FAFSAs to Become More Inclusive Of LG...

FAFSAs to Become More Inclusive Of LGBT Families

There are 2 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Apr 30, 2013, titled FAFSAs to Become More Inclusive Of LGBT Families. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The FAFSA is a way of life for all students being filed every year in order to get federal financial aid. Soon they will be more inclusive of LGBT families

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#1 Apr 30, 2013
Sei,
As long as DOMA is around......Federal Financial Aid forms will still not recognize the legal marriages of Gay and Lesbian spouses.......at least that is what was explained to me not more that a couple of years back(2010)

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2 Apr 30, 2013
from the article, "It’s important to note, though, that collecting information from both parents and considering the income of the whole family also might result in less need-based federal student aid for those applicants who are affected because of the recognition of the complete financial resources of the family.”

Seriously???? So they want to collect information on BOTH parents, one of whom might not be legally recognized due to anti-gay adoption laws and whose legal marriage is NOT recognized by the Federal government, and then reduce the student's aid award based, in part, on the income of the second parent that's not legally recognized????

It sounds like the Dept of Education is trying to get around the Federal DOMA in the very worst of ways....

What happened to "the word 'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word 'spouse' refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife."???

The Feds can recognize same-sex parents when it comes to denying student aid but not when it comes to anything else???

And they're trying to cloak it in an attempt to be "more inclusive"???

Unbelievable. I sure hope I read this wrong, but I kinda think I didn't....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for being born gay 3 min Religimongoloid 50
News Senate hopeful Roy Moore: gay sex is the 'same ... 6 min Religimongoloid 33
GodSmacked Thanksgiving 7 min Frankie Rizzo 2
News Secrets and wives: Gay Chinese hide behind 'sha... 7 min Religimongoloid 1
News Herea s Harris Dickinsona s gay sex scene in ne... 1 hr Chuck 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr RiccardoFire 14,243
BIG BOSS MAN's Thanksgiving Party 1 hr Imprtnrd 10
Jade Thanksgiving 1 hr Dookie 3
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 26,529
More from around the web