#64 Mar 21, 2012
in reference to the stereotypes>
I am doing a research project on gsy/lesbien stereotypes for a college sociology class and would like any and all personal imput i can get. I am a straight single mom, with 2 best friends that are gay and a sister that is a lesbien. I am very open and non-judgemental. If you are willing to help me out find me on facebook Katie McDaniel. Thank you!
#65 Mar 28, 2012
My opinion: Not all of this is true! this is a whole bunch of stereotypes! being gay isn’t bad at all! Who cares what people think of you or say. There is nothing wrong with being gay, lesbian, or bisexual. My mom is friends with a gay couple. They are very nice and they respect whatever people say about them. They have amazing taste in clothes. Stereotypes: some people think that all lesbians have short hair. That is not true! Another stereotype is people think gay guys talk different, dress “fancy” and have spiky hair. It's that you're obsessed with fashion, and that you tan a lot and that you color your hair, the stereotypes are not always true. "Not all gay men are super stylish. Not all straight men are bad dressers, gay men are clean? That’s not always true all men models are gay? Nopee!
#66 May 11, 2012
Gay men have limp wrists
#67 Jun 14, 2012
None of these are true, maybe 2. I am gay.
#68 Jun 14, 2012
No we don't. Think about it, why are you even hating on us, we only have one thing different from you, we are attracted to men. So, answer me this, why does that mean we have all of the above stereotypes.
#69 Jul 29, 2012
Let's remember kids... stereotypes exist for a reason...
#71 Aug 16, 2012
these are not stereotypes, a stereotype would be a gay man driving a white mini van offering candy to little boys.
#72 Sep 3, 2012
1. Gay men always want to be the center of the attention.
1. We can't help but draw focus. We're amazing.
2. Gay men have oral fixation.
2. You mean like having to have something in your mouth? Doesn't everyone?
3. Gay men roll like girls.
3. I don't even want to know what this means.
4. Gay men are mom's boy.
4. My mothers dead, has been since I was 10.
5. Gay men think sports are boring.
5. My boyfriend is a runningback. And I don't mind watching sports either.
6. Gay men are obsessed with fashion.
6. For me personally, I can't really argue with this. I like clothes.
7. Gay men love to dance.
7. I like to dance, that doesn't mean I'm good at it...
8. Gay men love fistining ass.
8. Is this supposed to be fisting? Anyways, I've never fisted anyone, nor has anyone fisted me before.
9. Gay men are incompetent running machinery.
9. No, I worked in my uncles car garage for years.
10. Gay men families are the last to know.
10. Like telling them that you're gay? Well duh, at least for me, they were the hardest people to tell.
11. Gay men are clean.
11. What's wrong with having good hygiene?
12. Gay men lack strong male models.
12. Not really....
13. Gay men always have a trust girl-pal by side.
13. I have as many female friends as I do male.
14. Gay men have ??? wrist.(you can help me on this one)
14. Not sure what your looking for.
15. Gay men are catty.
15. We are probably less catty than you considering we can accept people and not be ignorant asses about it.
16. Gay men are drama queens.
16. No, not really. I get enough crap and drama from people just for being gay.
17. Gay men pepper their lives with Pop culture references.
17.There are very few thing in pop culture that I like.
18. Gay men are into watersport.
18. Like the Kink? Uh no.
19. Gay men value education
19. Why is caring for your future gay? Hmm. Mayve that's why half of the successful people you hear about are gay.
20. Gay are whinny bitches.
20. Last time I checked I'm not a horse. And I'm sure a lot of us are lot tougher than those 'manly' men. They don't have to fight just to be who they are everyday do they?
#73 Oct 2, 2012
So, I'm not gay but, lets see if i'm related to any of these...
1. Gay men always want to be the center of the attention. yes
2. Gay men have oral fixation. kind of...
3. Gay men roll like girls. I do some times...
4. Gay men are mom's boy. yes...
5. Gay men think sports are boring. A LOT!
6. Gay men are obsessed with fashion. kind of... yes...
7. Gay men love to dance. hell no...
8. Gay men love fistining ass. amm... no...
9. Gay men are incompetent running machinery. no
10. Gay men families are the last to know. well i'm not so no...
11. Gay men are clean. yes
12. Gay men lack strong male models. pretty much...
13. Gay men always have a trust girl-pal by side. yeah
14. Gay men have ??? wrist.(you can help me on this one)¿?
15. Gay men are catty. dunno..
16. Gay men are drama queens. I am a drama queen(king ?)!
17. Gay men pepper their lives with Pop culture references. A LOT!
18. Gay men are into watersport. no....
19. Gay men value education. yes
20. Gay are whinny bitches. I aint no whinny bitch!(yes i am)
So... 13 out fo 20... maybe that's why people thinks I'm gay... that proofs that everyone can relate to this...
#74 Nov 14, 2012
Stereotypes are slightly based on fact.
I mean, no offense to anyone here who thinks that "a lot of people relate to these", but most straight men probably don't.
I'm gay, and I'm a psychology student.
Stereotypes are okay - and they're actually quite useful to an extent - as long as you don't use it in hardcore prejudice or discrimination and realize that not EVERY gay guy is like this.
Sure there are a lot of different groups that relate to these, but these are stereotypes that are typically attributed to gay males for a reason.
Some are positive stereotypes, some not so much...
But really, I know a lot of gay guys as well... and guess what, they fit into many, if not most, of these. I also know a shit ton of straight men, which don't fit into a majority of these.
Stereotypes are stereotypes. It's what you do with them that will make you a hater.
#75 Dec 13, 2012
Every party i go to. we do that to out cake. and a lot of kids act the way this child has. my little brother, my friends brother, my neighbors sone and kids at my school.its normal.
#76 Dec 22, 2012
. Same with me I grew up with a mum who loves to clean value education and nearly all sports bore me
#77 Mar 2, 2013
Everybody in existence has done that. You must inform the masses.
#79 Mar 2, 2013
Gays have limp wrists.
#80 Apr 12, 2013
Surprisingly not a lot of hate here.
Add your comments below
|Why this obsession with what gay people do in b... (Jan '13)||18 min||Powerful Information||140|
|Transgender Bruce Jenner will be lesbian after ...||31 min||Fa-Foxy||64|
|Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13)||53 min||Frankie Rizzo||15,268|
|Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e...||58 min||Terra Firma||1,042|
|I'm gay. And I want my kid to be gay, too||1 hr||NoahLovesU||127|
|Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms||1 hr||NoahLovesU||184|
|Obama is still misleading us on same-sex marriage||1 hr||Marissa||111|
|Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11)||1 hr||christine60||29,693|
|Biggest Gay Lies (May '14)||1 hr||NoahLovesU||3,253|
Find what you want!
Search Gay/Lesbian Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC