Scouts may lift ban on gays

Jan 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The Boy Scouts of America is considering lifting its ban on gay Scouts and troop leaders, but to what extent the decision would have an impact in Indiana is unclear.

Comments
501 - 520 of 596 Comments Last updated Feb 18, 2013
unsound

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#572
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Youmakegodsickgays wrote:
<quoted text>your a horrible parent and nasty! Go to hell with him
That took so much time and thought I'd almost consider having a discussion with you... First consider reading some but before that you require an education come back then. I don't play well with ignorant people.

Since: Oct 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#574
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Unrequired Education wrote:
Commenting on this topic obviously does not require an education.
Your post makes that glaringly apparent.
Queenie

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#575
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

So, let me get this straight (no pun intended) its ok to not weed out the cho mos, in the scouts......but it's not ok to know the scout masters sexual orientation.
And why is it so important to know their sexual preference anyway?.....do you know your kids teachers preferences?....your preachers, bus drivers,....
Cho mos keep their preference a secret......Bastards.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#576
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Lady Evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually unproven. Acting upon tendencies has been accommodated here in America quite nicely. We all pay the price. A physical and social disease. A health crisis.
Straight folks act on their tenancies - the good and the bad - every day, don't they? ALL people do. And as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, that's perfectly okay.

When they cross the line and harm other people, they need to be squashed like the insects they are.

It's not a gay or straight thing. It's a human thing.
Mommy Mommy

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#578
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight folks act on their tenancies - the good and the bad - every day, don't they? ALL people do. And as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, that's perfectly okay.
When they cross the line and harm other people, they need to be squashed like the insects they are.
It's not a gay or straight thing. It's a human thing.
Wow! You actually are starting to make a little sense now.
Squashed is a little harsh but at least you're seeing what I've been trying to portray all along.
Now, how can a pair of men of the ss qualify as representing parenthood? Said child is certain to be deficient of a female motherly companionship, nurturing, and intimacy in the child's most indelible years of their lives. In fact it is a child's basic human right to have a male father and female mother to ensure proper balance.
Too bad the dark forces of the world rule our nation through and through.
There is no hope.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#580
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mommy Mommy wrote:
Now, how can a pair of men of the ss qualify as representing parenthood? Said child is certain to be deficient of a female motherly companionship, nurturing, and intimacy in the child's most indelible years of their lives
Not at all
.
Gay guys are born with the same sex orientation 'you' were born with; attracted to men just like you
.
So if you have raised children of your own; you should understand instinctively how they would go about raising children
.
Can you figure it out now?
Ralf

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#582
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Where can a fella some booty?
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#583
Feb 8, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You Queers are a product of birth defects. Hopefully that can be corrected in the near future.
Brain defects as well.
It troubles me on a daily basis. The sad part about it all is those that have no children and could care less or comprehend what the hell this whole issue is all about. This is frightening and they are frightening.
The worst is yet to come.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#585
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

DavidM wrote:
Does this include child molesters? Because soon they will band together and have their rights also. The National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect has records of 55,399 cases of children being sexually molested in one year.
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, it very well could. This is exactly why I could care less about what the psychologists have to say in regards to gays and pedos.

We don't have to worry about the molesters themselves banding together, the psychologists are coming to their defense. James Cantor is one of the gay psychologists who's giving pedophiles the "born that way" excuse. Fred Berlin, along with many other psychologists with the B4U-ACT wants Pedophilia to be removed as a mental disorder. These psychologists encourage pedos to be called "minor-attracted" to erase the stigma associated with being a pedo.

Any of this sounding familiar? Just wait...

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#586
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth-Hurts wrote:
Unfortunately, it very well could. This is exactly why I could care less about what the psychologists have to say in regards to gays and pedos.
Damn the facts, let's go with the irrational, ugly, mean-spirited stereotypes and pretend that real heterosexuals won't do this. It doesn't matter that is the same obscene closed-minded mind set that filled their pervert files in the first place, we gotta protect the kids from the gay ones.
Truth-Hurts wrote:
We don't have to worry about the molesters themselves banding together, the psychologists are coming to their defense. James Cantor is one of the gay psychologists who's giving pedophiles the "born that way" excuse. Fred Berlin, along with many other psychologists with the B4U-ACT wants Pedophilia to be removed as a mental disorder. These psychologists encourage pedos to be called "minor-attracted" to erase the stigma associated with being a pedo.
Any of this sounding familiar? Just wait...
Dear, psychology is a field which often causes controversy as it explores popularly held assumptions about how the human mind can work. Yes, there are those who have raised the "born that way" theory for pedophilia and have even advocated for it. The truth is that the field has yet discover what actually makes a pedophile tick, there is no one size fits all explanation for them to exist. "Born that way" is merely one of a myriad of possibilities that the field will sort through in an effort to help these people and keep them from doing harm. Do you really imagine that psychologists want pedophiles out molesting children?
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#587
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>"Born that way" is merely one of a myriad of possibilities that the field will sort through in an effort to help these people and keep them from doing harm. Do you really imagine that psychologists want pedophiles out molesting children?
You would have to ask "them" if they even think child sex is harmful, or if it is just western colonial society oppressing the "sexual rights of children". I couldn't tell you what's going on in their sick twisted minds.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#588
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth-Hurts wrote:
You would have to ask "them" if they even think child sex is harmful, or if it is just western colonial society oppressing the "sexual rights of children". I couldn't tell you what's going on in their sick twisted minds.
You claimed to have read about the work of those who have proposed this particular theory, you tell me what they have to say. I'm not up on the latest fringe thoughts in psychology. I've just kept up with that which they are able to prove on the subject.

FYI, the notion that a child should be 16-18 years old before they legally have sex is actually a fairly modern one. Prior to the turn of the 20th Century, the oldest age of consent in this country was all of 14, Delaware even allowed men to thank heaven for little girls as young as 10. The change was brought about by the children's rights movement of the late 19th and early 20th century, that got kids out of hazardous employment, into schools and de-sexualized them, whether puberty agreed or not.
Momma

Crawfordsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#589
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Damn the facts, let's go with the irrational, ugly, mean-spirited stereotypes and pretend that real heterosexuals won't do this. It doesn't matter that is the same obscene closed-minded mind set that filled their pervert files in the first place, we gotta protect the kids from the gay ones.
<quoted text>Dear, psychology is a field which often causes controversy as it explores popularly held assumptions about how the human mind can work. Yes, there are those who have raised the "born that way" theory for pedophilia and have even advocated for it. The truth is that the field has yet discover what actually makes a pedophile tick, there is no one size fits all explanation for them to exist. "Born that way" is merely one of a myriad of possibilities that the field will sort through in an effort to help these people and keep them from doing harm. Do you really imagine that psychologists want pedophiles out molesting children?
"Dear" psychology is a work in progress. There are few absolutes within the theories. Forty years ago when psychology was in its infancy, a well lettered psychologist labeled a young man as the product of a cold and detached mother because he had some odd behaviorisms and repetitive movements. That couldn't have been further from the truth and it put his family through hell. Later in his mid life he was diagnosed with Asberger's syndrome. Psychology is not an exact science, it's an interpretation by a particular observer.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#590
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You claimed to have read about the work of those who have proposed this particular theory, you tell me what they have to say. I'm not up on the latest fringe thoughts in psychology. I've just kept up with that which they are able to prove on the subject.
There was a time when psychologists who thought homosexuality wasn't a mental illness, were considered fringe. Just how long will these presently considered fringe thoughts in psychology remain fringe? I don't want to know. Sick!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#591
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

They have discredited the theory of gay being a psychological disorder since the "patient" could function in the areas of speech thought and carry out general everyday tasks.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#592
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Psychological disorder = mental disorder
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#593
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You Queers are a product of birth defects. Hopefully that can be corrected in the near future.
no
.
We are actually a new and improved model
.
We have 6 more neurological connectors to facilitate fluidity and precision in our awesome Smooth Moves
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
.
You straighties are clunky and obsolete; po'thangs
.
Sux to be you
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#594
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Jeanne Crain wrote:
They have discredited the theory of gay being a psychological disorder since the "patient" could function in the areas of speech thought and carry out general everyday tasks.
Yet, these are the same people who are all too quick to label children with disorders and prescribe psycho meds to them. Sometimes, just because parents or teachers either don't want to deal with them or have been prevented from doing so. The children are usually the ones who fall victim to the piss poor theories of a group of people who have thought and taught themselves into a realm of insanity. They put the "psycho" in psychotherapy, and I don't buy their BS.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Unrequired Education wrote:
Commenting on this topic obviously does not require an education.
Well.....
.
We have public schools; private schools; home schooling; and TOPIX school
.
Our uneducated trolls are here for TOPIX schooling

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#596
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth-Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, these are the same people who are all too quick to label children with disorders and prescribe psycho meds to them. Sometimes, just because parents or teachers either don't want to deal with them or have been prevented from doing so. The children are usually the ones who fall victim to the piss poor theories of a group of people who have thought and taught themselves into a realm of insanity. They put the "psycho" in psychotherapy, and I don't buy their BS.
A good link to this :
Science vs.the "Gay Gene" WWW.trueorigin.org/gaygene 01.asp
The truth is that one scientist discovers while 2 or more stand by to discredit...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••