Pope stresses opposition to gay marriage citing family values

Full story: Fox News

The pope pressed his opposition to gay marriage Friday, denouncing what he described as people manipulating their God-given identities to suit their sexual choices -- and destroying the very "essence of the human creature" in the process.
Comments
21 - 40 of 103 Comments Last updated Dec 29, 2012

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#26 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are allowed to marry then every Hetro who marries is effectively saying that's ok even though they may disagree strongly.
So what?! Get over yourself, you are NOT the moral authority!

“Nirvana”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#27 Dec 24, 2012
Stop Sabotaging My PC wrote:
Decadence
Subversion
Perversion
Unnatural
Immoral
Degrading
Humiliating
Defaming
Dangerous
Corrupt
Defect
Benign
Maligned
Abrogate
Fail! you didn't put them in alphabetical order! no points for you

“Nirvana”

Location hidden

#28 Dec 24, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
hey pope ben-a-d!ck why don't y start another crusades to spread the good news of jesass
totally agree...way to go to spread the God is love message

“Nirvana”

Location hidden

#29 Dec 24, 2012
leoreigh wrote:
you can't stop sick gay rights,because God said it would happen in Revelations.I believe most of the gay people only want attention, & that,s the only way some can get it,they will get more than they bargained for when Jesus returns.
lol, yeah sure we're only gay for the attention we get from it..........to think when I was in hospital that time after getting queer bashed, I thought to myself, yeah this is the kind of attention I've always craved..........& when my friends' relationships are treated as second class because 'it's not a genuine marriage, even if it is legal' I think oh just shut up attention seekers it's not love anyway it's only lust (sarcasm)

Since: Jun 11

Bedford, UK

#30 Dec 24, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?! Get over yourself, you are NOT the moral authority!
There is no moral authority which is why you are getting away with your perversions.

AOL

#31 Dec 24, 2012
--GOD-- wrote:
In the words of Jesus:
"Mattthew 19: 1-6
If you are going to use Matthew 19 as an excuse to assume Jesus only approved of one man, one woman relationships, you need to read it in context of 1-12...

Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

19:11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

"According to Jesus, born eunuchs are exempt from the Adam and Eve style heterosexual marriage paradigm.

Eunuchs so born from their motherís womb. These eunuchs, according to Jesus, were born that way. They did not make a personal choice to be eunuchs and they were not physically castrated by men. Some Christians believe these men were homosexual eunuchs." http://www.gaychristian101.com/Homosexual-Eun...

Bedford, UK

#32 Dec 24, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus, if you're listening, would you please do something about some of your alleged Christians? I get the whole walking away from them thing, but I'm kinda hoping for something more like your Dad would be a bringing about now and I always got a kick out of the one with the bears. I know I'm not Christian and shouldn't be asking for something like this right before what they made your birthday, but this one is your fault. He says it is anyways.
What makes me think I have a right to be homosexual? You have got to be f*cking kidding me? Your good Lord gave me this gift sweetie, you can hate it all you want, but that is your problem with him, not mine. I am a citizen of this nation and whether you like it or not, that means I have a right to equality in the eyes of the law and at this point it tickles me to no end that it pisses you off. The ONLY f*cking degenerate in this conversation is you Sugarplum, you and your amazingly less than Christlike version of Christianity. Your hate is toxic not only in its effects on us, but to society as a whole. But you're losing, slowly, but surely losing and you and your evil in the name of the Lord will not be remembered fondly.
Hahaha you wont see me bringing Christianity into the argument, that big man in the sky is for the feeble minded. So the only problem is giving perverts like you equal rights. Time people got a backbone and stood up against people like you.

AOL

#33 Dec 24, 2012
nathanielornament wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail! you didn't put them in alphabetical order! no points for you
But he should get some points for self-awareness.

AOL

#34 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no moral authority...
Morals are open to interpretation and prejudice.

Yet most of us can agree harming others needlessly is immoral.

Your refusal to treat others the way you want to be treated under the law, harms others needlessly.

AOL

#35 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha you wont see me bringing Christianity into the argument, that big man in the sky is for the feeble minded. So the only problem is... equal rights. Time people got a backbone and stood up against people like you.
"The symptoms of fascist thinking are colored by environment and adapted to immediate circumstances. But always and everywhere they can be identified by their appeal to prejudice and by the desire to play upon the fears and vanities of different groups in order to gain power."
Henry A. Wallace

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#36 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
Hahaha you wont see me bringing Christianity into the argument, that big man in the sky is for the feeble minded. So the only problem is giving perverts like you equal rights. Time people got a backbone and stood up against people like you.
So in other words, even though you're not admitting it, you're feeble minded but aren't blaming anyone but yourself for it. Gotcha and noted for future reference. It's just your bigoted rhetoric is no different than those you claim to be feeble minded, hence the confusion. Sugarplum, despite you protestations to the contrary, you haven't developed a backbone, you've developed an assh*le who posts anonymously on the world wide web's equivalent of a bathroom wall. NOBODY can be that confused.

Uve

Location hidden

#37 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no moral authority which is why you are getting away with your perversions.
You're more perverted that I am, bigot!

Uve

Location hidden

#38 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's time gays got a backbone an stood up to bigoted asstrolls like you! POS

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#42 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
Thanks I try to do my bit to keep the perverts like you from taking over. Confused hahaha that is all you queers.
And a very small bit iy is, but I'll bet you hear that a lot. The only pervert in the room buttercup is you and I am more than happy to tell you that you have already lost and history will be less than kind to the memory of you and your sick ilk. Merry Christmas.

Bedford, UK

#43 Dec 24, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
You're more perverted that I am, bigot!
If I was a bigot it would mean I am prejudiced and I am certainly not that. I didn't pre-judge gays it is a result of the build up of their incessant demands to be accepted as normal LOL!!

Bedford, UK

#44 Dec 24, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And a very small bit iy is, but I'll bet you hear that a lot. The only pervert in the room buttercup is you and I am more than happy to tell you that you have already lost and history will be less than kind to the memory of you and your sick ilk. Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you also.
Pat

UK

#45 Dec 24, 2012
leoreigh wrote:
you can't stop sick gay rights,because God said it would happen in Revelations.I believe most of the gay people only want attention, & that,s the only way some can get it,they will get more than they bargained for when Jesus returns.
Agreed!

Uve

Location hidden

#46 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a bigot it would mean I am prejudiced and I am certainly not that. I didn't pre-judge gays it is a result of the build up of their incessant demands to be accepted as normal LOL!!
Right...Very convincing. Talk to the hand..
Ha Ha Ha

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#49 Dec 24, 2012
about time for a pop to get lay!! ;-000000
Ha Ha Ha

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#50 Dec 24, 2012
Mengele wrote:
Uve, by your own choice of being narcissistic flies in the face of not only your parents but generations of parents before you. It's one thing to choose not to be a parent yet another to abrogate everything the family structure stands for. Same sex parenting should be outlawed!
what is the pop age?!!!;-0000000

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 41 min Fa-Foxy 7
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 47 min Dubya 42
7 Surprising Ways Your Company Can Still Discri... 1 hr NE Jade 3
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr TomInElPaso 541
Single Women Raise Gay Sons: Pat Robertson short 1 hr Fa-Foxy 21
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Pietro Armando 54,871
Biggest Gay Lies 2 hr Dwayne 1,678
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 6 hr dduttonnc 398
•••
Enter and win $5000