Louisiana attorney general joins in a...

Louisiana attorney general joins in appeal of Indiana gay marriage case

There are 13 comments on the The Times story from Jul 26, 2014, titled Louisiana attorney general joins in appeal of Indiana gay marriage case. In it, The Times reports that:

Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell has joined either other states in supporting an appeal of a ruling that found Indiana's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#1 Jul 26, 2014
Those AGs just LOVE to pander to stupid people, don't they? And they wonder why there are so many lawyer jokes floating around....
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Jul 26, 2014
eJohn wrote:
Those AGs just LOVE to pander to stupid people, don't they? And they wonder why there are so many lawyer jokes floating around....
Meanwhile, the gays wonder why there are so many queer jokes floating around.

TomInElPaso

“Impeach the reality show actor”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#3 Jul 26, 2014
Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
Fewer and fewer of them with each passing casket. Hopefully yours is already paid for and ready to be used.
juls

Edison, OH

#5 Jul 26, 2014
let me guess- the R's again......ActBlue vote-blue.
Abrahammock Religions

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 26, 2014
Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
Fewer and fewer desperate closet cases these days.

Besides, some queer jokes are perfectly okay.(Not the ones that satiate your need to deny your psychosexual issues.)

Q. What's the hardest part about using a Macintosh computer?

A. Telling your father that you're gay.

(Naturally Rush L. uses Macs. That either makes the joke funnier or less funny, depending.)
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Jul 26, 2014
eJohn wrote:
The multitude of lawyers who represent gay interests will be interested in knowing how the homosexuals really feel about them.
If you are straight, the gays will accept your help. They will celebrate their victories and sing Kumbaya with you. But behind your back, they will still hate you, because they are the real haters.
Abrahammock Religions

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jul 26, 2014
Homostats wrote:
<quoted text>
The multitude of lawyers who represent gay interests will be interested in knowing how the homosexuals really feel about them.
The AGs referred to are the buybull thumping, in so many words, ones representing anti lgbt "arguments." They don't need to be told what lgbt people and str8 allies think of them.

It appears you could not understand the first thing about this article, much as with your own sexuality. You appear to be a fifteen year old who is particularly stoopit for his age.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#9 Jul 26, 2014
Given what is going on in the USA and the rest of the world, I find it amazing that such priority is given to whether 2 consenting adults of the same sex can live together or not.
Even more amazing is the fact that this is something that needs governmental regulation.
You people have really got to get your priorities in line.
Abrahammock Religions

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jul 26, 2014
mark in Toronto wrote:
Given what is going on in the USA and the rest of the world, I find it amazing that such priority is given to whether 2 consenting adults of the same sex can live together or not.
Even more amazing is the fact that this is something that needs governmental regulation.
You people have really got to get your priorities in line.
The issue is not "living together." You're mixed up.

You don't seem to understand that governments confer benefits and legal rights, and enforces them, and therefore the government will have a role in administering who qualifies for them in the first place.

And don't try to pretend that courts which settle divorces and legal disputes are not part of the government.

_Of course_ governments need to be involved in marriage.
Joe Wright

Aiken, SC

#11 Jul 27, 2014
This is so much like the Jim Crow laws.... Laws that allow discrimination are unconstitutional....

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#12 Jul 27, 2014
Abrahammock Religions wrote:
<quoted text>
_Of course_ governments need to be involved in marriage.
Governments ... maybe.
Religious political action committees ... definitely NOT.
And since the two are becoming the same thing (which goes against the Constitution)... I don't think my point is 'mixed up.'
Fundies R Mentally Nil

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jul 28, 2014
mark in Toronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Governments ... maybe.
Religious political action committees ... definitely NOT.
And since the two are becoming the same thing (which goes against the Constitution)... I don't think my point is 'mixed up.'
No, you're definitely mixed up. It's not about "living together," it's about legal rights and government benefits.

If the government doesn't regulate marriage - what it is, who may marry, what benefits it affords - who will? The couple involved? We tried that with child brides, etc.

The only other answer besides "government," is religions...as marriage used to be controlled by.

I don't think you have the slightest idea what you're saying. "Governments...maybe. "

Unless you want to explain what it is your being so coy about.

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#14 Jul 30, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Nil wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're definitely mixed up. It's not about "living together," it's about legal rights and government benefits.
If the government doesn't regulate marriage - what it is, who may marry, what benefits it affords - who will? The couple involved? We tried that with child brides, etc.
The only other answer besides "government," is religions...as marriage used to be controlled by.
I don't think you have the slightest idea what you're saying. "Governments...maybe. "
Unless you want to explain what it is your being so coy about.
My point, which you missed entirely was that priorities are way out of whack.
You obviously like the government controlling your life. Enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Six bodies found dismembered in landscape plant... 20 min Rainbow Kid 5
Weekend Barn Dance 33 min Big Jim 2
News Hawaii appeals court upholds ruling against bed... 48 min Rainbow Kid 13
News Body politics: Just how important are looks to ... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 6
News Gay parade permit sparks major debate in Missis... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 5
News GOP lawmakers attempt to define gay marriage as... 3 hr Rainbow Kid 1
News Same-sex couple allegedly told they don't 'mirr... 4 hr cpeter1313 29
More from around the web