Why youths aren't getting tested for HIV

Why youths aren't getting tested for HIV

There are 10 comments on the story from Feb 19, 2013, titled Why youths aren't getting tested for HIV. In it, reports that:

A quarter of those infected with HIV are between the ages of 13 and 24. More than half of youths with HIV don't know they have it. Reasons youths don't get tested can vary widely. A message of abstinence may not work for all teens and young adults.

According to the CDC, 50,000 Americans are infected with HIV each year, and 25% of those are between the ages of 13 and 24. Sixty percent of youth with HIV don't know they have it, despite recommendations from the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

Alvin

United States

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Once the homosexuals infiltrate and take over the Boy Scouts you're going to see a huge rise in AIDS cases amongst our male youth. Mark my words.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#8 Feb 19, 2013
Alvin wrote:
Once the homosexuals infiltrate and take over the Boy Scouts you're going to see a huge rise in AIDS cases amongst our male youth. Mark my words.
Once you pick a name and stick with it MAX, JAYCE, RAND, TRUGHTSEEKER, DAVID MOORE, REGIS, ALVIN we're going to see a lot better world due to your telling the truth for once.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Where is the link to the article?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Feb 20, 2013
The mouth swabs are cheap. With enough volunteers, they could test an entire high school in an hour.

Each homeroom teacher could do an entire class in 20 minutes.

The problem will remain among the population from whom these numbers are actually drawn:

impoverished, disaffected innercity ehtnic youth, most of whom are dropouts, semi-literate and addicts.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#11 Feb 20, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Where is the link to the article?
My apologies.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/16/health/hiv-...

Doncha just love World's biggest Lie's comments for a story he doesn't even have a link to!

Classically Clueless!

Location hidden

#12 Feb 20, 2013

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 20, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/16/health/hiv-...
Doncha just love World's biggest Lie's comments for a story he doesn't even have a link to!
Classically Clueless!
Thanks. I guess ignorance is bliss. He must be happy as a toad on a Lilly pad.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Off topic.

Palm Springs, California

#17 Feb 21, 2013
snyper wrote:
Off topic.
Sigh, keeping THAT ONE (to quote Senator McCain) is impossible. He's one Jaggermeister away from climbing the local church steeple with a high powered rifle and a bag o' bullets.

Palm Springs, California

#18 Feb 21, 2013
that one ON TOPIC...my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 2 min Demon Finder 1,796
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min GayleWood 35,950
News High HIV rates for gay men in some southern cities 12 min Gremlin 7
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 28 min who cares 11,680
The NE Jade Tuesday Thread 31 min HUGE HORNY HAROLD 3
News UK actor Ian McKellen: 'India needs to grow up'... 54 min Harold 1
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 1 hr Belles Echoes 885
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 2 hr Mite Be 1,850
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 2 hr Mite Be 764
More from around the web