the Male Overt Homosexual" in which she administered several psychological tests to groups of self-identified male homosexuals and heterosexuals and asked experts to identify the homosexuals and rate their mental health. The experiment, which other researchers subsequently repeated, argues that homosexuality is not a mental disorder as there was no detectable difference between homosexual and heterosexual men in terms of mental adjustment.

Gee..... 1957..... you need to catch up on your reading.
Mentally illness causes a man to want to su:ck another mans penis. Sick
Go Daddy

Stafford, VA

#16 Jan 27, 2014
amp wrote:
<quoted text>Rick, when you jerk off, do you smear shyte on your hand to make it more realistic?
I'm sure he does.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 27, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mentally illness causes a man to want to su:ck another mans penis. Sick
Interesting comment, coming from someone with the name "Go Daddy." LMAO!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#18 Jan 27, 2014
Please don't encourage these other folk's children. If you keep paying attention to their acting up, they won't go away.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Jan 27, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mentally illness causes a man to want to su:ck another mans penis. Sick
What causes YOU to want yours sucked?
Larry

Mesquite, TX

#24 Jan 27, 2014
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a disease like alcoholism. An alcoholic will always be an alcoholic but they can learn to live without drinking.
Please tell us, just what medical journal or facts that you have to back up your pee headed statement Don.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longmont valedictorian silenced over speech dis... 1 min Wondering 28
News Illinois Senate sends Rauner ban on gay convers... 3 min Gremlin 6
News Researcher accused of fraud in gay marriage stu... 3 min Abe 2
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 5 min Wondering 359
News Ireland same-sex marriage 6 min woodtick57 375
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Wondering 21,832
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 13 min Gremlin 51
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 5,748
Are the mods fair and balanced? 20 hr Friend of Poof1 842
More from around the web