Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations' in Russia

There are 20 comments on the Canada.com story from Jun 30, 2013, titled Putin signs anti-gay law banning 'propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations' in Russia. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Temperatures are on the rise in B.C. but don't sweat it, there's plenty you can do to cool down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108 Jul 9, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a Russian actually going to dictate to everyone else what an abomination is? Didn't your country, just a few decades ago, try to create a race of sub-human slaves from cross-breeding with chimps and humans? Get the hell out of here.

Only racist nazis like anglo saxons meddle with genetics,
your facking racist scum governments are well known for it,

you're obviously ignorant of your history, I suggest you go to school.

Location hidden

#109 Jul 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Gendered nouns are anachronistic hangovers from ancient anamatistic (animatism) times when even inanimate objects were believed to have spirits and guardian spirits, and that these "spirits" had gender.
"Civilized"? You're joking, right?
You're going to put your stinky unwashed pucker down on the chair. I don't think that referring to it as male beforehand improves matters.

Just the way you speak is proof of you anglo saxons uncivilised facking pigs.

Location hidden

#110 Jul 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Take up "psychologically sick" with the two APAs. I doubt you'll find many takers.
"abominations" is a religious term.

Queers like you are psychologically sick, every normal person knows that.

Location hidden

#111 Jul 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Gendered nouns are anachronistic hangovers from ancient anamatistic (animatism) times when even inanimate objects were believed to have spirits and guardian spirits, and that these "spirits" had gender.
"Civilized"? You're joking, right?
You're going to put your stinky unwashed pucker down on the chair. I don't think that referring to it as male beforehand improves matters.

In total you're an uncivilised sick queer. Hehehehe.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#112 Jul 9, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
You're a fool, who is ignorant of his own history. Take a look at the madness your government sanctioned, in the name of created a slave race of super soldiers.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/sciencet...

^Read this and then get off of your pedestal.

“Hello. America? It's me.”

Since: Oct 12

Rostov-na-Donu

#113 Jul 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
1) These few men were up against hundreds of armed police. What they wore is irrelevant. They stood up to systemic abuse. An actor must wear these things every time they go onto the stage or before a camera to prevent their features from disappearing from the bright lights. Women and men of many cultures color themselves in various ways, some permanently with tattoos. Hierarchs wear dresses and gaudy clothes, just no stuff on their faces. So what?
2) You need to remember: I am a retired professional of the Social Sciences.
Your perspective is based upon false premises and rationalized biases, not empirical social science. We have a few people in the professions here that take that biased and Lysenkoist approach to gay people. Their positions and "researches" have been reviewed by their professional peers and found to be invalid and, sometimes, even deliberately falsified.
Follow this:
-Something different is noted.
-The difference causes discomfort.
-Investigation is made of the different thing, NOT of the causes of the discomfort.
-Arguments are made why the different thing is "bad", usually based upon nothing empirical or experimental.
-No investigation is made of the discomfort. It isn't even addressed.
The above is called " a biased premise for investigation".
It is also called "after the fact rationalisation", and is NOT objective or rational.
It requires training, practice and discipline to approach the world with the scientific perspective; to recognise, admit, and minimize the effects of personal and cultural bias; and to report findings without bias and prior assumptions.
Every individual is born ABSOLUTELY Free. Rights are Freedoms that Government is created to protect. This includes protecting minority persons FROM the majority.
I am discussing the principles that founded this Country. We established "checks and balances" upon ALL parts of Government ... including upon the population. For a population of Citizens to NOT be a mob, there need to be checks placed upon the power of the majority. As a group they are too easily manipulated by emotional factors; too easily confused by things and events beyond their education and understanding. Government exists to protect the individual from the group and the group from itself. It also keeps itself separate from religion, because religion manipulates the emotions of the individual.
A master juggler is not the one who can juggle the most things, but the one who can juggle the most KINDS of different things.
1) They were against the police? Why? Can they protect their offspring? They have no place to work? Maybe they wanted to save USA from the Londons policeman? No? They spent time and effort police on their lipstick, their skirts and women's jewelry. Then all this fuss is selfishness, hypocrisy and immorality.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>You need to remember: I am a retired professional of the Social Sciences.
2) Dear Snyper. No offense, but You are for me only small letters on the big screen. And nothing more. If these letters forming the correct thought it is interesting to me. If not, all academic diplomas of world to me indifferent. Profession is not what we say. We says about what show your intimate to the public is indecent.

3) Your questions all clear. They are designed to mask the basic semantic links. Your questions should blur the lines between what is "good" and what is "bad". For adults this primitive is not valid.

4) This is a bug. Every person is born NOT FREE. Man is born TOTALLY DEPENDENT on

4.1) From the Mother in infancy age
4.2) From Family in childhood age,
4.3) From a Society in adolescence age. etc.

There is no freedom in a society! All societies live within the laws and restrictions. Where there is a "system checks and balances" there can be no freedom never. This is the elementary logic. It is a pity that you have not taught Logic, dear Professor Snyper.=)

Location hidden

#114 Jul 9, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fool, who is ignorant of his own history. Take a look at the madness your government sanctioned, in the name of created a slave race of super soldiers.
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/sciencet...
^Read this and then get off of your pedestal.

Broseph

New Castle, DE

#115 Jul 9, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Thank you for ignoring the truth, and parroting slogans. It seems to be a pattern with you people.
new poster

Lake Worth, FL

#116 Jul 9, 2013
Broseph wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a Russian actually going to dictate to everyone else what an abomination is? Didn't your country, just a few decades ago, try to create a race of sub-human slaves from cross-breeding with chimps and humans? Get the hell out of here.
No. That was Gay westerners going to Africa for butt sex with chimps. The result was HIV. You are probably carrying it within you now.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#117 Jul 9, 2013
new poster wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That was Gay westerners going to Africa for butt sex with chimps. The result was HIV. You are probably carrying it within you now.
LOL. Is this your rebuttal? I thought trolls were supposed to be funny? Lame.

Location hidden

#118 Jul 9, 2013
new poster wrote:
<quoted text>

You're right 100%, I can't abide these facking filthy gay westerners, spreading filth and desease,

and these bastards want the normal world to accept them as normal people. Hehehehe.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#119 Jul 9, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
<quoted text>.
You're right 100%, I can't abide these facking filthy gay westerners, spreading filth and desease,
and these bastards want the normal world to accept them as normal people. Hehehehe.
Can you stop talking to yourself? It's sad. "New poster?" Seriously? That was the best you could do?

Location hidden

#120 Jul 9, 2013
New poster is right and you're wrong, you sick queer. Hehehehe.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

#121 Jul 9, 2013
Dimitri100 wrote:
New poster is right and you're wrong, you sick queer. Hehehehe.
I see you trolling. You hating.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#122 Jul 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
1) These few men were up against hundreds of armed police. What they wore is irrelevant. They stood up to systemic abuse. An actor must wear these things every time they go onto the stage or before a camera to prevent their features from disappearing from the bright lights. Women and men of many cultures color themselves in various ways, some permanently with tattoos. Hierarchs wear dresses and gaudy clothes, just no stuff on their faces. So what?
2) You need to remember: I am a retired professional of the Social Sciences.
Your perspective is based upon false premises and rationalized biases, not empirical social science. We have a few people in the professions here that take that biased and Lysenkoist approach to gay people. Their positions and "researches" have been reviewed by their professional peers and found to be invalid and, sometimes, even deliberately falsified.
Follow this:
-Something different is noted.
-The difference causes discomfort.
-Investigation is made of the different thing, NOT of the causes of the discomfort.
-Arguments are made why the different thing is "bad", usually based upon nothing empirical or experimental.
-No investigation is made of the discomfort. It isn't even addressed.
The above is called " a biased premise for investigation".
It is also called "after the fact rationalisation", and is NOT objective or rational.
It requires training, practice and discipline to approach the world with the scientific perspective; to recognise, admit, and minimize the effects of personal and cultural bias; and to report findings without bias and prior assumptions.
Every individual is born ABSOLUTELY Free. Rights are Freedoms that Government is created to protect. This includes protecting minority persons FROM the majority.
I am discussing the principles that founded this Country. We established "checks and balances" upon ALL parts of Government ... including upon the population. For a population of Citizens to NOT be a mob, there need to be checks placed upon the power of the majority. As a group they are too easily manipulated by emotional factors; too easily confused by things and events beyond their education and understanding. Government exists to protect the individual from the group and the group from itself. It also keeps itself separate from religion, because religion manipulates the emotions of the individual.
A master juggler is not the one who can juggle the most things, but the one who can juggle the most KINDS of different things.
I must respectfully disagree with you on one point. Dimitri and Leonid-Rostow's perspective is based on having a litterbox for a brain.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#123 Jul 9, 2013
When the forces the Dimitri and Leonid-Rostow currently support finish this crusade and then turn on them next (and it will happen; it is Russia after all), we are sure to hear a different tune from these two.

All these people complaining about how decadent the West is have no problem running to us to save their butts when their leaders turn the attack onto them.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#125 Jul 9, 2013
Leonid-Rostow wrote:
<quoted text>1) They were against the police? Why? Can they protect their offspring? They have no place to work? Maybe they wanted to save USA from the Londons policeman? No? They spent time and effort police on their lipstick, their skirts and women's jewelry. Then all this fuss is selfishness, hypocrisy and immorality.
<quoted text>
2) Dear Snyper. No offense, but You are for me only small letters on the big screen. And nothing more. If these letters forming the correct thought it is interesting to me. If not, all academic diplomas of world to me indifferent. Profession is not what we say. We says about what show your intimate to the public is indecent.
3) Your questions all clear. They are designed to mask the basic semantic links. Your questions should blur the lines between what is "good" and what is "bad". For adults this primitive is not valid.
4) This is a bug. Every person is born NOT FREE. Man is born TOTALLY DEPENDENT on
4.1) From the Mother in infancy age
4.2) From Family in childhood age,
4.3) From a Society in adolescence age. etc.
There is no freedom in a society! All societies live within the laws and restrictions. Where there is a "system checks and balances" there can be no freedom never. This is the elementary logic. It is a pity that you have not taught Logic, dear Professor Snyper.=)
"Good" and "bad" are not science terms. They exist in the subjective sphere.

Actually, Logic, Symbolic Logic, and Research Methodologies were course I taught.

Now let's address the Political Science issue.

"Freedom" is innate and absolute. "Rights" are Freedoms that are protected by Government. You are conflating these with another concept: "Liberties". These three terms have very specific definitions, and are used by our Judiciary and Department of State in this way.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#126 Jul 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good" and "bad" are not science terms. They exist in the subjective sphere.
Actually, Logic, Symbolic Logic, and Research Methodologies were course I taught.
Now let's address the Political Science issue.
"Freedom" is innate and absolute. "Rights" are Freedoms that are protected by Government. You are conflating these with another concept: "Liberties". These three terms have very specific definitions, and are used by our Judiciary and Department of State in this way.
WELL SAID.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#127 Jul 9, 2013
Here in Florida the main gay rights groups are looking for gay and lesbian couples to join a lawsuit on this issue as well.

I'm a bit offended by that because I am not currently in a relationship. Marriage is not an issue just for couples. Marriage bans affect single people as well as couples.

If I had the financial resources I'd sue Florida myself in Federal Court for violating my rights under Article 4 (The F.F. & C.C.), Article 6 (The supremacy clause), Amendment 1 (Religious freedom), Amendment 9 (Non enumerated Rights guaranteed retained by the people) as well as the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

After all the words say "ALL CITIZENS" not "just the ones we like" or "only heterosexual citizens".

I just can't understand how people can have so much trouble comprehending what the word "ALL" means!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#128 Jul 9, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I must respectfully disagree with you on one point. Dimitri and Leonid-Rostow's perspective is based on having a litterbox for a brain.
"Leo" is just extremely parochial and provincial, with an overabundant dose of cultural chauvinism. His religion guarantees these.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 3 min WeTheSheeple 3,503
Are the mods fair and balanced? 4 min Unfairus Moderatus 855
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 min Pietro Armando 59,655
News Gay Teacher Fired From Omaha Catholic School Fi... 5 min Dan 15
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 8 min Fa-Foxy 216
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 8 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 81
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 15 min WeTheSheeple 2,486
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 17 min Frankie Rizzo 20,746
More from around the web